Where do people live that there are all these classes and groups to join, and events to go to?
I’m in one of the biggest cities in the world, and I just cannot find them.
What are these “community centers” with lists of places to go and stuff to do? My ”community“ does not seem to have one.
Where do people go, aside from work and home? They certainly don’t hang out at coffee shops or bars anymore.
Why do people never clean up their out of date webpages? I find pages for groups or events that are up to 10 years out of date, is server space that cheap?
Why are there 10,000 groups devoted to hiking walking or running? This is the only thing I can ever find, and the thought of walking with a group is laughable, much less running or hiking.
Why does every list of what to do when lonely start with “call a loved one.” Why does every bunch of suggestions for meeting people start with telling you to expand your social circle by meeting people through friends and loved ones? Is it really that uncommon, that inconceivable, that someone might not know anyone to start with?
I’m currently on (about) day 3,000 since I had someone to share a conversation, or eat a meal, or watch a movie with. Every time I get my hopes up, every time I think “maybe this time, maybe this’ll work” I just end up feeling worse than I did before.