People <-- I'm with stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I have officially had enough and my fluffy, rose-tinted feelings about humanity are finally completely gone. People, ALL people, are messy, stupid, arrogant, self-obsessed, narcissistic, reckless, barely functional cretins bumbling through life by bumping off of each other and whatever other surface they are too dumb to avoid (which is all of them) and the only way we have made any progress from the poo flinging stage is by the virtue of there being enough of us bumbling around that one of our vast number will occasionally do something smart by accident. We are each brought to sentience by whichever bumbling idiot forgot to use protection this week with the wise and considered method of throwing ideas at a lump of screaming flesh and seeing what sticks by trial and error, and we only barely manage to elevate ourselves from this most undignified and ridiculous of beginnings throughout our entire lives.

I am no exception to this mass of morons, just to get myself to do what I already want to do I have to employ psychology (noun, the vague generalising guesswork of 1 group of idiots trying to predict the workings of a 2nd group of idiots), musical cues, alternating schedules, numerous digital alarms and hollow self-ultimatums, and that’s just to convince myself to make myself food! People are a broken mess of biological, chemical and electrical reactions which just about barely ape something approaching sapience, and I am so bloody tired of dealing with the lot of them, myself included. I am genuinely becoming disgusted at how predictable and strangely inescapable my own dysfunctional thought and behaviour patterns are, and they are still more ordered than many of those around me because most people aren’t even aware of how shit they are and end up acting on whatever impulse jumps into their mushy brains rather than making any attempt to coax and beg their minds into something which may one day be worthy of aspiring to becoming “intelligence”.

Everything and everyone around me is so damned predictable, so damned moronic and yet entirely unalterable (myself included) and its like no one can even see it! Its MADDENING! I had an argument today with a guy who tried to make the point that though he agreed my boss was being unreasonable, him being unreasonable was reasonable because he… nope, I'm gonna stop that right there, there is no "because" worth a damn in this case because being unreasonable is by definition NOT being reasonable, it is a contradiction to be reasonably unreasonable! Though what should I expect from an IT guy who tried to WASH a motherboard! and you know the worst part? He is, on the whole, above average as a member of the macroscopic virus called the human race.

Last edited by a moderator:

Legate Lanius

That was a good read. Well, almost all of our coding is just survive and reproduce stuff. We don't really have that much hardware to work with when it comes to logic, decision making and all that shit. Even if everyone was hyper-intelligent, we'd still have to base our thinking and action on some fairy-tale or another. You might want to check if your expectations for yourself and others are reasonable, taking into account your obvious knowledge of how pathetic our mental faculties are.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Im not kidding about this stuff, I feel like Im on the edge of raging out at everyone around me in a feeling which is slowly growing towards genuine hatred. Its just making me so angry, I just want to grab people by the throat and scream in their faces "Stop being so SHIT!" I haven't interacted with a single person since I left work 5 hours ago and I'm still angry.

I'm turning into a textbook misanthrope, which, guess what, makes me angry at myself.

Legate Lanius

Im not kidding about this stuff, I feel like Im on the edge of raging out at everyone around me in a feeling which is slowly growing towards genuine hatred. Its just making me so angry, I just want to grab people by the throat and scream in their faces "Stop being so SHIT!" I haven't interacted with a single person since I left work 5 hours ago and I'm still angry.

I'm turning into a textbook misanthrope, which, guess what, makes me angry at myself.
I had a more extreme version of that a good number of times a year ago or something (not good with time). It's driven by a highly strung, anxious or high-stress state. Have you tried making relaxation the biggest priority for a couple of hours? Relaxing music, tea, your favorite entertainment/yoga/meditation, etc.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited

But what you should be asking yourself is, why do these human frailties and imperfections punch all of your buttons. Were you personally assured that humans were originally supposed to be perfect, and that somehow, they suddenly, unexpectedly, aren't?

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Never underestimate both the power and prevalence of the Dunning–Kruger effect.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I suppose this is the part where I'm supposed to say something good about humans...

Well...they did make two very important discoveries.

1. Drugs are great for numbing negative emotions.
2. Cheese and bacon taste amazing. Especially together.

Got to give them some credit for that, at least.

BarryW

SF Supporter
If you get angry at every idiot you will be angry 24/7. Maybe that already happened. Have you tried consoling yourself with the thought that, based on your observations/views, the human virus will possibly wipe itself out or be wiped out one day? Sometimes that works for me. If that's too much of a stretch, you can think about how everyone that you've ever met will be dead one day - guaranteed.

