1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to live

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Innocent Forever, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Behind_the_cutrain

Behind_the_cutrain Well-Known Member

When I am feeling down i imagine that i am flying through the universe. And try to grasp the magnitude of it. See the earth as a small sphere on an ocean of spheres. And yet how beautiful it is because it has all kinds of life and feelings and colours. And my problems then seems less important for that moment. Also I think where I was a year before. How thinks have changed so much. For good or for bad. And this gives me hope. That nothing is permanent. And I can move past any kind of bad situatiom I may am

Innocent Forever likes this.
  2. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

3. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

4. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

The cafe is warping my mind. All I can think of as reasons to live is chocolate cake and good coffee. I’m getting some chocolate biscuits!!

5. Angel368

Angel368 Well-Known Member

TGIF to you too. This post is well timed as this is the first full week in over 6 months that i've kept a positive frame of mind and my mood has been stable. I am truly glad it's friday today and I can finally see there are good reasons to live.

Have a great weekend @Innocent Forever, love ya! xoxo

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I need a reason :(

7. Angel368

Angel368 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Petal, giving you a massive hug. Take care of yourself this weekend.

8. Supernova

Supernova SF Supporter

sorry you feel like this. you know, I wouldnt wanna miss you on here. You make a difference to so many on here and maybe it needs to be repeated that all you are doing on here is appreciated. I hope you will find a reason and until you feel a little better imagine that I hold you and keep you warm and safe. Hugs, Anne

Petal likes this.
  9. Supernova

Supernova SF Supporter

I have one little, cute reason to go on living for. But honestly, sometimes I wish I had no reason. Which ashames me a bit. It is like storm on the one side and thunder on the other side and I am in between and getting split more and more into two pieces of complete contrariness.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

That sounds amazing, thank you Anne ((hugs)) you're a godsend :)

11. Winter Blues

Winter Blues SF Supporter

I’m so sorry you’re feeling low Petal. I am fairly new to this site but watch you support so many others every day. Your friends here care for you hugely - that’s a reason. Sending you hugs xx

12. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Alumni

There is no reason!

13. Innocent Forever

14. just_me_again

just_me_again Well-Known Member

My reason to live is probably pretty stereotypical but it’s my friends and my boyfriend and my adopted family. They would all be devastated if I decided to leave. My boyfriend in particular is an amazing person. He doesn’t suffer from any mental illnesses, is smart, good looking, and could have any girl he wanted but he chose me and seems determined to stick with me.
    There’s also so many places I want to go, both with him, and solo. I’ve always had the travel bug and there’s just so much to see in the world.

15. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

What gives me a reason to live is my hobby. Why? Because the hobby involves socializing. The big drawback is always the availability of other people, so I get to do it only once a week. If I can find somebody with whom I can do it several times a week, then my life will be complete. But when I realize that everybody has some pain and disappointment, then I tolerate the disappointment and just keep trying and appreciate what I have.

16. Innocent Forever

Winter Blues likes this.
  17. sickanon2

sickanon2 Active Member

My boyfriend. Even though I often feel he would be better off without me, and constantly fear that he will break up with me. He has always been extremely supportive, but I don't feel I deserve him.

18. Winter Blues

My kids ... my adult kids but always my kids. There is NOTHING else keeps me here. I love them hugely

19. Winter Blues

I fuc’ed up - there are no reasons

20. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

What keeps me alive is because I have a goal that I have to achieve. In order to achieve that goal, I obviously have to stay alive. Sure, it's a struggle but I've learned>> Even while working towards my goal, I can still feel good.