Thought For Today

Maybe this old poem is well known to you. I'm from Argentina, so I don't know if it's taught at school...
Thank you for sharing this poem with us. I don't know whether it's taught at school anywhere, but it has been an essential part of collection for a very long time. For many years I believed it to have been written by Anon, the most prolific writer of all, and am delighted to find out the author. From now on I shall be able to honour his contribution. Thank you for that, too. God bless and keep the good work up.

With love - Aquarius :)

In truth we are constantly playing the role of our own forebears and in case our curriculum requires further lifetimes on the Earth, on each occasion we shall return as one of our own descendants. And unless we take an active part in blessing and healing our world now, in each future lifetime we shall be newly confronted with the mess we ourselves once helped to make of our planet and left behind unchanged in previous lifetimes. How about that for a mind-boggling thought?

Let’s take a moment and join those who are in search of their roots. This takes us into the innermost core of life and the moment of our creation, when our spirit first came forth as a seed in the form of a thought from the heart-mind of God. One can only marvel at what has become of us in the meantime. There is no doubt in my mind that the person we are at present is the result of everything that happened to us from that moment onwards. All of it has been helping us towards growing ever more into the conscious awareness of our roots and origin as children of the Divine. Yet, in spite of the fact that on the outer level of life during each lifetime we appeared in a different guise, on the inner plane we remained the same. One cannot help marvelling that you were always you and I was me, and that is what we shall be forever.

And should our evolutionary program demand further sojourns through earthly life, we shall be appearing as the offspring of the one we presently are. Therefore, it stands to reason that any improvements we now make to our character and also our world are as much on behalf of ourselves as of our children’s children. This highlights the urgency of seriously getting to work on ourselves as well as finding satisfactory solutions for the issues that to this day are facing us and our world.

We live in extraordinary times of Mother Earth’s transformation and the homecoming of our race into the conscious awareness of God’s true nature and our own. And so it is not surprising that many are feeling an urge for finding and reconnecting with their roots. For a long time we keep on reincarnating through the same family groups. But eventually we reach the point when we have become sufficiently evolved for the superconscious faculties of our nature begin to unfold and our inner and outer horizons start to broaden. And so, with the help of the wise ones in charge of us, we decide to be born into other cultures and civilisations, to become familiar with their customs, outlook on life and religious/spiritual aspirations.

For these souls it would be futile to search for their origins on the outer level of life. They know that everybody’s true roots belong to the inner dimensions and therefore can only be found through journeying inwards. In this way we reconnect with our Highest or God Self, and through this becoming aware of our oneness with God and all life.

In contrast to them, young and inexperienced souls during their early lifetimes on the Earth plane are likely to misinterpret any of the promptings they receive from their inner being. They cannot help themselves because so far their earthly self has not yet discovered that there is such a thing as a spirit and a soul as well as an inner home, and that they too have these things. This is why one finds people in many countries of our world who are busily digging in the archives of earthly life for their roots. More highly evolved souls smile at their efforts. They can see no point in the ordinary type of genealogical research, because they are already consciously walking the highway that takes all of us together up the spiritual mountain and eventually – each one on their own – home into the final reunion with God.

Now that you are aware that you have been your own ancestor, I would like to challenge you to take a good look at your family tree. When you consider the ancestral line-up in front of you, bear in mind that in some of your lifetimes you yourself could either have been an eminent person or a particularly ill-fated and unfortunate one. Should you be in danger of shedding crocodile tears and feeling your heart melting with compassion for those through whose line you reincarnated, and before your ego swells with pride for having come through such an illustrious family, think of the part you must have played in its saga.

It is necessary to find forgiveness and feel compassion for ourselves and the many ordeals each one of us has to work their way through on their way to becoming the one we are today. To provide humankind with a well balanced educational program, it is for wise higher purposes that all human souls occasionally require lifetimes on the Earth plane when wretchedly difficult and traumatic situations have to be coped with. But we can trust the Universe’s wisdom and love that it will see to it that such times are balanced by successful, prosperous and happy ones.

Understanding this, each one of us, without exception, has every reason to rejoice and be thankful for all our own experiences and everybody else’s. The time has come for making our peace and praising the Highest for the gift of life, for guiding and protecting us and keeping us safe by day and by night, and the many things it is constantly providing for each one of us. And that undoubtedly will continue forever.

