• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

KPop Thread

BlueGreen

I could say the same @JDot! I went down a rabbithole right from the start too! My youngest son was into Kpop and showed me a list of names and as soon I saw Shinee and that video I just looked at everything I could find about them. Eventually I checked out EXO, the same happened but then I started checking out a lot of others. I love how 'innocent' these groups are compared to Western groups and how they support each other. I only wish I had found Kpop 10 years ago.

JDot

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I could say the same @JDot! I went down a rabbithole right from the start too! My youngest son was into Kpop and showed me a list of names and as soon I saw Shinee and that video I just looked at everything I could find about them. Eventually I checked out EXO, the same happened but then I started checking out a lot of others. I love how 'innocent' these groups are compared to Western groups and how they support each other. I only wish I had found Kpop 10 years ago.
I wish I got into Kpop around 2007-09 when Girls Generation was getting started. I would have loved to have witnessed all of the second generation of Kpop. At least I was here for the third and fourth. But it would have been awesome to be into groups like 2ne1 and 4minute when they were new. I got into 2ne1 the last year they were together.

BlueGreen

I wish I got into Kpop around 2007-09 when Girls Generation was getting started. I would have loved to have witnessed all of the second generation of Kpop. At least I was here for the third and fourth. But it would have been awesome to be into groups like 2ne1 and 4minute when they were new. I got into 2ne1 the last year they were together.
Same here. I was living in a really boring country for 10 years and felt my life was wasted. Really wish I had heard of Shinee in 2008, I know I would have been obsessed. I'm glad I knew them when they were still 5. I really like that second generation stuff! Some people say it's not so good now but I love all the new stuff coming out now too.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
P. S.) I didn’t know that Gagnham style was actually hip (or kpop!)! . . // that’s how dumb, I am— ;D ..& now I’m hungry 😋 for some pistachios’ ; )

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
^^^ probably should have given a •*seizure^warning*• to that last video. . (I think I might recognize one or two of them — but I’ll be darned if I know their names! / & google only tells me their real ‘Ames, which is of no help! ;))

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
OMG!!! : ) Thank You 😊 @JDot - so Sad 😞 that I didn’t even know that! . . (I mainly or mostly, know her from a variety show - M.O.A.M, where she killed it! Demonstrating how to properly dance 💃 in high heels 👠 ) // I was somewhat wondering if it was rigged — that’s how good she was...;^) & funny, too!

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Thank you ☺️! I will have to (TRY!) to check those out / one ☝️ day. . :^)) -you see, it reminds me; this genre, what little I’ve experienced of it, like my first foray into “metal,” as a child — we’re talking before reaching an age that includes ‘double digits!’ ...just in terms of the “all-out, aural-assault. . :D” (but this could be a “good-thing,” if it turns out to be anything like THAT: (which is a run that lasted practically uncontested - for top spot or billing for nearly 20 years!) Thanks 😊

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Just wondering if they have a consensus, or universal “number one,” or “best song?” Or with a group like that — (that is so popular, practically like ‘the Beatles,’ I suppose...) — is it really all coming down to preference; or matter of taste! ;D

JDot

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Just wondering if they have a consensus, or universal “number one,” or “best song?” Or with a group like that — (that is so popular, practically like ‘the Beatles,’ I suppose...) — is it really all coming down to preference; or matter of taste! ;D
Gee is usually considered their best song. It's the song that made them superstars. I Got A Boy is also considered one of their best.

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
And yet it’s not in your top 3! ;D I truly do love it. . . (That’s the sign of a true fan - & I can relate on a lot of levels: to other things, of course!)

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Woah, dude! : ) whoa..;)! I think I’m getting dizzy- but I will be back. In black!! :D (sensory overload within the 1st few seconds; but then again, I am an old man 👴) “oppa” : here_we_go~*>_•^)—<=

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$25.00
Goal
$255.00