Journaling

CBunny9

ive been really consistent with journaling lately and it’s actually kind of helpful in processing things on my own between therapy sessions. I also carry my Polaroid camera around and paste the photos I take in my journal which somehow gives me incentive to write more often.

Anyway, something I’ve found really useful when journaling is something I heard on a podcast once. They were talking about how very often when someone is journaling they get to a point where they feel like they have nothing else to say, but that’s when you need to keep writing because thats when the good stuff comes out.

So far it’s proven to be true for me.

Does anyone else find journaling useful?

kat319

SF Supporter
Yes, I've done some journaling in the past. I found it a few way to express my emotions and gain clarity on situations. I've been thinking about starting again. However, right now I'm worried about putting my thoughts on paper. I can barely express them to my therapist.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Yes. I journal. These days though, it is mainly to leave my thoughts behind in written form so that family will have some knowledge of what my life has become like. And yep, its so very true. When you don't think you have anything to say just keep writing. Thats true even for a college paper. You can always clean it up later.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've found journaling useful.
Usually when I've nothing to say I'm too scared to continue journaling and find out what's there, I rather just not journal at all.
When I journal it's helpful. How much I journal is actually an indicator of how okay I am. When I'm in a good place I'm journaling a really lot, when I'm not, less so (though funnily enough the less so is still at least twice a week).
I've found all kinda of journaling useful. Like just writing, or writing letters to others/myself, writing through dialogue, or anything else though I haven't used other forms. Oh, poetry kinda too.
Thanks for sharing.

CBunny9

Yes, I've done some journaling in the past. I found it a few way to express my emotions and gain clarity on situations. I've been thinking about starting again. However, right now I'm worried about putting my thoughts on paper. I can barely express them to my therapist.
It definitely helps me gain a lot of clarity. I have trouble articulating how I’m feeling a lot, so I understand.

CBunny9

I've found journaling useful.
Usually when I've nothing to say I'm too scared to continue journaling and find out what's there, I rather just not journal at all.
When I journal it's helpful. How much I journal is actually an indicator of how okay I am. When I'm in a good place I'm journaling a really lot, when I'm not, less so (though funnily enough the less so is still at least twice a week).
I've found all kinda of journaling useful. Like just writing, or writing letters to others/myself, writing through dialogue, or anything else though I haven't used other forms. Oh, poetry kinda too.
Thanks for sharing.
I used to do a lot of creative writing in high school and some of college and I loved it. I’ve since fallen out of the habit but I really want to get into it again. And when I read back on some of the stories I used to write i realize just how much it was like journaling for me, I guess. Like the situations I put my characters in were just super ultra dramatized reflections of how I myself was feeling in my life.

Young Kelvin

yea. I usually keep a daily journal where I write my goals for the day and helps me keep track of my achievememts and weakness. Before I sleep I usually write in the journal what I have achieved and that helps me to to stay productive daily since every day I make a point to write the positive things I have done. Like today for example my achievements are : 1. I shaved my hair and got a clean hair cut right now I look more neat.
2. I studied some units that will be taught next semester so when I go back to uni I'll have an easier time passing my exams.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
yea. I usually keep a daily journal where I write my goals for the day and helps me keep track of my achievememts and weakness. Before I sleep I usually write in the journal what I have achieved and that helps me to to stay productive daily since every day I make a point to write the positive things I have done. Like today for example my achievements are : 1. I shaved my hair and got a clean hair cut right now I look more neat.
2. I studied some units that will be taught next semester so when I go back to uni I'll have an easier time passing my exams.
I love this! Thanks :)

I'm trying hard to journal every day. I keep track of my morning mood, things I'm grateful for, and a small goal I want to achieve by the end of the day.

In the evening I check in again with my mood, list a few more things I'm grateful for, and pat myself on the back for accomplishing my goal. :p

Recently my therapist asked me to practice reframing my negative self-talk so things like "I am useless" turn into "I am not useless, I am just struggling". I think it's helping.

I love journaling. I've been doing it fairly regularly since my teens. There's a website called Mood Tracker that has a journal feature, but you can also use it to keep track of your medications, sleep patterns, etc.

Anyway, journaling helps me articulate my thoughts and feelings and clears my head. It also gives me perspective when I read the entries later.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00