KPop Thread

BlueGreen

I could say the same @JDot! I went down a rabbithole right from the start too! My youngest son was into Kpop and showed me a list of names and as soon I saw Shinee and that video I just looked at everything I could find about them. Eventually I checked out EXO, the same happened but then I started checking out a lot of others. I love how 'innocent' these groups are compared to Western groups and how they support each other. I only wish I had found Kpop 10 years ago.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I could say the same @JDot! I went down a rabbithole right from the start too! My youngest son was into Kpop and showed me a list of names and as soon I saw Shinee and that video I just looked at everything I could find about them. Eventually I checked out EXO, the same happened but then I started checking out a lot of others. I love how 'innocent' these groups are compared to Western groups and how they support each other. I only wish I had found Kpop 10 years ago.
I wish I got into Kpop around 2007-09 when Girls Generation was getting started. I would have loved to have witnessed all of the second generation of Kpop. At least I was here for the third and fourth. But it would have been awesome to be into groups like 2ne1 and 4minute when they were new. I got into 2ne1 the last year they were together.

BlueGreen

I wish I got into Kpop around 2007-09 when Girls Generation was getting started. I would have loved to have witnessed all of the second generation of Kpop. At least I was here for the third and fourth. But it would have been awesome to be into groups like 2ne1 and 4minute when they were new. I got into 2ne1 the last year they were together.
Same here. I was living in a really boring country for 10 years and felt my life was wasted. Really wish I had heard of Shinee in 2008, I know I would have been obsessed. I'm glad I knew them when they were still 5. I really like that second generation stuff! Some people say it's not so good now but I love all the new stuff coming out now too.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
P. S.) I didn’t know that Gagnham style was actually hip (or kpop!)! . . // that’s how dumb, I am— ;D ..& now I’m hungry 😋 for some pistachios’ ; )

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
^^^ probably should have given a •*seizure^warning*• to that last video. . (I think I might recognize one or two of them — but I’ll be darned if I know their names! / & google only tells me their real ‘Ames, which is of no help! ;))

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
OMG!!! : ) Thank You 😊 @JDot - so Sad 😞 that I didn’t even know that! . . (I mainly or mostly, know her from a variety show - M.O.A.M, where she killed it! Demonstrating how to properly dance 💃 in high heels 👠 ) // I was somewhat wondering if it was rigged — that’s how good she was...;^) & funny, too!

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Thank you ☺️! I will have to (TRY!) to check those out / one ☝️ day. . :^)) -you see, it reminds me; this genre, what little I’ve experienced of it, like my first foray into “metal,” as a child — we’re talking before reaching an age that includes ‘double digits!’ ...just in terms of the “all-out, aural-assault. . :D” (but this could be a “good-thing,” if it turns out to be anything like THAT: (which is a run that lasted practically uncontested - for top spot or billing for nearly 20 years!) Thanks 😊

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Just wondering if they have a consensus, or universal “number one,” or “best song?” Or with a group like that — (that is so popular, practically like ‘the Beatles,’ I suppose...) — is it really all coming down to preference; or matter of taste! ;D

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Just wondering if they have a consensus, or universal “number one,” or “best song?” Or with a group like that — (that is so popular, practically like ‘the Beatles,’ I suppose...) — is it really all coming down to preference; or matter of taste! ;D
Gee is usually considered their best song. It's the song that made them superstars. I Got A Boy is also considered one of their best.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
And yet it’s not in your top 3! ;D I truly do love it. . . (That’s the sign of a true fan - & I can relate on a lot of levels: to other things, of course!)

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Smells Like Teen Spirit, (maybe?) Enter Sandman, Jump! , Stairway To Heaven. . . Etc. etc. et cetera ;) none_of_them: are in-> my top 3! ( ;

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
Woah, dude! : ) whoa..;)! I think I’m getting dizzy- but I will be back. In black!! :D (sensory overload within the 1st few seconds; but then again, I am an old man 👴) “oppa” : here_we_go~*>_•^)—<=

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00