Jims Cafe - 14/03/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
coollogo_com-90931318.png
Hi all, sorry for this, I may be tired, and slightly drunk, but I decided that a Jim's cafe is important. It isnt just some thread where some self-absorbed twat (me) asks questions and lordes his google-gotten knowledge over everyone, it is an important venue for people to talk and get to know each other, to talk about random nothings or sometimes random somethings and come together. It is one of the things that make sus a community and not just a forum, so here it is. Jim's Cafe on alcohol :D

Fun Facts:
1) It takes a minimum of 6 minutes for your brain to begin to react to alcohol, so no matter what you drank, you have a minimum of 6 minutes of sobriety after the first sip.
2) The only person permitted to drink alcohol in the British Parliament is the Chancellor when delivering the annual budget statement.
3) A Gin and tonic will glow under UV light because the tonic contains Quinines which react to UV light.
4) It is REALLY hard to type coherently whilst drunk.

Now, for the tables, we have a few today:

Mothers Day Table

It is Mothers Day in the UK, so sorry to everyone else, but here is a mothers table :)
1) Do you like your mother?
2) Tell us about your mother.
3) What is one really good thing you can say about your mother?
4) Did you wish her mothers day, or do you usually when it comes around?

Alcohol Table
Because I'm drunk. What? I think its impressive enough that I managed to post a cafe like this, even with spell check.
1) What is your best alcohol-related story?
2) What is your favourite drink?
3) What is the most expensive/rarest drink you have ever tasted, was it any good?
4) Have you been to an alcohol related event? Tell us about it.
5) Name one mistake you made whilst drunk.

Maths Table
Yes, it is Pi Day, when the date is 3/14 like Pi ^^ So we need a maths table.
1) Do you have any maths jokes? Lets hear them.
2) How do you fare about maths, are you a mathematician or does it fill you with dread?
3) What is your favourite thing about maths (theory, strange quirk, the logic driven nature of it, anything).
4) Have any maths related pictures? Post away.
5) Teaching time. Teach us any maths tricks you learned that makes it easier.

Recruitment Table
WHAT YOU THINK YOU CAN DO A CAFE BETTER!?! Good, say "I VOLUNTEER" as loud, large and colourful as possible and make tomorrow's Cafe. :D

Tags
@SillyOldBear @Ash600 @Auri @1964dodge @Champagne @MisterBGone @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Sunspots

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
One that would best not be repeated

Vodka

3) What is the most expensive/rarest drink you have ever tasted, was it any good?
Royal Salute Whisky which cost about £200 I think. Damn smooth and damn good

Does a visit to my uncle count?

I'd rather not.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Damn, just noticed I got the date wrong, meant 14th.
Hey Dante, so sorry lol about the double cafe thing, but hey in a way it's kind of ok cos if yours is meant to be the 14th & mine was 12-13 then they are for 2 separate days, just happened to be posted around the same time on the same day lol :p Anyway just wanted to say that really quick, will be back to reply to the q's in a bit ;) Ty for posting a cafe for the 14th though & for tagging me! :)

Blue Star

1) Do you like your mother? I like and love my mom. She's loving and interesting.
2) Tell us about your mother. She is caring, loving, and loves to watch the mexican soccer league. She's a very social person...something I am not lol. She loves to water her flowers every day.
3) What is one really good thing you can say about your mother? She cares for others.
4) Did you wish her mothers day, or do you usually when it comes around? I don't understand the question, but I do celebrate mother's day with her and I show my love to her as much as I can every single day.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hey Dante, so sorry lol about the double cafe thing, but hey in a way it's kind of ok cos if yours is meant to be the 14th & mine was 12-13 then they are for 2 separate days, just happened to be posted around the same time on the same day lol :p Anyway just wanted to say that really quick, will be back to reply to the q's in a bit ;) Ty for posting a cafe for the 14th though & for tagging me! :)
No, Im sorry, Im not really with it, I posted thinking no one would, I should have waited.

JMG

Ok I'm back, here's my answers, gonna try to answer all of them cos I enjoy answering q's (for the most part, as long as they aren't to do with "where I see myself in 5,10, however many years" kinds of ones lol but even if that was one of them I'd just say sorry I have no answer to that lol). Also those are very interesting & cool facts so thanks for sharing them with us! :) ;) Ty again for the tag & for opening a cafe too ;)

Mothers Day Table
It is Mothers Day in the UK, so sorry to everyone else, but here is a mothers table :)

Yes! Not just like, love, of course! I admire her greatly for many things :)

She's the strongest, bravest and in a lot of ways more interesting and best person I ever knew. I'm glad I've come to appreciate her so much more over the last decade, we didn't always get along so very well and there are still some times where we can say some not very nice things to each other, but I think we've become much better at accepting and forgiving each other when we say such things.

Think the above kinda answers that but it can never be said too many times imo, she is extremely strong and brave :) She's had very little support of any kind in her life (from family or anyone else, never had many friends anyway) did not have a good childhood at all. Despite so many things being stacked against her like that, she made incredibly admirable and good choices considering she was a single mom with 2 small kids to take care of a lot of the time.

Well here mother's day isn't til May but believe me I have always wished her a happy mothers day & I always will :) I'm looking forward to it very much this year cos I got her a couple bars of expensive soaps, wrapped in some cute polka dot tissue paper, in a pink polka dot box and put all that into a pretty floral patterned gift bag. It's all ready to give to her except I still gotta write in the card.

Alcohol Table
Because I'm drunk. What? I think its impressive enough that I managed to post a cafe like this, even with spell check.

