She wants to die

How to deal with someone decided to commit suicide, because her partner broke up with her and she doesn’t want to live without him? I tried everything, telling her that it will pass, that she has to love herself first, but she just cries and says she doesn’t want to be here anymore. I’m so scared and don’t know what to do

I don’t know if I should try to give her hope that they’ll be together again or try to make her get over him

But he doesn’t want to speak with her and he is her whole world and she is extremely emotional and suicidal and there’s nothing I can do, I’m so scared

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
OK, so your friend is suicidal because her boyfriend broke up with her, is that what you're saying? So you're trying to figure out what advice to give her - whether to tell her that she can do without him or maybe they'll get back together again? Just trying to clarify.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi @Gabi88 without realising it, you ARE doing something for her, you are there for her, you signed up for an account here to help her. You are doing something. Recognise that much :)

I think you should show or tell your friend about this website, there are so many caring and compassionate people here, bloody amazing folks that would be more than happy to try and help her through her darkest days. She will realise she is not alone. She will realise so many people are suffering and that it doesn't make her any less valuable as a human being, be there for her, maybe organise some counseling for her or tell her she needs therapy and even go with her if she needs it. She is so lucky to have you.

OK, so your friend is suicidal because her boyfriend broke up with her, is that what you're saying? So you're trying to figure out what advice to give her - whether to tell her that she can do without him or maybe they'll get back together again? Just trying to clarify.
Yes exactly, she's with me now and she keeps crying and saying things like if I'll forgive her if she helps herself, that she no longer wants to live in the world without him and I tried to number her reasons for living all the small things but she doesn't care about then, she just wants to be with him. I don't know if I should give her false hope or not. Don't know if I should distract her or rather talk about it and let her cry

Hi @Gabi88 without realising it, you ARE doing something for her, you are there for her, you signed up for an account here to help her. You are doing something. Recognise that much :)

I think you should show or tell your friend about this website, there are so many caring and compassionate people here, bloody amazing folks that would be more than happy to try and help her through her darkest days. She will realise she is not alone. She will realise so many people are suffering and that it doesn't make her any less valuable as a human being, be there for her, maybe organise some counseling for her or tell her she needs therapy and even go with her if she needs it. She is so lucky to have you.
Thank you, but she can't speak English that much and honestly she doesn't care about helping herself, she suffers from depression and goes on therapy and takes pills, that's why it's even harder, because she was happy only with him and now she lost him. I try to make her feel not alone but I'm just not enough for her, I can see it

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Your friend is having a bad time and likely wants to cry and talk. You should probably be the attentive person and be there for her unless you think she's in real danger of doing something to herself. If that's the case then it's over your head, you know? Then you should be calling someone - whether that's a family member who knows more about her than you do for further advice or skipping to calling someone for professional help then that's on you to decide. We're not there to see what's going on. But it's possible that she's just upset right now and can't see tomorrow for the break up that's going on right now. These things are hard on people. You can play it both sides and say that there's a chance they MAY get back together but if they don't there will be better days ahead as well. Generally if she's distraught to the point of crying and suicidal she's not going to listen to the possibilities of future love interests and such though. Just try to be there for your friend and keep her safe. Sounds like you're doing everything you can :)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
People can't use others to make themselves happy. It's unfortunate that your friend doesn't realize that her happiness isn't dependent on a guy.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you, but she can't speak English that much and honestly she doesn't care about helping herself, she suffers from depression and goes on therapy and takes pills, that's why it's even harder, because she was happy only with him and now she lost him. I try to make her feel not alone but I'm just not enough for her, I can see it
You are more than welcome. Could you maybe stay with her for a few days to help her get out of the crisis situation she is in? just let her know that you are there for her no matter what and that she will get through this difficult time. Is her therapy making her worse/better or indifferent? I wish I had a magic wand, I hate to see people suffering so much but help her realise you are there and you're not going anywhere. No guy is worth taking your life over, help her realise that too.

Do something today together to try and cheer her up a little, maybe even just a trip to the movies or shopping.

I am sorry i'm not of more help. She can get better and she is SO lucky to have you in her life. Really lucky. I'd love a friend like you.

Is there absolutely no chance of them getting back together, even if she is suicidal over this guy, that speaks volumes in itself, her self esteem and self confidence must be really low. We are here for you too no matter what. I am really glad you joined here.

Thank you all for your replys, it helped me feel like I'm not completely alone in this. I'm staying with her tonight as well just for sure. She still can't accept the possibility of them not being together and she'd rather not love at all. Not sure what else can say to her, how long does it take to heal a broken heart?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00