* * *​

It has been said that because two people argue does not mean they do not love each other and that because some folks refuse to argue is a sign that they do. I find it childish to fall out with each other because of a difference of opinion. When a situation has been duly considered from all angles, in all our relationships it is all right to come to the conclusion that it is better to agree to disagree than falling out. Wise ones bear in mind that whenever disputes arise, two persons can be confronted with exactly the same things and perceive them in a totally different way.

Depending on one’s point of view, all participants in any argument can be right and wrong, at the same time. That’s the way it has to be for human beings, because of the different lessons we all have to participate in on the Earth plane. With a bit of goodwill any dispute can be settled peacefully, simply by accepting each others views, even though they differ. The level of someone’s spiritual maturity reveals itself in nothing more clearly than in the ability and willingness – or otherwise – to agree to disagree with others in times of conflict.

‘The Buddha said: ‘Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it, or because it is spoken and rumoured by many, or because it is found written in your religious books, or because it emanates from your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. When you find after observation and analysis that anything agrees with your reasoning and is conducive to the good and benefit of all, accept it and conduct your life by it.’

‘Kindness in words creates confidence. In thinking it creates profoundness and in giving it creates love.’ Lao Tzu

‘Words have the power to destroy and heal, and words that are true and kind can make our world a better place.’ The Buddha
On our pathway through life learning to watch the words we speak and thereby taking charge of our tongues is as vital an issue as any other. That is undoubtedly the reason why as early as the Bible’s Old Testament warned in Proverbs 18:21: ‘Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and those who love it shall eat the fruits thereof.’ In ‘Spiritual Unfoldment 2’ White Eagle adds to this: ‘Keep control of your tongue, so that it says no unkind and hurtful thing. Bear in mind the feelings of those to whom you speak and do so gently and thoughtfully, without anger and haste. When you do this, my dear children of the Earth, difficulties fall away, sorrow recedes into the background and you cannot help but become aware of the gentle presence of the Master within you.

‘We ask you to render a service to yourself and that is holding your tongue. It is one of the hardest tasks that can be asked of you. You ought to see the mists that surround you and your world that is caused by idle chatter. When there is so much of it on the Earth, even the Angels can to nothing but bow their heads, because in that case they are unable to minister to you. Whenever you are tempted to say: ‘I think or believe so and so. I like this person, but I don’t like that one,’ instead of speaking, be silent and wait and see. If you can also restrain yourself from expressing any foolish opinions about the affairs and the state of your world you will greatly assist the Angels in their work.’

‘Live every moment for sending from your loving heart the light of the Christ Star, the Highest Star and the brightest light in the whole of Creation, My light. Continue to do this until your whole being is filled with this light, so that you gradually evolve into a light that is, like Me, capable of constantly sharing its love and warmth with all lifeforms, not only in your world but all others. Endeavour to think kind and loving thoughts only and never forget your sense of humour. Nothing lightens your vibrations more quickly and easily than the ability to see the funny side of things, to laugh about them and have fun. Above all, walk in faith and trust, My beloved children, hand in hand with the Angels and Me. Best foot forward, keep on saying to yourself:

From this heart nothing but love.
From these hands nothing but healing.
From this mouth nothing but kindness.
From this mind nothing but peace.

From ‘States Of Heightened Awareness And Illumination’

‘The Universal Christ Now Speaks To Us And Our World’

* * *​

For as long as someone believes that every word of the Bible is true and should be taken literally, including the Jesus story, that person could be constantly in danger of thinking: ‘I can do as I like and sin as much as I want to. The priest will forgive me and then I can keep on sinning. And even if at the end of our session s/he says: ‘Go forth and sin no more!’ I shall think: ‘What of it? I know from previous occasions that nobody knows and that nothing happens to me, so let’s do it again and again ad infinitum.’ That has been the way of the past and reflecting on where it has got us and world, one can only come to the obvious conclusion that this never has been the right way of going about things.

What a world of difference it makes when we become aware that Jesus is a symbolism of our higher nature and that God is part of us, and we are part of God. Therefore, God witnesses and knows everything about us, in the minutest details. Our whole perception of life changes when we find out that in truth we are responsible for every one of our thoughts, words and actions, always have been and forever will be. As soon as we get a better grasp of the Universal laws, God’s laws, we realise that no priest ever had the power of forgiving anything and that their kind of forgiveness could not wipe away one iota of anyone’s Karmic debts.

No matter what any religious institution may to this day try to make us believe, we ourselves are the only ones who can pay for them and make good where we once sinned. There have been many ancient prophecies that one day someone would appear in our world to save and redeem us, individually and collectively. As we are now finding out with ever more clarity, none other than we ourselves can and have to play this role. And because on the inner level of life we are all one, as soon as one of us saves and redeems themselves, our whole world follows suit and moves one more small step forwards on the evolutionary spiral of life.