I am genuinely becoming disgusted at how predictable and strangely inescapable my own dysfunctional thought and behaviour patterns are
What do you mean by your behavior patterns are inescapable? What have you tried to change?

guy who tried to WASH a motherboard!
I would watch a video series about this, similar to the one about putting an iphone in a blender.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I had a more extreme version of that a good number of times a year ago or something (not good with time). It's driven by a highly strung, anxious or high-stress state. Have you tried making relaxation the biggest priority for a couple of hours? Relaxing music, tea, your favourite entertainment/yoga/meditation, etc.
I long ago lost the ability to relax, I have tried relaxing recently but it didnt do much, all that happened was time passed. I tried asking for time off from work (I still have weeks of holiday left), but my boss "did me a favour" by refusing so I wouldnt end up spending my time sitting on my arse home alone and bored and instead could keep busy, and he is dumb enough to even believe this bullshit he spouted.

But what you should be asking yourself is, why do these human frailties and imperfections punch all of your buttons. Were you personally assured that humans were originally supposed to be perfect, and that somehow, they suddenly, unexpectedly, aren't?
It pushes my buttons because, directly or indirectly, I often end up suffering from the aftermath of their stupidity, idiots blocking traffic, idiots winning arguments with me by virtue of being too stupid to realise they lost the argument 10 minutes ago, idiots asking the impossible and getting annoyed when I cant pull it out of my arse, idiots showing strong hypocritical bias putting the fault of all situations onto me, me having to hear the same timewasting jokes every day over and over from idiots who get annoyed/upset if the 100th time I have to hear said joke, which wasn't funny the FIRST time, doesn't fill me with mirth, idiots in foreign countries electing and supporting someone SO FUCKING BLATANTLY STUPID I wouldn't trust him with a SPONGE who then goes and dissolves every green initiative his country funds, idiots "improving" the healthcare system of my country by privatising large sections of it making it so damned useless I have yet to even get decent painkillers for the sometimes CRIPPLING pain in my side after 18 fucking MONTHS, idiots "improving" software I use regularly by doubling the price, halving the functionality and filling it with glitches, just so they can dumb down the interface so it can be used by even dumber idiots who couldn't understand the earlier version of the software, idiots stabbing each other and throwing acid in each other's faces and so on and so forth so that any decently useful chemical or tool is illegal to carry/own, idiots buying 2 years worth of toilet paper for a 2 month lockdown so that no one else has any then trying to return it after lockdown ends, then doing it all over again for the next lockdown, idiots too fucking thick to STOP HAVING 30+ FRIENDS OVER DURING A PANDEMIC THAT HAS KILLED 0.02% OF MANKIND!!!! And I'm going to stop now because this list simply never ends, there are 7 billion fuck-ups out there screwing up the planet and society I have to live in, and even when I'm alone I don't get a break from it because I am one of those idiots, so stupid that I know exactly what I want to do at any given time, and have the ability to do it but my brain is so damned shit I cant convince myself to get started.

Legate Lanius

I long ago lost the ability to relax, I have tried relaxing recently but it didnt do much, all that happened was time passed. I tried asking for time off from work (I still have weeks of holiday left), but my boss "did me a favour" by refusing so I wouldnt end up spending my time sitting on my arse home alone and bored and instead could keep busy, and he is dumb enough to even believe this bullshit he spouted.

It pushes my buttons because, directly or indirectly, I often end up suffering from the aftermath of their stupidity, idiots blocking traffic, idiots winning arguments with me by virtue of being too stupid to realise they lost the argument 10 minutes ago, idiots asking the impossible and getting annoyed when I cant pull it out of my arse, idiots showing strong hypocritical bias putting the fault of all situations onto me, me having to hear the same timewasting jokes every day over and over from idiots who get annoyed/upset if the 100th time I have to hear said joke, which wasn't funny the FIRST time, doesn't fill me with mirth, idiots in foreign countries electing and supporting someone SO FUCKING BLATANTLY STUPID I wouldn't trust him with a SPONGE who then goes and dissolves every green initiative his country funds, idiots "improving" the healthcare system of my country by privatising large sections of it making it so damned useless I have yet to even get decent painkillers for the sometimes CRIPPLING pain in my side after 18 fucking MONTHS, idiots "improving" software I use regularly by doubling the price, halving the functionality and filling it with glitches, just so they can dumb down the interface so it can be used by even dumber idiots who couldn't understand the earlier version of the software, idiots stabbing each other and throwing acid in each other's faces and so on and so forth so that any decently useful chemical or tool is illegal to carry/own, idiots buying 2 years worth of toilet paper for a 2 month lockdown so that no one else has any then trying to return it after lockdown ends, then doing it all over again for the next lockdown, idiots too fucking thick to STOP HAVING 30+ FRIENDS OVER DURING A PANDEMIC THAT HAS KILLED 0.02% OF MANKIND!!!! And I'm going to stop now because this list simply never ends, there are 7 billion fuck-ups out there screwing up the planet and society I have to live in, and even when I'm alone I don't get a break from it because I am one of those idiots, so stupid that I know exactly what I want to do at any given time, and have the ability to do it but my brain is so damned shit I cant convince myself to get started.
High interval training? Burn a thousand calories and you won't have the energy to care about that stuff, that is completely out of your control. Have some Epictetus:

