• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Physical pain severity scale

frostheaved

4th year college student
I'm 3 most days, bad days a 4. I had a kick scooter accident in high school that left me with a persistently unstable knee. (Back then my parents didn't consider it a bad enough injury to go to the doctor's.) Pain varies but usually it's a pretty tolerable dull ache.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm 3 most days, bad days a 4. I had a kick scooter accident in high school that left me with a persistently unstable knee. (Back then my parents didn't consider it a bad enough injury to go to the doctor's.) Pain varies but usually it's a pretty tolerable dull ache.
have you seen a doctor about it after high school to see if they could do something?
 

frostheaved

4th year college student
have you seen a doctor about it after high school to see if they could do something?
I feel like I have said something about it to my GP, but since nothing was done and it's been a couple years, it's either that she dismissed the concern or I forgot to tell her when I was thinking to tell her. *confused
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I feel like I have said something about it to my GP, but since nothing was done and it's been a couple years, it's either that she dismissed the concern or I forgot to tell her when I was thinking to tell her. *confused
then on your next appointment be sure to tell her about it and tell her the pain is bothersome. with an old injury it's harder to repair sometimes but if you don't insist on them checking it out it can't get better, and the longer you wait the harder it is to fix. I hope they can find a way to fix it so the pain can stop. mike *hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
my pain has been very high since Monday night. I have been living between 7 and 9 with brief times lower or brief times hitting 10 that's why I haven't been around a lot this week . because the pain brought other physical problems and a lot of serious bad thoughts. so I figured I wouldn't be much good here. but I got my pain level all the way to a 1 for a couple of hours last night ( don't ask how, I was desperate lol) today i'm finally starting to do better i'm between 6 and 7 so maybe it's over lol mike
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
I feel like shite today 💩
Somewhere between a 5 and 6, everything aches. I've just had a phonecall from the doctor and he said my test came back positive for an infection and is sending some antibiotics round. Hopefully they kick in soon.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I feel like shite today 💩
Somewhere between a 5 and 6, everything aches. I've just had a phonecall from the doctor and he said my test came back positive for an infection and is sending some antibiotics round. Hopefully they kick in soon.
i'm sorry that you feel so poorly. I hope that the antibiotics start working soon. mike *console*hug
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top