Before sitting in judgement of those who in past lifetimes committed atrocities in the name of Jesus, it is worth bearing in mind that in order to receive a well-rounded earthly education, it is more than likely that any old souls in our midst were among them in previous lifetimes. We too must have spent at least some of our lifetimes following Christianity’s beliefs, even though in our present one we could have sworn allegiance to one of the other religions or, like me, decided to remain a free spirit. Here’s a sobering thought for you: the monstrous and awful things of past ages never were a case of ‘them’ and ‘us’, but ‘us’ and ‘us’. We were there and took part, sometimes at the giving end and on other occasions at the receiving one. Consequently, all of us are responsible for the Karma that was created by the sins of those days, individually and collectively and that by all religions, without exception.

Therefore, we are the ones who have to make good and redeem the debts incurred along the way. It cannot and will not be done by any kind of outside force and certainly not by Jesus, the man who a long time ago was born in a storyteller’s mind only and nowhere else. He never was. Every one of us has the power for saving and redeeming themselves within, for we are by no means miserable worms and sinners. Humankind is not on the Earth plane because of what some of our religions see as ‘original sin’ or ‘fall from grace’. None of these things ever happened either. They are only valid for those who to this day take the sacred texts literally.

How good it is to know that ever more of us are awakening from their spiritual slumbers and realise that in truth every human being, without exception, is a beloved child of God who is attending their earthly lessons, at different grades and levels, no more and no less. Because there are many young and inexperienced souls in our midst, who have yet to become aware of these things, it frequently appears as if the development of us and our world were in retrograde motion. In my heart of hearts I know that such worries are unfounded. Looking around, I see plenty of evidence everywhere that in truth we are constantly and steadily moving forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral of life. Let no-one fool you into thinking otherwise.

We come from love and into this state of being we are presently returning. Only when we love and are thinking kind and loving thoughts and are doing loving and thoughtful things are we true to our real nature. We find ourselves in earthly life to experience love in its many different manifestations and expressions. This can only be done through actively taking part in life by constantly giving and receiving love in its simplest form that expresses itself in human kindness, friendliness and tolerance towards other.

Loving those who love us is easy, but the real test comes in our encounters with the unloving ones. Can we love them, too? Like everything else in the whole of Creation, we are subject to Universal laws. The most important one here is the law of cause and effect, also known as the law of Karma and reincarnation. It decrees that every action causes a reaction and that everything has to return to its source. This ensures that the thoughts, words and actions we consciously and unconsciously project and send out into our world return to us without fail.

The Universe in its great generosity constantly provides each one of us with sufficient opportunities for learning to love and respect ourselves as well as our space and time, as much as that of others. We are dynamic beings and therefore can only attract towards us that which we ourselves are on the inner and outer level of life. As we know by now, the world around us acts like a mirror of everything that happens within. The corollary of this is that if we want more love in our lives – the way we all do – we first have to become more loving ourselves.

The law of life is love and as sparks of the Divine we are God’s children. Thus we have come from love, our true nature is love and the goal of our earthly existence is to return into this awareness and conduct our lives in keeping with this knowledge. Giving and receiving love is one of every soul’s most basic and urgent needs. And when the bud of the Christ nature of our innermost being at last starts to open up, we become aware of God’s all-enfolding and penetrating love and light, in which – unbeknown to us for a long time – all life is constantly immersed.

Learning to love God’s way, with simple human kindness and friendliness, thoughtfulness and consideration, patience and tolerance for those around us, is the main purpose of our existence. The more we practise this kind of loving in every one of our daily encounters, the closer our contact with the Great Father/Mother Creator’s Universal love, light and beauty gets. This is how ultimately every human is going to do their share of establishing God’s kingdom on the Earth. In this process the light of our own inner Divinity grows increasingly powerful and far reaching. Having learnt to accept and love every manifestation of life as being part of God’s great plan of life, we view the events of our world with ever greater tenderness, kindness and tolerance towards all its participants.

Feelings of this nature rise from a deep inner well of understanding about the preciousness and uniqueness of all God’s creatures. If, as a result, our heart fills with love but we feel short of someone special to give it to, if we but open our eyes we soon realise that our world is filled with needy people who are searching for love and seem to be unable to find it. Just about every human soul belongs to this category and even the most advanced ones are like small frightened children before God, too afraid to ask for help. Let’s take heart and not be stingy with our love and give it freely to everything that shares our life with us. Any kind of love that is given is never wasted, especially not on those who do not yet know how to respond to our gift in the right manner.

