• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

We're quitters!

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Ok...so didn't think would make it through today day 23...just keep hoping will get less difficult...sigh...hope others having easier time than I...
 

ravens

SF Supporter
Ok...so didn't think would make it through today day 23...just keep hoping will get less difficult...sigh...hope others having easier time than I...
Most days have been easy for me. Some days I did have massive cravings though and managed to make it through. I know if I gave in the next craving would be worse and then I would eventually be back to smoking daily, which would suck. Cravings always pass and they can't force me to smoke, they are only uncomfortable. I have quit times in the past so i disagree with anyone in here who says slipping and having one isn't a big deal. If you were a daily smoker and have one eventually you will be a daily smoker again. That's how this works.

Congrats on 23 days! Lung and circulation should have started healing by this point :) the worst of it is over! Just think we never have one again you never have to go through this process again. Go us
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Ok...so didn't think would make it through today day 23...just keep hoping will get less difficult...sigh...hoe others having easier time than I...
it should be getting easier by now I hope it gets easier soon . remember all the suffering you've done so far if you light up again it was all wasted and you have to go through that again. you are making it stay strong and if you have to use a product to help. vape, gum, patch etc. please keep it up mike *hug*hug
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
@Kiwi2016 Nothing easy is very worthwhile. This is with it. You are strong. You are with this effort. Keep pushing. You don't have to do it without complaining it being a shit even but you can drive ahead and keep going. We believe in you. I know I do.
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
@ravens I'm glad you're having a relatively okay time. Congrats. You've got this under control. I'm in some 4 months ish range and still craving them sometimes which I find almost fascinating in a scientific way. Here's to the next 23 days... And the next... And the next....
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
@ravens @1964dodge @Walker ...thanks for your encouragement...I know that the cravings are because I am under deadline to complete two assignments and am struggling...so "naturally" wanting to go to my previous "go to relaxation" of having a cigarette to supposidly de-stress myself....know this isn't rational ... and you are all so right that it's not worth throwing away the now 24 days of being smoke free---no matter how badly I want one...so just powering through...but admit so very very hard...but wont cave...am too determined....
 

ravens

SF Supporter
@ravens @1964dodge @Walker ...thanks for your encouragement...I know that the cravings are because I am under deadline to complete two assignments and am struggling...so "naturally" wanting to go to my previous "go to relaxation" of having a cigarette to supposidly de-stress myself....know this isn't rational ... and you are all so right that it's not worth throwing away the now 24 days of being smoke free---no matter how badly I want one...so just powering through...but admit so very very hard...but wont cave...am too determined....
That's amazing that you are keeping your quit while under a really stressful time. If you can get through this you pretty much proved you can get through anything without smoking. Keep up the good work :)
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@ravens @1964dodge @Walker ...thanks for your encouragement...I know that the cravings are because I am under deadline to complete two assignments and am struggling...so "naturally" wanting to go to my previous "go to relaxation" of having a cigarette to supposidly de-stress myself....know this isn't rational ... and you are all so right that it's not worth throwing away the now 24 days of being smoke free---no matter how badly I want one...so just powering through...but admit so very very hard...but wont cave...am too determined....
you are doing a great job you have a lot of courage and I know you'll make it you're too determined to falter
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
That's amazing that you are keeping your quit while under a really stressful time. If you can get through this you pretty much proved you can get through anything without smoking. Keep up the good work :)
you are doing a great job you have a lot of courage and I know you'll make it you're too determined to falter
And @Walker....thank you as well :) ...somehow didn't manage to do a multi-quote for your 25...

Thank you three...barely hanging on but knowing you three are out there as my "cheerleaders" is giving me the determination to keep going despite how hard I am finding this. I am realizing that I just have to focus on the positives and think of myself as an ex-smoker and not that I am depriving myself...but oh so hard this is....sigh....
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
And @Walker....thank you as well :) ...somehow didn't manage to do a multi-quote for your 25...

Thank you three...barely hanging on but knowing you three are out there as my "cheerleaders" is giving me the determination to keep going despite how hard I am finding this. I am realizing that I just have to focus on the positives and think of myself as an ex-smoker and not that I am depriving myself...but oh so hard this is....sigh....
you are doing something extremely difficult and I did say you are. we may encourage you but it's you determination and courage that got you so far. please keep trying with every nerve in your body you WILL make it and we ill help. mike *hugsince you are doing so well do something nice on your 30 day anniversary special meal, movie etc.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I so nearly had one yesterday in coffee break at group therapy. I bummed one off of someone and had it in my hand ready to light when my CPN came outside and gave me 'the look'. So I gave it back and had a biscuit instead.

Looking forward to Friday and it being a whole month :)
that's a milestone you are doing a great job keep it up, and remember 1 smoke may cause you to have to start again and have suffered for nearly 30 days for nothing. I hope you continue and as I told kiwi on your 30 day anniversary do something special for yourself meal movie etc. mike
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
No smoking for 7 or 8 days, no alcohol for 7 days, now trying to reduce coffee, sugar reduction will follow in February.
Holy crap, that is a LOT. No smoking or drinking huh? I feel like those go together so might as well knock them both out at once. But no coffee or sugar? Erm, no. haha Just kidding - I really hope that works out if that's what you want to do. Just trying to reduce caffeine consumption?
 

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
You keep up the hard work too @ravens
Any luck on cutting back @Lara_C How is that working out for you?
@Sunspots You having any luck?
I didn't know you had me signed up for this club, so no, I've not been cutting back, though my son is a constant nag. He doesn't get that stressing me out about it makes me want to smoke more. He says thats junkie logic. I promise I will think about quitting but I'm not in the right mindset to try without nicotine replacement.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top