Jim's Cafe - 26th March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
coollogo_com-90931318.png
Hello all, it turns out I kinda wanted to do a Cafe today, and not only that, the days here are crap. Its "purple day", "Spinach Day", "Nougat Day" and more of the like, only 1 is actually decent, and I will be running with it like a child who had just pinched the whole cookie jar for themselves, that is "Make up your own Holiday Day". And I am making "Forum Day"

Happy Forum Day everyone.

In keeping with the time honoured traditions of Forum Day (dating back almost 4 minutes) the topics will be open discussion, appreciation, and hope.

But first:

Fun Facts
1) One of the first ever forums, Delphi Forums, was put up in 1983 and is still active today.
2) Forums are some of the most demanding websites to host, with constantly changing and expanding content, huge member base and a constant target for hackers.
3) The internet is 10,825 days old, and the very first web page was: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
4) The vast majority of internet activity is by automated software and bots, most of which is malicious. (in 2016 the estimate was 2/3 of internet activity was by a malware or bots)

Discussion Table
A table to discuss discussion (ooh, meta).
1) Have you discussed your struggles with anyone IRL?
2) Have you told anyone about Suicide Forum IRL?
3) Do you regularly chat with anyone on Suicide Forum? What do you talk about?
4) Do you have anything you want to talk about?

Appreciation Table
A place to appreciate the forum, and anything else in your life.
1) Tell us what Suicide Forum means to you.
2) What is your favourite part of SF.
3) When has our admin/mod team helped you on SF?
4) Who IRL has supported you in your struggles?

Hope Table
A place to allow ourselves that light that is hope.
1) What did you hope to gain when you joined Suicide Forum?
2) What do you hope to change in your life?
3) Where do you hope to see yourself in the future?
4) When was the last time you felt real hope?
5) [Not a Question] I hope you all have a good day today. *grouphug2

The Bar
I noticed several people always pop on to say hi, but don't answer the questions, they just want to say hello. Well the bar is for you.
1) Say Hello
2) What do you want to tell people?

Recruitment Desk
Hello all, we are currently hiring new hosts for Jims Cafe. If you would like the position, please post "I Volunteer" in large friendly letters and tomorrow, post a Jim's Cafe.

Tags
@SillyOldBear @Ash600 @Auri @1964dodge @Champagne @MisterBGone @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Sunspots

Oh, also, obligatory encouraging comics stolen from Reddit with every Tags post :P

Harrow

Discussion Table

Yes I have, well at least to a certain degree. Wish I hadn't.

Yes. My family.

Yes a few people. We talk about everything you would expect friends too talk about

Yes always. 😊

Appreciation Table

Some days everything. I need this place more then anything.
It is a very big part of my life.

Chat. I love having that inclusion

Freya banned me once. Which forced me to get help and helped me get better. It's something I'm always going to be thankful for.

No one. But my sisters by nature of being inhumany amazing make things bearable for me.

Hope Table

I don't know. I was manic when I joined. But I properly hoped for the worst and found hope instead.

Everything in a way everyday I hope to understand more of who I want to be and strive for that.

It's a silly answer but just somewhere new.

I don't remember

5) [Not a Question] I hope you all have a good

Also hello everyone. I hope all of you are well *hug

I volunteered to volunteer

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
1) Have you discussed your struggles with anyone IRL? No.

2) Have you told anyone about Suicide Forum IRL? Not so far, but I would if they acted like they may benefit being here.

3) Do you regularly chat with anyone on Suicide Forum? What do you talk about? Although I don't use the chat forum feature much I do give and receive the conversation side fairly regularly. Sometimes it is just a swapping of recipes and other ideas on things, I have also seen where some of the people who seem to be down and I will post a best wishes for them hopefully for them to read and know that someone is pulling for them and wishing well for them. I have had some where the person is from another country and they find it fascinating that I hunt and fish so much of the protein I eat. Deer is a good example, where they live deer is a luxury or special ordered, yet every year I get at least one hunting it, skin and butcher it myself, package and freeze it for the future. Where that person lived few hunt and then it was mostly those that are wealthy.

4) Do you have anything you want to talk about? I am pretty good with what comes up normally.

1) Tell us what Suicide Forum means to you. A chance to hear and be heard from others who like me don't fit in and are not happy and perhaps to offer some comfort.

2) What is your favourite part of SF. No real favorite here, I check most of the parts that come up as new posts whether I have anything to add or not.

Never needed it so far, but I have heard good comments from some on my profile which can bring a smile or so.

None, I keep it private.

Understanding, both giving and receiving from others like myself.

Not much hope, but I rarely change and am quite boring. LOL

Rich and retired, but can't see it happening.

Not so far for me.

FFurry

SF Supporter
Thanks, @Dante.

