I just need to open up about this sucky aspect of my life

EZ Writer

SF Supporter
I recently told my husband I've never felt confident about anything. Ever.I told him this because we're at a crisis point in our lives. He was let go from his job. He's going to try to go freelance. As well as try to find regular work. But we lose our health insurance in less than a month. We'll figure something out about it, though.
I work part time and do a lot for our adult son, who has a disability (& who also was let go from his job too, recently).
I feel scared, pressured, panicky and guilty for feel that way and I just want to run away and hide. Every little request makes me anxious. I can swallow a xanax here and there, but the requests won't stop. And one big request is that I find a full-time job so I can get health insurance for us. I'm in my 60s. I just can't write up a resume with the dates of all my jobs and when I got whatever degrees I have...
Back to the lack of confidence: he's an extremely competent person. I feel like a total f-up next to him. Next to anyone.Why can't my meds make me feel really happier with myself?
Right now, he needs my emotional support and I don't feel like giving it to him. And I feel even worse about myself. I work part-time, but sometimes it's 6 days a week and that takes a toll.

EZ Writer

SF Supporter
Hey there, you’re not a fuck up! Your a hard working mum who’s doing her best. That’s all we’ve got sometimes.

Keep on keeping on.
Thank you @nobodyknows71 I just had to get it off my chest. I was just starting to do things for just myself... Thank you and big hugs

I'm so sorry things are tough for you and your family right now @EZ Writer ..I hope things turn around for everyone, and in a good way.
Thank you @LonelyHiker I know you understand. Big hugs, I know you're going through tough times, too.

I agree with @nobodyknows71 ... you are a hard working mum. Be easier on yourself, lovely and I hope things get better very soon xxxx
Thank you and xoxoxo @Winter Blues thank you so much!

It's frustrating to be supposedly approaching retirement age and feel up against the wall. After a good night's sleep I feel a lot better today. So I'll think "challenge" and try not to despair. Thank you all for helping me find both acceptance and courage.

Thank you @nobodyknows71 I just had to get it off my chest. I was just starting to do things for just myself... Thank you and big hugs

Thank you @LonelyHiker I know you understand. Big hugs, I know you're going through tough times, too.

Thank you and xoxoxo @Winter Blues thank you so much!

It's frustrating to be supposedly approaching retirement age and feel up against the wall. After a good night's sleep I feel a lot better today. So I'll think "challenge" and try not to despair. Thank you all for helping me find both acceptance and courage.
Go girl go … My heart is with you though - I know as we get older we should be able to expect peace / ease/ serenity but life's a bitch - especially mine! You sound like a strong woman EZ - please don't let this get you down. We are here for you always .. you can do this .. just keep posting and let us know how you are .. huge love xx

EZ Writer

SF Supporter
Feel down in the dumps today. I'm challenging myself, though, to have small goals.
1. Feed myself (some food eaten)
2. Nap (done)
3. Do one small thing I don't feel like doing (writing a thank you note)
4. Think of one impossible goal & try to break it down (this might be a fun task)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @EZ Writer you are a hard working and caring mom, you should feel proud of yourself, not the opposite and I think you did the right thing there by making a list of things to do, maybe do that daily if it helps? Good luck x

Feel down in the dumps today. I'm challenging myself, though, to have small goals.
1. Feed myself (some food eaten)
2. Nap (done)
3. Do one small thing I don't feel like doing (writing a thank you note)
4. Think of one impossible goal & try to break it down (this might be a fun task)
Hi @EZWriter, I agree with @Jasonpi - you should feel proud of yourself … be strong, and we are all beside you on this xxxx

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00