KPop Thread

BlueGreen

This was the first Kpop song I ever heard (well apart from Gangnam Style and I still haven't watched that whole video!). Completely fell for these guys and couldn't believe how gorgeous Jonghyun was. So question today - can you remember your first Kpop song? Was it an instant attraction or did it grow more slowly?

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
This was the first Kpop song I ever heard (well apart from Gangnam Style and I still haven't watched that whole video!). Completely fell for these guys and couldn't believe how gorgeous Jonghyun was. So question today - can you remember your first Kpop song? Was it an instant attraction or did it grow more slowly?
My first Kpop song (not counting Gangnam Style) was Whistle by BlackPink. I was a big fan of the Canadian singer Grimes. She posted the video for Whistle on her Tumblr. I watched it and fell in love immediately. I loved the trippy nature of the video. And I loved the catchiness of the song, even though I didn't know the words being in Korean. I was suddenly curious what other Kpop songs and videos were like. I started researching popular artists and watching their videos. I went down the rabbit hole so to speak, and I don't regret it. I eventually started listening to SNSD or Girl's Generation. And I believe my life is better for it. They always make me happy. It's been an adventure learning about different groups and songs. And I still enjoy learning about different groups and songs. That's why I started this thread. I wanted to see what others were listening to. Anyways I'd like to thank Grimes and BlackPink for getting me into this adventure.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00