Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
OK school doesn't start till Tuesday. I thought it started Monday so that's good. But it is still not alleviating the anxiety in my stomach about starting another term. I just want to do good and be ok. I'm pretty tired of vehemently pretending everything is good. I'm not good most of the time, but what good does it do to think about that? If I could just stop being so sad all the time, I could actually commit to all the proactive things I want to do. Tired of being tired.
*console*hug

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
OK school doesn't start till Tuesday. I thought it started Monday so that's good. But it is still not alleviating the anxiety in my stomach about starting another term. I just want to do good and be ok. I'm pretty tired of vehemently pretending everything is good. I'm not good most of the time, but what good does it do to think about that? If I could just stop being so sad all the time, I could actually commit to all the proactive things I want to do. Tired of being tired.
I'm sorry. I know how you feel. I hope the new term starts out better than you think, so you can get a bit of a boost. *hug

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Leather is skin. Obviously we all know that already. But stop for a minute and really think about it. Let it sink in. We make sofas and chairs and belts and shoes out of it, not because we need those things and are using the materials available to us (that may have been true in the past, but leather is a luxury good now), but because we like it.

We make clothing and furniture out of the skins of other creatures. Some of us even get off on wearing special clothes and playing with toys made out of it, and that’s considered a relatively common entry-level kink. Literally the only difference between Ed Gein and the rest of us is what species the skins came from.

I’m not even trying to say it’s morally wrong; I’m certainly not going vegan anytime soon. But, you gotta admit, we’re pretty fucking weird.

Last edited:

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Conversely: touch yourself right now. No, not like that. I mean, just let your fingers brush against your arm or face or something.

What does your skin feel like? Doesn’t it feel like nice, smooth, high quality leather?
not mine. it feels like a wrinkly old prune lol. if someone wants to make a purse out of my face, AFTER I pass that's their stupidity. as long as they don't make a change purse out of my @#$...mike

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
some people are probably going to hate me for this @Gonz but i'll say my opinion.
Please, Mike. :( It's not the first time you give your opinion about this, but you know that it triggers me a lot and I've always avoided replying to it with my own opinion because I know it wouldn't end well, not for me, not for you nor anybody else who would care about what I have to say on this. Or perhaps I am afraid to be cast as the bad guy like I am everyday for promoting love.
I also love you and don't hate you. If I hated every person who has a different opinion than me, I wouldn't be me.
Last but not least, I respect your faith that you base your opinion on, and I do not want to discredit it, which would be as*holish of me and... not me?
So please, it's not about you being hated, but about you risking to hate a friend, which I do not wish to happen.
I am not for censorship, but that works for everyone.

after being sick for weeks, barely eating anything, and i still do even now that i'm okay.... i still overestimate how much food i can eat, it surprises me how much food i used to binge eat and i wish i could never go back to that... after a few bites i'm done.
i hate that pain i feel between my chin and my neck every first bite.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Please, Mike. :( It's not the first time you give your opinion about this, but you know that it triggers me a lot and I've always avoided replying to it with my own opinion because I know it wouldn't end well, not for me, not for you nor anybody else who would care about what I have to say on this. Or perhaps I am afraid to be cast as the bad guy like I am everyday for promoting love.
I also love you and don't hate you. If I hated every person who has a different opinion than me, I wouldn't be me.
Last but not least, I respect your faith that you base your opinion on, and I do not want to discredit it, which would be as*holish of me and... not me?
So please, it's not about you being hated, but about you risking to hate a friend, which I do not wish to happen.
i'm sorry i'll try not to give my opinion on this again. but the good thing is they are starting to produce food that tastes a little like meat with the same texture. if they continue with the research maybe in 20 or 30 years everyone can eat meat , of course plant based. we are heading in the right direction...mike...*console*hug

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I also edited the post

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm sorry i'll try not to give my opinion on this again. but the good thing is they are starting to produce food that tastes a little like meat with the same texture. if they continue with the research maybe in 20 or 30 years everyone can eat meat , of course plant based. we are heading in the right direction...mike...*console*hug
Thanks. :) Yes they are, science is pretty amazing lol

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Though I wouldn't eat that :p
and that's ok but a lot of vegetarians like the taste of meat but stopped eating it on moral or health reasons. that means if it's 100% plant based these people can eat a meat substitute that some say you can't tell the difference. I heard some of the veggie burgers you can't tell the difference. so if the price came down I would definitely try them....mike

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh, saving for Christmas, that's a novel idea. I always just put the gifts on my credit card and hate myself for the time it takes me to pay it off *hiding
Oh that sucks, what I usually do is buy 1 or 2 a week depending on spare cash at the time, its easier on the mind and pocket that way :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00