• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

We're quitters!

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Im here to vent a bit honestly, why is it so hard to stop? Like, it doesnt taste good and it burns a little but in the end I still come back... How have other's pulled themselves out of it?
Think of it this way -- you've only been smoking for about 9 minutes. Think of how thats going to be YEARS from now. If you think it's hard to quit after having 10 of them you can't even fathom the difficulty it is after having 10K of them. Stop now.
 

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
Think of it this way -- you've only been smoking for about 9 minutes. Think of how thats going to be YEARS from now. If you think it's hard to quit after having 10 of them you can't even fathom the difficulty it is after having 10K of them. Stop now.
how did you get to overcome it walker? God everytime i think "yeah i've fixed it im okay" something bad happens and i find myself lighting another one
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I had been smoking at least 15 years and it was a pain in the ass. I switched to vaping for a couple of weeks in order to quit but YOU have only BEEN smoking a couple of weeks so YOU need to work on gathering up your coping skills and distracting yourself to quit. Once the first few minutes of "need" passes then you won't still want to smoke. So you want to smoke, right? You go right on out and do that. WRONG. You need to wait.. wait.. wait.. Wait 20 minutes. Have a glass of water. Do something else. Come here. Listen to some music. But do something else and that urge..? It's going to pass. Watch and see. I know what I'm talking about here. @LostGirl22
 

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
I had been smoking at least 15 years and it was a pain in the ass. I switched to vaping for a couple of weeks in order to quit but YOU have only BEEN smoking a couple of weeks so YOU need to work on gathering up your coping skills and distracting yourself to quit. Once the first few minutes of "need" passes then you won't still want to smoke. So you want to smoke, right? You go right on out and do that. WRONG. You need to wait.. wait.. wait.. Wait 20 minutes. Have a glass of water. Do something else. Come here. Listen to some music. But do something else and that urge..? It's going to pass. Watch and see. I know what I'm talking about here. @LostGirl22
thanks walker. I'll try to do that next time the damn urges come again
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I smoked for 50 years @LostGirl22 and @Sunspots and I quit last year. if a smoker for 50 years can do it so can you. be strong. throw any cigs out and don't buy more. it's hard at first but you're strong enough to do it..mike
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Just got back from a particularly tough therapy session and man, I really really want a ciggie right now :(

How are you doing @Petal? *hug
when you're under stress or anxiety hits, you really feel that need for a cig, I remember. but as time moves on you'll be able to cope a little better without the cigs. it actually gets better every week. I no longer crave it during stressful times. keep trying you'll make it...mike...*console*hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Not doing well at quitting the cigs at the moment due to anxiety spikes. Thanks for thinking of me, hope you managed not to have one :) Its so hard isn't it? I am hoping to have quit by Christmas though :)
@Petal I really hope i'm not out of line. I hope you keep trying please don't wait until Christmas. will you please at least think about quitting soon. talk to your doctor about quitting and your anxiety. it won't be any different at Christmas than now. you'll need to find a way to deal with quitting and anxiety. i'm not telling you what to do just a suggestion I want you to make it and not have long term health issues. i'm sorry if I sound pushy and offend, I do worry about you...mike...p.s. I know you can do it...*hug*console
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top