I know you have the ability to control your mind, and I believe you know that, too. There has to be a moment where you remember that you weren't going to put up with feeling anxious, annoyed, jealous or angry; and decided to overpower your mind. Why don't you feel like that's the way to go, why do you make yourself suffer? Do you think it will help? Do you think you deserve it?

This is the exact advice that I give myself to remove anxiety from comparing myself with others and paranoia about becoming homeless. I hope it helps, otherwise reply and I'll just post more.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited

You're focussed exclusively on other people. What they're thinking. What they're feeling. What they're doing.

I'll try to break it down to the most intellectual level I can.:

Who the mothuh fuckin shit gives a living fuckin blip what other people think?

Damn, that one was painful.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
What do you mean by your behavior patterns are inescapable? What have you tried to change?
1) I tried to change my anger.
- I punched walls as both negative reenforcement and outlet when angry to decrease my anger responce
- I took time to genuinely get to know and understand that everyone around me is essentially like me, so I cant be angry at them without having to be angry at myself
- I used underlying laziness to train myself to give up on grudges by virtue of simply not having to carry the grudge anymore
- When learning to drive I intentionally stuck with a driving instructor who could make Ghandi pinch him in the dick out of rage so I could practice staying cool under pressure whilst driving (staying cool under pressure generally)
and look how that worked out for me.

2) I tried to learn social skills (which were pretty much not existent due to aspergers)
- I took time to genuinely observe other people's reactions and body language
- I learned patterns of behavior in others so I could understand how they normally react in different situations
- I relentlessly practiced conversations so I could understand their flow and structure
- I taught myself to think on my feet during a conversation so I could avoid awkward pauses when we ran out of topics
- I endlessly aped normal behavior until it became so second nature that these forced learned reactions are now my natural facial and body language
- I dived into any social situation I wasnt comfortable with yet to build up experience
Now I am considered weird and awkward and known for my poor social skills, exactly as before.

3) I want to scrape the rust off my cooking skills and get into cooking proper meals again
- I changed my daily routine so I would cook as soon as I got home, when I still had the momentum I keep up during work
- I worked out multiple base dishes I can practice with and experiment with to get a better understanding of cooking
- I bought seasonings and ingredients for simple meals and salads
- I told everyone my intentions so I couldnt back out
I just had dinner, it was a Pizza I ordered from Papa Johns, the 3rd time this week.

4) I want to avoid depression
- I made multiple playlists on spotify, each one specifically tailored to foster specific moods so I could use them to recover from any rutt I get into
- I came up with dozens of different ways to monitor my mental wellbeing so I could be aware of any issues as they develop
- I developed my own version of CBT before I even know CBT was a thing using the concept of neuroplasticity as a starting point
- I made an effort to go out with friends more and be more social, to stay out of my head
Now I am a regular member of Suicide Forum and spend my evenings miserable and alone

You're beginning to see a pattern right? I put in the work to fix myself and nothing changes.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
You're focussed exclusively on other people. What they're thinking. What they're feeling. What they're doing.

I'll try to break it down to the most intellectual level I can.:

Who the mothuh fuckin shit gives a living fuckin blip what other people think?

Damn, that one was painful.
None of the post you quoted hinted that I was caring what other people think or feel, or do beyond their directly making my life difficult.

- idiots blocking traffic
This is annoying because it means I have to be wary or some idiot will cause a crash

- idiots winning arguments with me by virtue of being too stupid to realise they lost the argument 10 minutes ago
This is bad because its usually people who then expect and try to force me to adhere to their way of doing things, which is just another obstacle to doing what I want to do.

