• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Post your random thought here!

Not enough people say that it's okay to give up. That it's okay to just say "I can't do it". No one says it's okay to stop trying. If trying hurts, why keep doing it? Just do what you know, and never be in pain again.
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Not enough people say that it's okay to give up. That it's okay to just say "I can't do it". No one says it's okay to stop trying. If trying hurts, why keep doing it? Just do what you know, and never be in pain again.
Except there is no limit to the pain you can feel, and lack of trying only makes things worse and causes more. You may be miserable now, but trying can keep you from sinking to new as yet unimagined depths of misery.

Even if you manage to forget about life for a little while, it doesn’t forget about you. It’s getting worse, your problems are getting bigger, and it will come to collect eventually. The longer you’ve avoided it, the worse it’ll be for you.

Life sucks, sorry.

But if you keep trying, maybe eventually you’ll get to a better place. Maybe there’ll be some small reward for your efforts. Maybe not, but what else is there to do with your time on earth?
 
Except there is no limit to the pain you can feel, and lack of trying only makes things worse and causes more. You may be miserable now, but trying can keep you from sinking to new as yet unimagined depths of misery.

Even if you manage to forget about life for a little while, it doesn’t forget about you. It’s getting worse, your problems are getting bigger, and it will come to collect eventually. The longer you’ve avoided it, the worse it’ll be for you.

Life sucks, sorry.

But if you keep trying, maybe eventually you’ll get to a better place. Maybe there’ll be some small reward for your efforts. Maybe not, but what else is there to do with your time on earth?
In practice it's been the complete opposite for me. Once I told myself "stop trying" for certain things, things got better. Also while super fucking depressed I do still have weed, gacha pulls, caffeine, and any other addictive thing you can think of. Getting better is subjective, and I've worn out all the "healthy" solutions. If they worked, I wouldn't be depressed anymore.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Not enough people say that it's okay to give up. That it's okay to just say "I can't do it". No one says it's okay to stop trying. If trying hurts, why keep doing it? Just do what you know, and never be in pain again.
giving up is sometimes necessary just as a way to recharge, but only for a bit. if we give up completely then there is no hope at all. it took a few years before i had any real hope, i had to fight to get back up every time i failed. i still fall down some times but i know i can still have some joy ahead no matter what. i hope you can find a way to keep fighting and someday have hope

mike....*hug*console*shake
 

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Bird flu is a big deal in the USA. Egg prices are soaring and millions of egg laying birds are being killed because of it. Well, how about the birds raised for us to eat. Are they getting it too? If not, why not? Why is it safe to eat those, while we slaughter all the egg layers?
 

TragicReality

I wish I could turn back time
SF Supporter
neighbors just banged on my door when i'm in bed relaxing. Trying to accuse my son of taking ''furniture'', saying they saw him on a bike and he doesn't have a bike anymore. When will this baloney end, they catch a slim thing that my son was too loud around here a while back, and then want to blame something ridiculous.. he wouldn't be able to do anything with ''furniture'' and there is none in the building. I'm not a bad neighbor, he cant get in here. uggghhh I'm getting so frustrated. Called my landlord and left a message. It seems like they want to cause issues to have me evicted.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
neighbors just banged on my door when i'm in bed relaxing. Trying to accuse my son of taking ''furniture'', saying they saw him on a bike and he doesn't have a bike anymore. When will this baloney end, they catch a slim thing that my son was too loud around here a while back, and then want to blame something ridiculous.. he wouldn't be able to do anything with ''furniture'' and there is none in the building. I'm not a bad neighbor, he cant get in here. uggghhh I'm getting so frustrated. Called my landlord and left a message. It seems like they want to cause issues to have me evicted.
*hug*shake
 
giving up is sometimes necessary just as a way to recharge, but only for a bit. if we give up completely then there is no hope at all. it took a few years before i had any real hope, i had to fight to get back up every time i failed. i still fall down some times but i know i can still have some joy ahead no matter what. i hope you can find a way to keep fighting and someday have hope

mike....*hug*console*shake
I see what you mean, but why keep touching the fire if it will continue to burn you?
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
In practice it's been the complete opposite for me. Once I told myself "stop trying" for certain things, things got better… Getting better is subjective, and I've worn out all the "healthy" solutions. If they worked, I wouldn't be depressed anymore.
You’re young enough that you cannot possibly have worn out all the healthy solutions. They take many years or even sometimes decades to work properly. You’re frustrated with the lack of progress, but it feels like you’re expecting the progress to happen way more quickly than it actually does.

