Musings, ideas, what are you thinking about?

Tana

I have a lot of those. I wonder what the significance of time is, what it would be like to be inside a black hole and whether two different realities could really exist at the same time, what dark matter really is and its significance, whether or not we truly live in a multiverse, what existed before our universe was born, etc., etc.
That all sounds interesting. Wanna share any theories you have?

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
That all sounds interesting. Wanna share any theories you have?
Well, I do tend to think there are other universes out there most likely. But as for everything else, it's a bit too complicated, I think, for humans to fully understand. The black hole thing is interesting, though, because if there was an observer who saw another person get sucked into a black hole, they would basically see them explode into tiny little particles before they even got to the singularity. However, the other person's perspective would be completely different. They would actually be totally fine, just stuck inside an abyss of nothingness. At least, that's the theory, since no one's actually seen anyone get sucked into a black hole. So two different realities would exist at one time, one in which the person was dead and one in which they were still alive. Kind of like Shroedinger's cat.

Tana

Well, I do tend to think there are other universes out there most likely. But as for everything else, it's a bit too complicated, I think, for humans to fully understand. The black hole thing is interesting, though, because if there was an observer who saw another person get sucked into a black hole, they would basically see them explode into tiny little particles before they even got to the singularity. However, the other person's perspective would be completely different. They would actually be totally fine, just stuck inside an abyss of nothingness. At least, that's the theory, since no one's actually seen anyone get sucked into a black hole. So two different realities would exist at one time, one in which the person was dead and one in which they were still alive. Kind of like Shroedinger's cat.
Well, I always do say it depends on the "perspective" a lot...
This seems to relate to the quantum field (well, is), but it's interesting how you connected it with the black hole (?).

Personally, when I thought of multiverse, I thought there's an alternate reality where things are played out differently, due to some played out experience in that exact field. Also, I thought it could be impossible to imagine what it looks like. Or there could be more then 2....imagine though. And what purpose would it serve? It sounds like an experiment someone would be doing...which brings me to the idea of a stimulation, but let's not get ahead lol....

So, out of aliens, multiverses, gods (religion-based or not), matrixes..which reality would you consider "most likely"? In a way of asking...

PS: No expert. Just fun to think about, excuse any ignorance lol.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Can you guys share some of your "deeper" ponders?
I'm wondering what you're thinking about, and what questions/insights you have.
I am a lot into philosophy myself, but it's usually not things I can share on the forum. :P I don't want to start the topic and/or offend anyone, but for example these days I've been mostly thinking about religions and atheism from an epistemological point of view. Which has no place on SF and that's fine. ;)

Tana

I am a lot into philosophy myself, but it's usually not things I can share on the forum. :P I don't want to start the topic and/or offend anyone, but for example these days I've been mostly thinking about religions and atheism from an epistemological point of view. Which has no place on SF and that's fine. ;)
Ah, yeah. I've had a bunch of thoughts on this as well.
You could PM with your insight if you care to.

Tana

I'm more educating myself than actually thinking about it since my opinion's already been set. But thanks! ;)
Oh, we don't need to have a debate, if your mind is settled (though, I never fully settle mine to be honest)...but I'd still love to hear it. I won't respond to it if you don't want me to. But still.

Tana

@Auri Just in case that came out as if you "have to", and you don't feel like it, or whatever else; It's not a must, and I'll understand if you keep it to yourself. just, yeah, would love to hear it. It's all. *hug

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Auri Just in case that came out as if you "have to", and you don't feel like it, or whatever else; It's not a must, and I'll understand if you keep it to yourself. just, yeah, would love to hear it. It's all. *hug
I thought you meant if I needed to let my thoughts out, then I could PM you. If you're interested, sure, I'll write to you. ;)
I'm very good at starting debates, which is why I am being very cautious here because I absolutely don't want to (I did in the past, it never ended well, to say the least). *huh

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Hehe. Kitty teased my classmates by being the first one to sing her happy birthday cause she doesn't like being the centre of the attention then caught my other one red handed "what, you knew vodka but don't know alcohol?" Its been a fun hectic day. :D ^^~

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
Oh, we don't need to have a debate, if your mind is settled (though, I never fully settle mine to be honest)...but I'd still love to hear it. I won't respond to it if you don't want me to. But still.
The fact that your opinions on these topics aren't set in stone is a very good thing. There will always be new information to learn and absorb. So I think it's important to keep our minds open. It's okay to have an opinion that you believe in, of course, but the fact that you are also willing to change that opinion if there was ever any scientific proof to the contrary is admirable. I'm the same way.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
The fact that your opinions on these topics aren't set in stone is a very good thing. There will always be new information to learn and absorb. So I think it's important to keep our minds open. It's okay to have an opinion that you believe in, of course, but the fact that you are also willing to change that opinion if there was ever any scientific proof to the contrary is admirable. I'm the same way.
Exactly, me too. If I ever say something like "my opinion is already set", it only means that I've heard "all" arguments and I highly doubt anyone can change my mind, but ultimately if someone has something new to say, please I want to hear it. :)

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm thinking about how SF changed some ridiculous things in me. I have never ever sent a ♡ to anyone in my life, yet I keep doing that here. Apart from childhood, I've never said to anyone that I loved them (yes, I'm not a good gf, told ya). I didn't hug people unless I was drunk. What did you do to me, SF? Where is my cynical self? *blue lol

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I'm thinking about how SF changed some ridiculous things in me. I have never ever sent a ♡ to anyone in my life, yet I keep doing that here. Apart from childhood, I've never said to anyone that I loved them (yes, I'm not a good gf, told ya). I didn't hug people unless I was drunk. What did you do to me, SF? Where is my cynical self? *blue lol
When I used to go to NA meetings, random people would always try to hug me and made me want to punch them. Can't say that's changed much, but I'd definitely hug some of you guys. 😃

Tana

This was too real. xD
And relatable. Check "online vs irl" thread.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00