From ‘Searching For Love And God’

‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

* * *​

Our environment and the people in it act like a mirror that is constantly reflecting our own hidden inner characteristics back to us. We are dynamic beings and can only attract into our lives the qualities in others which we ourselves have already developed. Therefore, if we want more love in our life, we first have to become more loving ourselves. How to go about it? Anything is possible for those reach out for the helping hands of the Angels, the Shining Ones, Higher and Highest Beings – call them what you like, the meaning is always the same. They are always waiting for our call and ready to show the way, if we but ask.

They wish to teach us how to rise above all earthly conditions by peering beyond the ends of our noses and the clouds of the darkness of ignorance that surround us, so that we may learn to walk with our heads above the clouds and not in them. Our feet need to be firmly planted on the Earth to do our share of making our world a better and more peaceful place for all. Each one of us has the power to bring their own small piece of Heaven down to the Earth. No matter how insignificant our contribution may appear to us now, it does make a difference to the whole and helps our world to move a bit forwards on its own evolutionary spiral.

With the help and will of God and the Angels any adversary truly can be overcome, especially the worst one: our small earthly self’s fears and anxieties. We are here for a purpose and no kind of suffering is ever for nothing. Every bit of it fulfils the purpose of teaching us something; fathoming out what that could be is our task. Yet, whenever we have reached the end of our tether, there is nothing wrong and everything right with falling on our knees, baring our hearts and souls and appealing to the mercy and tenderness of the Great Mother’s infinite wisdom and love to rescue us.

Approaching the Divine aspects of life is best done with the frame of mind and the openness of heart of a small child. After all, that’s what we are before the Great Father/Mother of all life. Besides, it takes a child’s simplicity to grasp the higher esoteric meanings that are hidden behind the words that were once given to our world through various teaching methods. The wise ones in the world of light, our true home, who bring us these messages, have always communicated with us not with the surface words of the myths and legends they gave us from time to time, but through the metaphors and symbolisms that have always been hiding behind them. When their meanings have been unravelled, the Divine spirit can speak unhindered to the hearts and souls of those who are ready to understand.

God manifests Him/Herself everywhere and everything that exists in this world and all others has been created from love. To come to this conclusion is the end of the search for God and love which all of us have come into this life to pursue. All human beings eventually reach the evolutionary point when they can sense and recognise the light of the spirit in all their companions. Each time they are looking into a mirror, they then realise that they are actually looking at God. This reveals that they have reached the ultimate goal every human being is incessantly working towards in earthly life.

When we become aware that God, the creative forces of the Highest, is in everything and that all life is involved in a process of evolution, we realise that humankind has always been evolving away from the dark and evil side of its lower earthly nature. The aspect of God we are striving to develop, the same as everything else in the whole of Creation, is that which is good, right and beautiful. By bringing forth from within our own being the best and the highest of our nature, we are helping these aspects of Mother Earth and all other life and lifeforms move forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral.

Because the Divine is not a static force but an ever evolving, expanding and increasing one, each one of us is equipped with the power to assist God with His/Her development. The Christ Spirit is the only born Son/Daughter of the Great Father/Mother of all life. It is all light and love and so is Its spark, which each one of us contains. This part of the Divine Trinity gradually absorbs everything that is ugly and sick, crude and evil into itself and transmutes it into something beautiful, sophisticated and good. Crooked corners it makes straight and that which is sick, it heals. Such is the process of evolution.

* * *​

When we become aware that God, the creative forces of the Highest, is in everything and that all life is involved in a process of evolution, we realise that humankind has always been evolving away from the dark and evil side of its lower earthly nature. The aspect of God we are striving to develop, the same as everything else in the whole of Creation, is that which is good, right and beautiful. By bringing forth from within our own being the best and the highest of our nature, we are helping these aspects of Mother Earth and all other life and lifeforms move forwards and upwards on the evolutionary spiral.

Because the Divine is not a static force but an ever evolving, expanding and increasing one, each one of us is equipped with the power to assist God with His/Her development. The Christ Spirit is the only born Son/Daughter of the Great Father/Mother of all life. It is all light and love and so is Its spark, which each one of us contains. This part of the Divine Trinity gradually absorbs everything that is ugly and sick, crude and evil into itself and transmutes it into something beautiful, sophisticated and good. Crooked corners it makes straight and that which is sick, it heals. Such is the process of evolution.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00