post your major complaint here

MisterBGone

✅ Dancer
SF Supporter
I wanna go to a psychiatrist but I'm just socially anxious of going to the hospital and finding people I know there.
You can do it!
Think of it this way...
Every one who "knows," someone / or 'finds,' someone that they know THERE - >
& visits psychiatry--or even psychology...
Well, they'll all be in:
The Exact-Same Boat, as You (are now in).
-if you do happen to find yourself in that situation.

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
My professor recently posted a reminder of the expectations for the journal of the class discussion we are turning in on Monday. Part of what he mentioned sounded like a lot more than what he had said comprised the assignment when we started the semester. At least three of us in our class of about seven students expressed to him at our class meeting today that we had not understood that to be part of the assignment throughout the semester. But the professor just got defensive and annoyed. I'm going to have to go back and do all this extra work for this assignment that was never supposed to be a big deal.
I wonder if there's something going on with him right now. He seems like he has been in a bad mood or something lately. He was starting to get really mad about attendance lately too. He's usually pretty easygoing and one of my favorite professors. :(

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
My particular cocktail of childhood traumas, personal insecurities and autistic tendencies turns a simple haircut into one of the most stressful things I can do in a normal day. I get a haircut as rarely as I can get away with, and it is never a pleasant experience. I tried writing a list of all the different mechanisms which work together to make this stressful, but it was turning into an essay so just know I had a haircut recently and it has shaken my self confidence for the past 2 days, and will likely continue to shake my confidence for the next few days or weeks.

I know how ridiculous this reaction of mine is, which only adds 1 more stressor to the entire thing: frustration at how stupid it is and how powerless I am to it anyway. Why cant I just get a bloody haircut like a normal person??

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
It is not allowed in my country to change your last name to your spouse's. I really wanted to change mine, which sounds foreign and always has to be spelled out. My parents have always motivated me to marry for only that reason (because I wasn't particularly a fan of marriage otherwise and they are rather conservative :p). I'm now very disappointed. ^^

Last edited:

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
It is not allowed in my country to change your last name to your spouse's. I really wanted to change mine, which sounds foreign and always has to be spelled out. My parents have always motivated me to marry for only that reason (because I wasn't particularly a fan of the idea otherwise and they are rather conservative :p). I'm now very disappointed. ^^
Sorry that has come about. Does your country allow an individual to legally change their name at all?

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
My particular cocktail of childhood traumas, personal insecurities and autistic tendencies turns a simple haircut into one of the most stressful things I can do in a normal day. I get a haircut as rarely as I can get away with, and it is never a pleasant experience. I tried writing a list of all the different mechanisms which work together to make this stressful, but it was turning into an essay so just know I had a haircut recently and it has shaken my self confidence for the past 2 days, and will likely continue to shake my confidence for the next few days or weeks.

I know how ridiculous this reaction of mine is, which only adds 1 more stressor to the entire thing: frustration at how stupid it is and how powerless I am to it anyway. Why cant I just get a bloody haircut like a normal person??
Still unhappy

LumberJack

I put on women’s clothing, and hang around in bars
I can relate. I put off my haircut until I can’t take it anymore with the hair falling down over my ears. My reason is childhood trauma as well, but it’s a side effect of ADHD making me so that keeping my head still takes all of my effort and I can only do it for minutes at a time.

My mom used to cut my and my siblings’ hair at home because we were poor. I always would catch hell for fidgeting. Now going to the barber brings back that fear of not being able to hold my head still when the clippers are out. So you’re not alone. Probably lots of us out there.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I can relate. I put off my haircut until I can’t take it anymore with the hair falling down over my ears. My reason is childhood trauma as well, but it’s a side effect of ADHD making me so that keeping my head still takes all of my effort and I can only do it for minutes at a time.

My mom used to cut my and my siblings’ hair at home because we were poor. I always would catch hell for fidgeting. Now going to the barber brings back that fear of not being able to hold my head still when the clippers are out. So you’re not alone. Probably lots of us out there.
My mum cut my hair also, and it was always horrible. Bullying at school focused on a few key items and my shitty hair was one. I developed some serious insecurities about it. That and I like to control how I stand out, and a haircut is not within my control. I like a relatively conservative appearance with carefully chosen areas of extreme individuality, depending on my confidence that day.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00