Ok starting to think maybe I outta just skip this table since I don't really drink very much anyway lol but I definitely would rather not answer this one sorry. Maybe some people would think it was kinda funny but others would prob. find it kinda gross (I do lol) so ya I have no answer for this one lol :p

I rarely drink, but if I could have any alcoholic drink right now it'd prob. be a paralyzer cos I have some good, fairly "social" kinds of memories associated with that drink since I used to order it all the time with my co-worker (was his fave drink, how I was first introduced to it, plus I like it's name lol I know dumb reason) years ago whenever we'd go out for dinner after work. It was fun doing that, I miss it a lot but times change so oh well, could be worse.

Can't remember but one of my ex's used to have a whole bunch of alcohol at all times (he just liked having lots to pick from I think, he wasn't an alcoholic or anything like that) so probably one of the drinks he made me. I don't care much about prices of alcoholic drinks though, I've never bought them for "taste" anyway, just the effect. ;) :p

Nope. Even if I was invited to one...well hmm...would depend who invited me and what else would be included in such an invite. Depending on how enticing some or all of that was, I'd maybe go, but if it was just an invite with nothing else included in doing such a thing? Heck no lol. Just not my kind of thing, sorry I guess I'm kinda boring when it comes to alcohol these days (damn I am so not fitting in at this table I think lol) *hiding *shy *shh *help *halo

Ughhh yuck yuck yuck it's just so gross so no I'm sorry lol but I can't do it. If you really want to know the answer to this then PM me & I will tell you as long as you promise not to tell anyone else cos ya...if I could undo it, I would. Least I haven't been drunk more than maybe 2-3 times ever in my life I'm glad to say. :) ;)

Maths Table
Yes, it is Pi Day, when the date is 3/14 like Pi ^^ So we need a maths table.

1) Do you have any maths jokes? Lets hear them.
I'm not very good at math, hmm starting to think I shoulda just stuck to the mother's day table and left those at the alcohol & math tables in peace lol oh well too late now :p Ya I don't have any, I know I could look one or 2 up but doing too many things at once right now so just no time sorry, I'm sure others will think of all kinds of funny things for this anyway ;)

2) How do you fare about maths, are you a mathematician or does it fill you with dread?
The second thing, definitely, kinda fills me with dread lol. I do find it interesting when it isn't confusing the living heck outta me though.

3) What is your favourite thing about maths (theory, strange quirk, the logic driven nature of it, anything).
I guess the logic of it. I enjoy doing sudoku and I guess that kinda requires some fairly basic math skills anyway (I can only do easy or medium ones, rarely hard but sometimes if they are easy-hard ones lol). It's good when you need to use it for adding up $ too of course ;) :)

4) Have any maths related pictures? Post away.
Too lazy to grab one from google sorry lol. I like that "motivational poster" one though, where it has the question "Find x." and then someone circled where the "x" is in the pic and wrote "here it is" lol that one is funny :p

5) Teaching time. Teach us any maths tricks you learned that makes it easier.
I think the number 9 is actually really interesting in math. That anything added to it yields that number (9+1 =10 = 1, 9+2=11 = 2, etc.) and that the multiples of it increase by 1 digit in the first field and go down by 1 digit in the 2nd (9x2= 18, 9x3= 27) so that kinda helps me with the 9 times tables now which is handy since I've always been slower with the odd times tables. Ya math was never my strong subject lol oh well :p

JMG

No, Im sorry, Im not really with it, I posted thinking no one would, I should have waited.
Aw no please don't worry, no need to apologize at all you did nothing wrong. I'm glad there's cafes for all those days now & hopefully others will be too (esp. those who enjoy answering lots of q's even half as much as I do lol) ;) :) so thanks again for posting one too! :)
Was fun answering your q's, hopefully mine weren't too boring of answers lol ;) :p

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
It's not Mother's Day in the US until May, but I feel more qualified to answer questions about my mother rather than drinking (which I rarely do) or math.
1) Do you like your mother? Yes I love her. We've had our disagreements, but in the past few years, she has started to understand me better and has tried to be supportive.
2) Tell us about your mother. She and I have some similar traits. Like we tend to be pretty shy, but we can have fun and get silly with people we're comfortable with.
She's a French instructor at a college near where I grew up, but she's recently had to teach other classes such as freshman seminars and composition due to decreased enrollment in French classes at her school, and she really prefers teaching French because that is her passion. I might end up teaching at the college level too, depending on where things go in my life, and I considered majoring in French at one point.
3) What is one really good thing you can say about your mother? She's a very sweet person.
4) Did you wish her mothers day, or do you usually when it comes around? I'll usually text her to wish her a happy Mother's Day.

I love my mom!
My mom had ups and downs in her life but she deep down we love each other. she also sings!
She is beautiful and sweet and caring
I do usually when it comes around because we are not in the same state so i text and call her

A side note: in the past my mom wasn't exactly perfect... but now we got along and our relationship is better now...

OfLoveAndDeath

Of ❤️ and ☠️
4) It is REALLY hard to type coherently whilst drunk.
Thankfully I can usually manage ;)

Some story's are better left untold to most people ;)

Jack and Coke (Lemmynade for the metalheads in attendance) though I'm partial to sweet cocktails too.

Well I guess the rarest drink was when I made a glass of vodka, filled with lemon candy and let it ferment for a day. It smelled and tasted like hand sanitizer, never again *hiding

For the past 3 months my entire life has been an alcohol related event :)

Better left unsaid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00