• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Deadsoon

Well-Known Member
I hate my depression. When I was younger, things didn't bother me that much when I knew it was fixable, but now I have a complete meltdown. I was always sensitive to comments and being judged, but not to everything. Now that part of me is gone. I'm reflecting on things I handled very well for my young age, and if I had gone through them now, it would be a completely different story. I feel I am regressing and I can't stop it. I always had social anxiety, and that has worsened. Now I have developed generalized anxiety and am afraid to go to places that I never had problems going to before. This life sucks.
 

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
I am so ready for my life to be over. Am tired of the pain. Both mental and physical. Am tired of medical system getting me through tests and appointments to see what is wrong and what they might be able to do about it. (If is what I think it is, there won't be much). Am tired of PT for my back. Am tired of living in a world that is tearing itself apart. It seems like humanity must continually work at destroying itself for life to have any meaning. Am tired of inflation, unaffordable gas, and things only getting worse. God, PLEASE take me home. SOON!
 

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
My therapist suggested something that appalled me. I had been thinking I liked her approach but this was ridiculous and to me seemed like it'd make me worse/weaker rather than stronger. I was un-nerved by it when she said it and got so uncomfortable I couldn't respond properly.
I heard once that you should never leave a therapy appointment feeling worse. Sorry to hear of your experience.
 
hmmm…. come to think if it I don’t think I ever saw Miranda Priestly wear prada shoes, well I’m not familiar with the brand designs though so maybe she already did but it would be nice if in the movie they just casually drop a line like “she’s asking for shoes? did she tell you which one?” “idk, you know her, she loves her prada shoes like the devil she is”
 
Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Trying to figure out how to ask nicely for some money I loaned him to buy tires back when he was unemployed. He is employed now for 4 months and doesn't pay rent - the county pays it as part of its "prevent homelessness" program which it started when he was unemployed so he has the cash. I'm not hurting for money but I could use it now. But I'm not good at asking for things like this.
sorry i'm late. adult children are still our children and sometimes need a little help, money, advice etc. . you have to set limits when it comes to money. it may be a good idea to sit down and talk to him. let him know that you were happy to help when he needed it but was looking to figure things out.

if you can afford to wait try to set up a payment plan that would pay off the tires in a reasonable timeframe without killing his budget. you can frame it with a compliment and hope : you can say he's been doing well and you can see it. and the fact that you pay me back it will be easier for me to loan you money in the future.

small suggestion. after he pays everything wait a month or 2 and ask if you can borrow $50 for a week, it will tell you a lot good or bad. my kids and i all help each other if we are a bit short

mike....*hug*shake
 
sorry i'm late. adult children are still our children and sometimes need a little help, money, advice etc. . you have to set limits when it comes to money. it may be a good idea to sit down and talk to him. let him know that you were happy to help when he needed it but was looking to figure things out.

if you can afford to wait try to set up a payment plan that would pay off the tires in a reasonable timeframe without killing his budget. you can frame it with a compliment and hope : you can say he's been doing well and you can see it. and the fact that you pay me back it will be easier for me to loan you money in the future.

small suggestion. after he pays everything wait a month or 2 and ask if you can borrow $50 for a week, it will tell you a lot good or bad. my kids and i all help each other if we are a bit short

mike....*hug*shake
Thanks for the advice. I finally found the courage to ask and got about a quarter of the bill. He had forgotten about the loan. Still I have to remember that I am not working and pull back on loans.
 

JMG

Pink Sponge autumn horse 💖🧽🌞🐴
Wondering why I keep having strange, confusing and unsettling dreams when I’m sleeping, then when I wake up (for the last few days at least) all I end up doing is wishing I could just say to my sis that I don’t want to see or talk to her for a while. This whole new “thing” that will be happening in June, I just don’t feel ready for it at all.

My Thera-pets cards keep telling me “It is going to be ok” but unless it somehow helps make them both a heck of a lot less negatively judgmental then I really don’t see how that could possibly be the case.

When I wake up from those odd dreams I don’t end up feeling very well rested. Almost feels like I’ve barely slept over the last several days. When stuff starts affecting my sleep like this, it is pretty much always a sign that I need to do something. Ugh. Life is very confusing sometimes.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top