Welcome one and all to Jim's Café, the sanctuary for the long suffering sane from the madness of the modern world.
Hello you beautiful people. Yes if you are reading this I mean you. It has been too long since I hijacked this particular corner of the forum, and too many days since a Cafe has been posted, so I figured it was high time I drag my arse down here and open up shop. As usual I have hopped on daysoftheyear.com to find topics to discuss and found the following: It is International Men's Day, World Toilet Day, Have a Bad Day Day, Play Monopoly Day, Carbonated Beverage Day and Road Safety Week.
Anyone of you who still cares to think back a few months will know that under my management the Cafe has multiple tables each with their own menu of questions so there is a table for everyone (and multiple tables for those who want to try everything). Feel free to answer one or all or do a table or two and come back for more later, the cafes dont go away.
Without Further ado, the Music:
Today we have 3 tables and a strange portal at the back for some reason? But before that, lets have some fun facts shall we? In honour of world toilet day, they are ALL about toilets! ^^
1) The first patent for the modern flushing toilet was secured by Englishman Alexander Cumming in 1775. Youre welcome world
2) In public toilets, the first toilet cubicle is usually the least used, which also means it is usually the cleanest.
3) England’s King George II died in 1760 after falling off his toilet.
4) Studies show the amount of time spent on a toilet is directly proportional to the number of features the toilet’s user has on his or her smartphone.
5) The most expensive toilet ever constructed took approximately $20million to develop and sits in the International Space Station, beating the earth-bound champion (the Hang Fung Golden Toilet) by $15million!
The Welcome Table
A table of increasingly random questions to break the ice, this is aimed more at newbies so PLEASE invite some.
1) How long have you been on the forum?
2) If you wrote a Autobiography, what would you call it?
3) What pet peeve would you make illegal if you could?
4) Has anyone here ever successfully licked their elbow?
5) If you could paint the moon a different colour, which would it be? (patterns like tartan and burberry are also acceptable answers)
The Bad Day Table
A table for all those bad days we have so CLEARLY had to end up here. But remember to keep it light if you can.
1) What petty irritant ALWAYS sets you off down the path to having a bad day?
2) Whats the worst date you have ever been on?
3) How far into lockdown did you get before reaching "Fuck this shit"?
4) What is your least favourite day of the week?
5) What day started bad and then was saved?
The "Its Not Christmas Yet So Put Down the Decorations and Walk Away" Table
A table for all those who are annoyed at how early christmas seems to come every year (I swear it started in October this year...)
1) When did you see the first signs of Christmas and was it WAY too early?
2) When SHOULD the christmas hype begin?
3) When did you (or will you) begin christmas shopping?
4) Have you heard of Whamageddon and if so, do you play?
5) What is the best christmas present you ever received? (Or worst if it is funny)
The Strange Portal
(Hats off to JohnDoen for inspiring this portal with his ever interesting Cafes)
As you step into the portal you are confronted with a small pommeranian with a goatee and a wisened look on its adorable face. It offers you a deal. Any 1 wish for an appropriate sacrifice.
The wish can be anything, from happiness to love to money to all weekends being 3 days, to getting time to repaint the walls to eternally removing One Direction from the public consciousness.
The sacrifice can be anything in your life you value, a memory or memories, a talent, a job, money, a relationship, the ability to taste coffee, anything you feel has enough value for the wise Pomeranian to take the deal.
1) What is your 1 wish?
2) What do you offer as sacrifice?
3) Do you think the Pomranian will accept?
A friendly place for those who just want to say hi.
1) Say Hi.
2) Say something else.
The Recruitment Desk
Its simple, spread the Cafes far and wide. TAG PEOPLE! As many as you can/want, especially newcomers to the forum! The more the merrier. I dont want to see a post without a tag! ^^
@arbitrarybarry @Auri @Harrow @Somebody Else @Starry Starry Night @Walker @Lux @Freya