- idiots asking the impossible and getting annoyed when I cant pull it out of my arse
This is important because its my job and if they get annoyed enough they can send an official complaint to my boss and that affects if I keep my job

- idiots showing strong hypocritical bias putting the fault of all situations onto me
This means that no one will ever stop doing anything that affects me negatively but endlessly nag me to change if something I do is negatively affecting them

- me having to hear the same timewasting jokes every day over and over from idiots who get annoyed/upset if the 100th time I have to hear said joke, which wasn't funny the FIRST time, doesn't fill me with mirth
This makes it harder to deal with coworkers who's idea of a joke is to not let me into the office when I arrive at work EVERY DAY

- idiots in foreign countries electing and supporting someone SO FUCKING BLATANTLY STUPID I wouldn't trust him with a SPONGE who then goes and dissolves every green initiative his country funds
This kills the planet, and I live there.

- idiots "improving" the healthcare system of my country by privatising large sections of it making it so damned useless I have yet to even get decent painkillers for the sometimes CRIPPLING pain in my side after 18 fucking MONTHS
This causes me physical pain

I could go on, but i think I proved the point that none of this is me caring about what the mouth-breathers think, I just want them to stop screwing up my life.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
If someone punches you in the gut, it isnt considered you caring about their thoughts and opinions if you find being punched in the gut to be unpleasant. it WOULD be considered caring about their thoughts and feelings if you were hurt by the fact that they hated you enough to punch you.

I am not concerned for the idiots, I am not lying awake at night worrying that the idiot who drives at 100mph in the slow lane might hurt themselves when they crash, no, I am angry as hell that that idiot was driving 100mph BEHIND ME on the motorway on my way home from work and almost crashed into me, which would have caused pain, and financial ruin and potentially death to ME.

Being angry at idiots for their fuck-ups hurting me isnt me caring about them.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
None of the post you quoted hinted that I was caring what other people think or feel, or do beyond their directly making my life difficult.

- idiots blocking traffic
This is annoying because it means I have to be wary or some idiot will cause a crash

- idiots winning arguments with me by virtue of being too stupid to realise they lost the argument 10 minutes ago
This is bad because its usually people who then expect and try to force me to adhere to their way of doing things, which is just another obstacle to doing what I want to do.

- idiots asking the impossible and getting annoyed when I cant pull it out of my arse
This is important because its my job and if they get annoyed enough they can send an official complaint to my boss and that affects if I keep my job

- idiots showing strong hypocritical bias putting the fault of all situations onto me
This means that no one will ever stop doing anything that affects me negatively but endlessly nag me to change if something I do is negatively affecting them

- me having to hear the same timewasting jokes every day over and over from idiots who get annoyed/upset if the 100th time I have to hear said joke, which wasn't funny the FIRST time, doesn't fill me with mirth
This makes it harder to deal with coworkers who's idea of a joke is to not let me into the office when I arrive at work EVERY DAY

- idiots in foreign countries electing and supporting someone SO FUCKING BLATANTLY STUPID I wouldn't trust him with a SPONGE who then goes and dissolves every green initiative his country funds
This kills the planet, and I live there.

- idiots "improving" the healthcare system of my country by privatising large sections of it making it so damned useless I have yet to even get decent painkillers for the sometimes CRIPPLING pain in my side after 18 fucking MONTHS
This causes me physical pain

I could go on, but i think I proved the point that none of this is me caring about what the mouth-breathers think, I just want them to stop screwing up my life.
Idiots (not you) running amok.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
If you want an example of me caring, it would be how I am self-conscious about my hair because I was bullied about it when I was younger (bed-head is how my hair looks naturally), how I hate to look bad in front of my little sister because her high opinion of me is a massive source of strength to me, or how I worry about her because her husband is seriously ill, or how I get self conscious learning a new skill because I find it embarrassing doing a task I suck at in front of people even if I only suck because I never did it before, none of these are to do with my anger and hatred at how crap people are.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
If someone punches you in the gut, it isnt considered you caring about their thoughts and opinions if you find being punched in the gut to be unpleasant. it WOULD be considered caring about their thoughts and feelings if you were hurt by the fact that they hated you enough to punch you.

I am not concerned for the idiots, I am not lying awake at night worrying that the idiot who drives at 100mph in the slow lane might hurt themselves when they crash, no, I am angry as hell that that idiot was driving 100mph BEHIND ME on the motorway on my way home from work and almost crashed into me, which would have caused pain, and financial ruin and potentially death to ME.

Being angry at idiots for their fuck-ups hurting me isnt me caring about them.
Do you see any real, basic, fundamental differences between you and that person driving behind you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00