Psychosis Support Thread

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
I was just thinking, because of the video linked above... does anyone else have long conversations (in their head) with the voices?? I do it all the time. Just curious *dance*dance4

Dumas

I have been hearing things in my head lately, it's been years since I have had voices , they are starting to be a problem.

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I have been hearing things in my head lately, it's been years since I have had voices , they are starting to be a problem.
Ey @Dumas - what has helped before with the symptoms you're experiencing recently? Did you have any treatment for it before, years ago?
Psychotic symptoms affected my sleep a lot - It's possible to get in a cycle of insomnia, which then would make the symptoms (voices for example here) worsen also...

What else are you experiencing in life right now, are there any big stress factors?
*shake

Dumas

Ey @Dumas - what has helped before with the symptoms you're experiencing recently? Did you have any treatment for it before, years ago?
Psychotic symptoms affected my sleep a lot - It's possible to get in a cycle of insomnia, which then would make the symptoms (voices for example here) worsen also...

What else are you experiencing in life right now, are there any big stress factors?
*shake
Thank you , I have been taking serequel , and wellbutrin. And I had a therapist, but 5 months ago my boyfriend passed away and I moved to another state , and I am having to move again by the end of the month. Because of my issues and I am having a hard time living with my sister . I'm not sleeping well I should be asleep but my thoughts are racing .I'm afraid what tomorrow will be like , will I trip out again or say the wrong thing to my sister .

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
My grip on reality is very tenuous.

I completely lost it last night and today I am feeling very fragile today. I'm getting so tired of this crap. The same thing, over and over and over. I really cannot do this indefinitely. I am going to ask my psychiatrist for a med review. Clozapine just isn't working for me. That is scary in and of itself. It is the drug of last resort, after all. I am feeling increasingly desperate. And, when I'm in that state, I get dark thoughts.

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
My grip on reality is very tenuous.

I completely lost it last night and today I am feeling very fragile today. I'm getting so tired of this crap. The same thing, over and over and over. I really cannot do this indefinitely. I am going to ask my psychiatrist for a med review. Clozapine just isn't working for me. That is scary in and of itself. It is the drug of last resort, after all. I am feeling increasingly desperate. And, when I'm in that state, I get dark thoughts.
Ey @Pebble mouse

I get the part about the "Clozapine as drug of last resort" *consoleI had many many side effects with that medication and it didn't do much of anything versus my psychosis at the time. And having your blood drawn every few weeks too... *thumbsdown So I had to switch out of it. I'm on Abilify, anti-psychotic (went from 30 mg > 15 mg recently) now, have been for the past 11 years or so, dry mouth as my only side effect and some effect on cognitive functioning.
If the anxiety is too high, you might need like a temporary benzo med too, like Oxazepam? It helps with sleep too *hug

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
Why has this thread died?

Anyway. Is there anyone else here with severe cognitive issues? I cannot concentrate on something for five minutes. I struggle to read many posts here.

I assume this is a common symptom?

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Why has this thread died?
Sometimes threads die off for some reason, but they can pick back up if people become interested in them again.

Anyway. Is there anyone else here with severe cognitive issues? I cannot concentrate on something for five minutes. I struggle to read many posts here.
I have often said I have the attention span of a gnat. I keep post-it notes, checklists, and alarms so I can try to be sure to complete things.

Honestly, if a reply on here is a wall a text it usually isn't for me. There might be something amazing in there to reply to, but my mind isn't up to it most days.

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
I have often said I have the attention span of a gnat.
It's really disabling. I can sit down with someone for an hour, leave and then have no idea what we talked about.

I have a kindle full of books I cannot read. Since my last admission, my cognition has been much worse.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
Stress, I think from the failures, is cracking my grip on things. Iittle dreams intrude on the day which are ostensibly deja-vu but shouldn't be there.
I want my self back in one piece the way I was before the recent events.

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
My voices keep saying to me, "was he molested?", "was he abused?". And the really bad thing is I get concerned I'm talking to myself. In other words, It's NO-ONES business.

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
I am so done with this shitty disease.

I cannot function like a regular person. I just want to be NORMAL. But, I never will be.

It gets really depressing & lonely at times.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00