1) Have you discussed your struggles with anyone IRL? Yes, but just a small part of it.
2) Have you told anyone about Suicide Forum IRL? No, but I mentioned such forums in general as a place to find help.
3) Do you regularly chat with anyone on Suicide Forum? What do you talk about? Nope.
4) Do you have anything you want to talk about? Certainly, but I don't want to bore anyone at this particular moment. :)

A place where people understand, unlike most people in real life.
2) What is your favourite part of SF. This exact thread (no brownie points intended to be earned!)
3) When has our admin/mod team helped you on SF? Profile posts... I haven't really reached out much.
4) Who IRL has supported you in your struggles? A couple long-time friends.

At least a bit of help and relief.
2) What do you hope to change in your life? Get away from the rat race (and it's all a rat race, no matter how supposedly "noble" or respected the profession).
3) Where do you hope to see yourself in the future? In some rugged remote place in the country, with a bit of freedom at the end.
4) When was the last time you felt real hope? Good question. There's a faint hint of hope every day that I try to hold on to, but real hope? Hmm...

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi Dante and everyone. :) Hope you're all having a fantastic start of the weekend!

Discussion Table
A TINY part of it with VERY few people (that is, 2), but it's not like I can completely hide that I'm "struggling", everyone has their own suspicions, I suppose.

Certainly not.

Yes. About anything we feel like talking about.

Rarely. I prefer listening.

Appreciation Table
It's a way for me to help people, learn about people, and make friends.

The people and the emojis.

They've helped me lots, I couldn't be more grateful.

My parents have supported me financially and medically. My friends are there and would still be there if I did open up about things, which is all that matters.

Hope Table
I joined when I decided to (successfully) attempt before my birthday and to help the most people I could in the meantime, it wasn't even the worst day. I guess things didn't go the way I expected them to go. I couldn't be more grateful.

Unemployment. Also, hopefully, my mental health.

I don't know, not where I am. Next question. ^^

Today, every day.

5) [Not a Question] I hope you all have a good day today.
Thank you. Have a beautiful day, everyone.*grouphug2

The Bar
There's a bar?! Now we're talking... Hello everyone! *stars

A_J_R

This is great. I need a distraction. Thank you.

Discussion Table
Yes, I have a couple of friends I have confided in, and at one time I had a therapist.

I have, but I call it an online depression group. I'd rather not have my friends know about my suicide ideation.

No, in a consistent way yet. But I'm getting to recognize a lot of the handles.

There's a lot I'd like to talk about, and have, but my thinking is circular and I'm really not sure I know what I want or what I need to get so I can start fixing my problems.

Appreciation Table
Honestly, this place has meant the world to me. It's been a good place to come when I'm looking into the darkness.

The kindness and thoughtfulness that people put into every response. I'm very impressed with the sensitivity.

I can't think of anything I've needed thus far.

Just a couple of friends. But they don't fully understand the depths of my depression, and to be honest, I think they think I'm better off now that I've cut ties with someone I loved but who treated me poorly. So when I come to them they just can't figure out why I'm so in love with this person and letting him consume my life. So, I think they are frustrated.

Hope Table
I came here because I was really scared about what I might do to myself. I have fallen into a huge hole and I'm having a hard time getting out of it.

I'm not sure, to be completely honest. I know I want to be free of this pain, but that means letting go of someone I love very much (even though we haven't spoken in over a year). I'm not in a place to do that. He meant so much.

Again, not sure. My depression mostly wants me gone. And I can't see past this week, much less much farther into the future.

Not for a very long time, and that's been really hard. I used to have so much hope. The loss of that has meant the loss of interest in most things I love.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
:Parental Advisory; Lot'sa SWEARTING / CURSING & INSANITY (To~follow!)_ ich bin sory~
WEll, that 's f-n GReAt~._^> turns out I don't inow how to highlight ande only answer one secgtion of m'fijng ?'s..............
(Sorry, today has been a nightmare--& a disaster; all "rolled-into-One!") (^; _______
Hoepfully - this works!! . . )* ..//^~ >

Discussion Table
Yes

No, well. . . (yes, ~)/>* but I don't know if it really counts. ? (^:

I don't know how to chat. I PM w/some. Unbelievable specimens of humans. Wish there were more like them "off-screen. . ;)"

Oh, ----! ;/

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
BACK TO - '1)' :

I think that some people can handle depression. Far fewer can handle suicide. And when put to the test, don't be surprised if some are less than predictable, based on how you think they'll react to it... (Just in terms, of how they'll take it!) / I think that, some can handle the lesser scale or severe elements of them. In other words, the more 'serious,' or "Real~." it gets -- the less likely, or the greater the number will diminish for you - or shrink. . . In terms of, who will be left there standing when the dust settles, or clears. Yes! Everybody says they want to help and be there you. But talk is just that, talk. Action requires a further degree of willingness, or the ability to put up with your b. s. Which can become a tired act, the more times you run to the well / or cry wolf. It's exhausting for them, in every sense of the word- (Also) Lastly; when you do make the decision to reveal this/these inner darker thoughts, and so on, what you have very definitely and well done, is to "give them a leg up on you," in any or all situations, that they deem fit to utilize to their advantage, and as I said, at their discretion. So, depending on the person, or friend, they may or may not abuse this power. As you've now revealed to them your weakness, at least in so far as much of modern society feels, and dictates.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
View attachment 43786
Hello all, it turns out I kinda wanted to do a Cafe today, and not only that, the days here are crap. Its "purple day", "Spinach Day", "Nougat Day" and more of the like, only 1 is actually decent, and I will be running with it like a child who had just pinched the whole cookie jar for themselves, that is "Make up your own Holiday Day". And I am making "Forum Day"

Happy Forum Day everyone.