I don’t know where you got the idea that “healthy” means “quick and easy” but it doesn’t.

Also while super fucking depressed I do still have weed, gacha pulls, caffeine, and any other addictive thing you can think of.
Try heroin too! I’m sure that’ll improve your quality of life.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I see what you mean, but why keep touching the fire if it will continue to burn you?
you keep touching the fire even if it may burn you because if you keep fighting there is a good posibility that you may cross that wall of fire eventually. and it's normal to fall as long as you eventually get up again.

mike....*hug*shake
 
You’re young enough that you cannot possibly have worn out all the healthy solutions. They take many years or even sometimes decades to work properly. You’re frustrated with the lack of progress, but it feels like you’re expecting the progress to happen way more quickly than it actually does.

I don’t know where you got the idea that “healthy” means “quick and easy” but it doesn’t.
I'm 24 so I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm "young enough" to have solutions.
Try heroin too! I’m sure that’ll improve your quality of life.
Understood. Will do.
That last bit was sarcasm, by the way.
Nope. Too late. I'm already gonna look up the states where it's legal and figure out a way to get some. Thanks for the suggestion.

you keep touching the fire even if it may burn you because if you keep fighting there is a good posibility that you may cross that wall of fire eventually. and it's normal to fall as long as you eventually get up again.

mike....*hug*shake
I think you're misunderstanding my analogy. I mean, why try and suffer when you can stop and not suffer?
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
I'm 24 so I'm not sure where you got the idea that I'm "young enough" to have solutions.
Yeah, 24 is incredibly young. I get that it doesn’t feel that way because you’re the oldest you’ve ever been, but it really really is.

Nope. Too late. I'm already gonna look up the states where it's legal and figure out a way to get some. Thanks for the suggestion.
There’s a shady looking guy who hangs around the gas station doing nothing in particular. Try talking to him, he’ll point you in the right direction.
 
Yeah, 24 is incredibly young. I get that it doesn’t feel that way because you’re the oldest you’ve ever been, but it really really is.



There’s a shady looking guy who hangs around the gas station doing nothing in particular. Try talking to him, he’ll point you in the right direction.
Okay, I'm gonna be blunt. It's clear you don't like me, so why do you even continue to interact with me? I've been doing my best to keep a "don't speak unless spoken to" basis with you yet you still insist on "helping" me. I don't mean to be mean but why even try? You know I'm not gonna listen to you and go against everything you say intentionally out of pure spite so why even try? And a second, better question, why doesn't this site have a proper block button?
 

Gonz

₲‹›Ŋʑ
Click my name, then click ignore.

It’s not my fault that trying to help you means telling you things you don’t want to hear.

If ignoring advice out of spite because you don’t like the source is one of your strategies, that’s probably part of why you’re so miserable.
 
Click my name, then click ignore.

It’s not my fault that trying to help you means telling you things you don’t want to hear.

If ignoring advice out of spite because you don’t like the source is one of your strategies, that’s probably part of why you’re so miserable.
You literally called me an abuser.
 

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hi guys. For everyone's wellbeing, I'll need to put a stop to this conversation. I also suggest the "ignore" button for both of you. If required feel free to send an LTA, but any further messages here will be deleted. Take good care.
 
i wish i could buy a robot friend to keep me company while im struggling to focus on studying.. i dont wanna feel like anyone is being forced to stay, everyone leaves but a bought robot wouldnt have a choice ig so i would always have someone to talk to without fearing im a burden all the time
 
i wish i could buy a robot friend to keep me company while im struggling to focus on studying.. i dont wanna feel like anyone is being forced to stay, everyone leaves but a bought robot wouldnt have a choice ig so i would always have someone to talk to without fearing im a burden all the time
Have you considered AI chat sites/programs?
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top