• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Physical pain severity scale

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
pain is finally coming back down. pain level was between 8 and 9 when I got home from the car show ( I can't take too many pain meds because i'm driving ) . as soon as I got home I started aggressively treating the pain now I'm down to a 5 and soon i'm going to take my special med and it should go down to a 3 or 4. my pain is always bad at car shows but 'll keep going as long as I can, I think i'm one of those people that's into pain lol. mike
 

BlueGreen

Well-Known Member
pain is finally coming back down. pain level was between 8 and 9 when I got home from the car show ( I can't take too many pain meds because i'm driving ) . as soon as I got home I started aggressively treating the pain now I'm down to a 5 and soon i'm going to take my special med and it should go down to a 3 or 4. my pain is always bad at car shows but 'll keep going as long as I can, I think i'm one of those people that's into pain lol. mike
Wow, that's dedication, Mike! Glad you are able to manage it. Hope you enjoyed the car show!
 

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've been downplaying my pain, because in my head others have it worse. It's been bad the last couple of weeks. The last few days it's fluctuated between a 6-8. To the point if I had insurance I would have gone to see a doctor, which I rarely do because it's not like we don't know what is wrong with me. Sometimes I really really really really miss my narcotics.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I've been downplaying my pain, because in my head others have it worse. It's been bad the last couple of weeks. The last few days it's fluctuated between a 6-8. To the point if I had insurance I would have gone to see a doctor, which I rarely do because it's not like we don't know what is wrong with me. Sometimes I really really really really miss my narcotics.
i'm really sorry to hear that nick. I am just getting over almost a 2 week period of high pain so I know how you feel. and we don't compare whos pain is worse, all pain is valid. just curious can you get your opioids back to help you? I know I couldn't live without mine. please take care of yourself and do anything you can to lower the pain. I do understand so feel free to message me anytime you need to talk. mike *console*hug
 

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
@Nick Sorry you are in so much pain. And can't get med and no insurance. That combination is absolutely criminal. As to comparing pain....there is no comparison. So don't even try. When you are in pain, your pain is the most important and that is nothing to be ashamed of.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top