September healthy eating and weight loss thread, join in...

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm having a great day today. Have yet to do my exercise but I have been on my feet all day long, I will do the exercise in a while, that's a sure thing.

Food-wise I am doing fantastic, healthy snacks such as pear and banana and a lunch of chicken, bacon, lots of veg and only 1 scoop of mash :) I'm doing well.

How are the rest of you holding up today?

*hugs*

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I am doing okay I am just frustrated because I am up 5 pounds from my lowest weight. I would like to be down 10 pounds from where I am at by Christmas. Frustrated because I feel like am losing nothing and I am constantly working out though I need to cut back on arm weights because my right arm is sore and I feel like my arms are getting too much muscle.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am doing okay I am just frustrated because I am up 5 pounds from my lowest weight. I would like to be down 10 pounds from where I am at by Christmas. Frustrated because I feel like am losing nothing and I am constantly working out though I need to cut back on arm weights because my right arm is sore and I feel like my arms are getting too much muscle.
It can get frustrating and tiring but its remember its a marathon not a sprint. I'm sure you could lose those 10 lbs. Maybe all the weights you are lifting is making you gain muscle which as you probably know weighs more than fat? What is your daily diet like? We're here for ya x

Lightsout

I'm having a great day today. Have yet to do my exercise but I have been on my feet all day long, I will do the exercise in a while, that's a sure thing.

Food-wise I am doing fantastic, healthy snacks such as pear and banana and a lunch of chicken, bacon, lots of veg and only 1 scoop of mash :) I'm doing well.

How are the rest of you holding up today?

*hugs*
I am still able to hit my weekly target weight. Been eating too much potato chips lately though.. the thinner you are, the more urge to eat things that you love the most

bobbob

SF Supporter
Woke up last night; went to fridge and got chocolate and cheese, which took back to bed; then read Sherlock Holmes into early hours. I was very stressed and with good reason, so its kind of understandable. Ive tried not having chocolate in the flat but then I find that I have, without really realising it, popped over to Co-op to get some. So goals today:
1. Go for run to cafe for tea.
2. 20 mins total on exercise bike.
3. Karate exrecises which seem to really calm my turbulent mind and give me a sore back.
4. Try and cut down chocolate and NO cheese.
5. Email friend.
6. Write 5 pages
7. 10 mins learning keyboard.
8. Try not to engage with negative thoughts. Easier said than done!

Hope folk doing OK. :)

I’m 46kgs and would like to be 44kgs
@sassy123 ah yeah i have anorexia :/ but am not going for full recovery as doesnt work. But am trying to stay physically healthy aswell without getting too underweight :)
Hey, just wanted to update. But Maybe not completely relavent to the weight loss part of the title. But is totally relavent to the healthy eating part. But ive actually gained 4kgs in thsi short amount of time - instead of losing weight and am 50kgs & am a lot more healther in weight. And not affecting mental health too much & not feeling too guilty for it:)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm craving sugar unreal. I know if I start to eat any that I won't stop so instead having a supper of chicken and baked potato wedges. Really trying hard to fight off the sugar cravings, so far have managed and hopefully i will fall asleep soon and awake with no sugar cravings.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yo forgot this thread.. .been behaving myself and dropped few pounds. Cut down substantially on my sweets and food intake tho i still have a sweet or two everyday just have more control of it now not every meal and snacks.

Working on my eating habits. Yesterday ate a salad for lunch and saved half for dinner later last nite. Actually followed through and did just that!

Unfortunately i slept ate all of the M&Ms i intended to eat later on this week last nite. 3 packets. D'oh

Just a lil set back. Still following through with my tuesday routine of either Mexican food or chicken tenders for late lunch and nothing else for dinner back to IF schedule.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, just wanted to update. But Maybe not completely relavent to the weight loss part of the title. But is totally relavent to the healthy eating part. But ive actually gained 4kgs in thsi short amount of time - instead of losing weight and am 50kgs & am a lot more healther in weight. And not affecting mental health too much & not feeling too guilty for it:)
That's great Shaunie, well done :)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm craving sugar unreal. I know if I start to eat any that I won't stop so instead having a supper of chicken and baked potato wedges. Really trying hard to fight off the sugar cravings, so far have managed and hopefully i will fall asleep soon and awake with no sugar cravings.
You've got the willpower to get through it Petal. Maybe have some baked beans with your supper, there may be enough sugar in them to satisfy the craving.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You've got the willpower to get through it Petal. Maybe have some baked beans with your supper, there may be enough sugar in them to satisfy the craving.
I'm just finished the baked wedges and baked chicken (only a relatively small portion of each) i'm no longer craving the sugar, so hopefully will fall asleep soon and wake up to a healthy breakfast :) Hugs to you and well done for having a good day, proud of you & thanks ever so much for the support, you're amazing.

Oh thank you for updating :) I'm very happy that you feel great with your body, especially since it's healthier now :) way to go ! Do you have any objective in mind ? Staying at this weight ?

@Woowoo congrats for healthy eating and the walk :) You're amazing !
@Petal When I see no longer craving for sugar, I'm full of hope :D Way to go !

I was a bit ill today so didn't go to work. It was more of a pretext because I was in condition to go to work. :/
Well, food wise it could've been better as well... Huuh I just want to go in the bed and not move, and wait for the next century...

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00