suicidal scale/what is making you suicidal/what can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittykatt

4 I think that most days I spend a lot of time thinking about committing suicide. I've been told that it would be cruel and selfish to do it because of the impact it would have on my family but I don't think that they'd care all that much or for very long. They would simply do what is necessary and then go on with their lives as though I'd never been here.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
4 I think that most days I spend a lot of time thinking about committing suicide. I've been told that it would be cruel and selfish to do it because of the impact it would have on my family but I don't think that they'd care all that much or for very long. They would simply do what is necessary and then go on with their lives as though I'd never been here.
in almost every case a suicide leaves a trail of pain that never heals. it leaves all the people that loved you or cared about you feeeling guilty. they'll ask themselves over and over again what did i miss, why didn't i stop it. i don't think it's selfish but it is something to be avoided at all cost your life is valuable. most people don't want to die they want the pain to end. let us help you want to live. most of the time i want to live now and i was like you i hit 5 but was lucky i was stopped. i hope you can lower that number soon...mike...*hug*console*shake

Thauoy

this is a simple scale. this way you can measure how suicidal you are. also if you can tell us why you feel suicidal or have low or no suicidal ideation. yes positive is as welcome as negative. also tell us how we can help you. it's only a 0-5 scale so feel free to add a decimal. like if you're between 1 and 2 it can be 1.5 so hopefully this will be a little more clear exactly how suicidal you are.

0 - no suicidal ideation at all

1. mild suicidal ideation , more like a passing thought you can easily distract yourself.

2. average suicidal ideation. it's harder to distract yourself from these thoughts but with effort it can be done. not serious and you're still ok

3. somewhat serious ideation. you can't completely distract yourself from those thoughts but you're still safe.

4. this is getting serious. you are having thoughts that won't go away. you are dwelling on them suicide seems like the best alternative. don't be alone, have someone stay with you or call the crises line.

5. suicide is imminent unless you get help. leave this site now you are beyond what peer support can give. call the crises line or go to the hospital. you need irl intervention. it is rare to be at a 5 and survive so if you hit that rare moment get irl help immediately

i hope this simple scale helps people convey thier suicidal thoughts better....mike
It's 2 for me.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
3-4 it seems to be this way more often than not. I wish it was less frequent as I have so much good in my life. 😞
try to concentrate on the good in your life. try to pick 1 or 2 passions you have in your life and concentrate on them. that's what I do I concentrate on my 64 dodge and it helps me deal with all my health issues. a passion for something takes your mind off all the bad things in your life. I hope you can lower that number soon...mike....*hug*console

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i am so glad its so low,. i hope it stays that way you deserve to be good. i hope you get your meds affordable because its hard when they are so much..
thank you. my latest fight is getting another exemption for my opioids. my doctor called it in and hopefully it'll get approved. if approved copay is 0 if not it's almost $70. and my gabapentin was doubled from 900mg to 1800 mg so they went from capsuls to tablets. last month it was $10 copay when we asked the price today they said $148 but they gave me 3 month supply so I told them 1 month. that bought it to almost $50 for a copay. I checked goodrx and got it for $17.86 which was a lot better than 148 lol. so I have to fight for most of my meds and it sucks lol...mike

Cryptic_Mind

4 on most everyday especially at night- sometimes goes down to 3, but honestly I will not attempt no matter how bad it gets - too afraid of failure n the consequences of failure

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
4 on most everyday especially at night- sometimes goes down to 3, but honestly I will not attempt no matter how bad it gets - too afraid of failure n the consequences of failure
Sorry you feel so poorly but glad you will not attempt, its not worth it, life can improve, it might not seem that way now but things can always get a little easier with support *console

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
thank you. my latest fight is getting another exemption for my opioids. my doctor called it in and hopefully it'll get approved. if approved copay is 0 if not it's almost $70. and my gabapentin was doubled from 900mg to 1800 mg so they went from capsuls to tablets. last month it was $10 copay when we asked the price today they said $148 but they gave me 3 month supply so I told them 1 month. that bought it to almost $50 for a copay. I checked goodrx and got it for $17.86 which was a lot better than 148 lol. so I have to fight for most of my meds and it sucks lol...mike
Nice one Mike, that you found the bargain but it sucks you have to fight tooth and nail for your medicines *hug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$110.00
Goal
$255.00