• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Post your random thought here!

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
I borrowed that imagery from a Miyazaki film called Spirited Away, where a River Spirit comes to bathe and when one old fish-hook is pulled from him, there's a massive expulsion of crap. After that, he is clean, he flies away.

I would like to hear your thought LumberJack.

always hugs
I love, love, love Studio Ghibli! Spirited Away is my second favorite of theirs, just slightly behind Howl’s Moving Castle (which, strangely my autocomplete suggested on the first suggestion).

Plus, the animation is all done by hand AFAIK. I remember reading a translation of an interview with Hiyazaki where he discussed why the studio doesn’t use CGI. His commitment to the art is so ahead of our time that his work will be as important to future generations as Michaelangelo’s is to ours. Spirited Away is the modern version of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel! But that’s just, like, my opinion. 😉
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I love, love, love Studio Ghibli! Spirited Away is my second favorite of theirs, just slightly behind Howl’s Moving Castle (which, strangely my autocomplete suggested on the first suggestion).

Plus, the animation is all done by hand AFAIK. I remember reading a translation of an interview with Hiyazaki where he discussed why the studio doesn’t use CGI. His commitment to the art is so ahead of our time that his work will be as important to future generations as Michaelangelo’s is to ours. Spirited Away is the modern version of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel! But that’s just, like, my opinion. 😉
LumberJack, I couldn't agree more. I don't even know what to say.
 

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
Any sites/movies you'd like to recommend?
I have been finding them on YouTube and Amazon Prime. I have NFLX, but I have not logged on in a while because I have to set aside time to add 7 more shows to my watch list, and watch one. I have to go through my history. Without that, I would probably watch the same 7 films over and over. I practically do that now.
 

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
I would like to hear your thought LumberJack.

always hugs
I have been trying to remember what it was, but it’s not coming back. Maybe it wasn’t too important.

I know that regret is not something that we can work through. We cannot change the past. Even if we could go back in time, we would still be a different person making different decisions, and we would not be able to do that without our current perspective.

I’m trying to work through my own regrets, and I feel totally unqualified. I have acknowledged my mistakes in allowing myself to be harmed, but the fact that the same pattern is still repeating suggests I still haven’t learned what I needed to. I mean, why do I keep getting myself into these situations?

In both our cases, the primary injury is something that someone else did to us. Our mistake was to go into the situation with the tacit assumption that the other party was acting in good faith. So our jobs at this point are to find some way to go forward without isolating ourselves and pushing everyone away, while still watching out for our own interests. I don’t think we can do that without accepting that f*cked up things happen to us without it necessarily being our fault. I don’t know because I am also still hurting.

Sorry. I wish I knew. Both so that I could help myself, and to be able to help others.
 
Last edited:

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
@LumberJack I believe you have helped by sharing those thoughts. Not that you or I are suddenly healthy and content. What I mean is, by clearly stating it, by naming it, some control is granted and with work can be utilised.

In its shock, hurt and sadness a part of my mind thought it could still find some identity and value from the relationship despite its failures. He literally told me he uses Machiavelli's writings when dealing with people. Yet I am, or was still giving the person the benefit of the doubt, which metaphorically speaking is like flying myself headlong into a cliff. I should've seen it, as there were red flags all over the place which I ignored and repeatedly worked to forget for 8 years. I wasn't safe - because he's not a good person nor safe. I've ended up broken and lost.

I want to heal, and I wish I could help you and others to do so as well.

You deserve to be free of the pain.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top