That maybe I'm not relationship material, that my norm of solitude does not translate well to opening my life to another. Although I've grown, and accomplished much self-improvement, I'm still sensitive to criticism.
I don't do anger well, that my partner communictes her anger, quickly, without warning, usually without much thought, and I'm not used to that. I learned when I was young that any expression of anger was met with physical consequences, so I learned to stuff my feelings. I absorb a lot of that without responding, but when I do get angry, it's a deep, simmering anger that lasts for 2 or 3 days.
I withdraw, and minimize input/output. Basically the cold shoulder or silent treatment. Walking past each other, pretending that we are both invisible, then eventually, tentatively, we edge closer, trying to mantain whatever fragile balance there is. I don't care for slammed doors (although I've found I do that well) or even raised voices, usually the misunderstanding could have been avoided, with a simple comment or question.
peace