In keeping with the time honoured traditions of Forum Day (dating back almost 4 minutes) the topics will be open discussion, appreciation, and hope.

But first:

Fun Facts
1) One of the first ever forums, Delphi Forums, was put up in 1983 and is still active today.
2) Forums are some of the most demanding websites to host, with constantly changing and expanding content, huge member base and a constant target for hackers.
3) The internet is 10,825 days old, and the very first web page was: http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html
4) The vast majority of internet activity is by automated software and bots, most of which is malicious. (in 2016 the estimate was 2/3 of internet activity was by a malware or bots)

Discussion Table

Appreciation Table

Hope Table

The Bar
I noticed several people always pop on to say hi, but don't answer the questions, they just want to say hello. Well the bar is for you.
1) Say Hello

Recruitment Desk
Hello all, we are currently hiring new hosts for Jims Cafe. If you would like the position, please post "I Volunteer" in large friendly letters and tomorrow, post a Jim's Cafe.

Tags
@SillyOldBear @Ash600 @Auri @1964dodge @Champagne @MisterBGone @Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️ @Sunspots

Oh, also, obligatory encouraging comics stolen from Reddit with every Tags post :P
Will you tag someone with a WaWaWiWa comic?

Diss Cushion Table

Have you discussed your struggles with anyone IRL? - Yes, a therapist.
Have you told anyone about Suicide Forum IRL? - No.
Do you regularly chat with anyone on Suicide Forum? What do you talk about?
- I often forget that there is a chat box in the corner, so no, like never.

Do you have anything you want to talk about?

- I wish I had a better therapist.

Apfrechiaxion Tab

Tell us what Suicide Forum means to you.
- The only place, where no one tell me to "man the fuck up", when I say I want to die.

What is your favourite part of SF.
- The above. No one tell me to "man the fuck up", when I say I want to die.

When has our admin/mod team helped you on SF?
- I made some questions in the Ask the Staff section and they are all answered.

Who IRL has supported you in your struggles?

- I mean, you are all real. We are just unable to meet in real life.

Hope Place

What did you hope to gain when you joined Suicide Forum?
- A relief from my daily suicidal thoughts and life struggles.

What do you hope to change in your life?
- A proper mental health treatment.

Where do you hope to see yourself in the future?
- A vacation after treatment.

When was the last time you felt real hope?

- When I had this current job after the time I tried to kill myself 2 years ago. A new begin.

I hope you all have a good day today. *grouphug2

The Pub

Say Hello - Hello
What do you want to tell people? - Do you know that every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes?

(one day, the day I make Jim's Cafe thread, one day. I'm procrastinating here, again)

Inya

babaya gayolera
Discussion Table
1) Have you discussed your struggles with anyone IRL? Only with my man, no one else ever knew and probably never will.
2) Have you told anyone about Suicide Forum IRL? See above
3) Do you regularly chat with anyone on Suicide Forum? What do you talk about? Not regulary but when I do is random.
4) Do you have anything you want to talk about? I'm pretty chatty but only if someone listens to me.

Appreciation Table
1) Tell us what Suicide Forum means to you. Distraction
2) What is your favourite part of SF. Cafes
4) Who IRL has supported you in your struggles? Weed and booze.

Hope Table
1) What did you hope to gain when you joined Suicide Forum? Knowlege and information to successfully off myself.
2) What do you hope to change in your life? Already have.
3) Where do you hope to see yourself in the future? Right where I am. Fix my sleeping would be nice too.
4) When was the last time you felt real hope? Yesterday when we were able to order one more round 5 minutes past the time.
5) [Not a Question] I hope you all have a good day today. Thank you, I wish you all a good one.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Discussion Table

Well, besides my therapist and family members, not many people. Although friends I know in person know a bit about my struggles, we've never sat and talked about it face to face.

My therapist, but I didn't mention it by name. And my mom knows about the site. Not sure if anyone else knows.

A handful of people through PM. I haven't been on chat in a long time. And we talk about anything and everything, from serious to funny.

Not really, I guess I am doing ok right now.

Appreciation Table

I never have to feel alone when I am here, and that means more than I can say.

The people make it what it is.

They keep the site safe and do so much to keep it running, and I appreciate that immensely.

Family members, don't really have too many friends offline.

Hope Table

To not have to be alone with my thoughts, to struggle or deal with it on my own.

To be a happier and healthier person.

Hopefully better off than I am today.

Haven't felt that for a while, but I would like to feel that again.

Thank you, I hope you and everyone else does too.

The Bar

1) Say Hello
*stars
There is a bar here, or tavern if you will. Trying to get more traffic there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00