Once again, I am seeing a ponderous lack of Cafe for today, so here it is, Jim's Cafe back again. It would be great to see more people putting these up, it doesnt have to be big, it doesnt have to be themed, and it doesnt have to have graphics created on some website I found online, it doesnt seen fun facts and it doesnt even need questions, just a conversation starter, something to get people talking
So, I didnt like todays themes on Days of the Year so I am going rogue once again and have prepared you 3 tables to choose from for your pleasure in todays Cafe, and as always you are encouraged to swap tables if you like after you have had your fill. But First:
1) The Vinegar you get in Fish and Chip shops is almost always NOT vinegar. It is a mixture of water, ethanoic acid and various additives to make it look and taste as similar as possible, but ends up being much cheaper to make.
2) Vinegar isn't the only fake, supermarket Wasabi is made from Horseradish, and over in the USA over 30% of restaurants selling "Lobster" just use Langustino or White Fish instead (which is cheaper) and some pre-grated parmesan cheese even contains pulped wood as a bulking agent! (essentially like cutting drugs with cheaper substances to make it go further).
3) Nutmeg is a hallucinogen if taken in large enough doses. which reminds me I need to buy a LOT Of nutmeg for... unrelated reasons...
4) Farmed salmon is dyed pink. Wild salmon turns pink because of all the shrimp in their diet, but farmed salmon aren't fed shrimp, so to keep the colour they are fed plant pigments to make up the difference, otherwise it would be white.
So, as you probably guessed from the fun facts, we will he having a food table with all kinds of questions about food, pictures and mouth-watering descriptions are encouraged.
1) What is your favourite food
2) What is your LEAST favourite food
3) What food reminds you of better times
4) Do you know and love any good that most people probably haven't tried
5) Do you know any great places to eat?
6) Tell us something we dont know about food or drink
This table is more random and is filled with just whatever questions came to mind at the time. Enjoy.
1) What super power would you chose if you could
2) If you could learn a single new skill to perfection in one night, what would you learn.
3) What language have you always wanted to learn and why
4) Tell us a happy memory
5) Tell us something we dont know.
This is the table where SOMEONE can volunteer to do tomorrow's Jim's Cafe, just speak up in bold big and colourful letters "I volunteer" that way we know someone will have it covered tomorrow (Please check to see if anyone else has volunteered before doing so, we love Jim's Cafe, but multiple cafes on a single day would be problematic I think.)
@Aurelia @FlamingoWrangler @HappyKitty @johnDoen @Kiwi2016 @cymbele @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16