• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

We're quitters!

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thanks Mike. I was trying to be "diplomatic" when I used the word "cranky" -- lol! I do really appreciate everybody being so supportive.
quitting smoking can be the hardest thing a person can do. I smoked for 50 years I started at 11. until I cut down and eventually quit I smoked at least 3 or 4 packs a day. I wish I would have quit sooner before I got copd. so I think anyone that tries to quit is incredibly brave. I hope with all my heart that you make. it..mike...*hug*shake
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
December 1st is my quit day. Yes I do realise i'm delaying it, i'm just trying to get more info before i actually quit as i don't want to fail and want to read up on best tips etc... :)
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Thank you, i'm going to try crazy hard, i need to do this for myself and I don't want to end up with worse lungs than I already have now (born with asthma). I will drive you crazy if the going gets tough. *bleh
you know i'll be there for you @Petal even when you're a ...mike
 

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
You can drive us crazy as much as you need to @Petal, we just want you to get to where you want to be *hug

Go for it @DOWNUP! I'm on somewhere around week 7 and it's finally getting easier (although I had a massive craving this morning and if I hadn't had a friend with me who knows I've quit I may have given in and bought some). We'll be here to support you all the way *hug
 

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Know that you can all do it and I will be joining you on Jan 1 as wont be able to smoke in new house....rather...I am not going to allow myself to smoke outside in the new house....no matter what. As this will be a good break in my routine etc etc.and have also promised my husband that this is it as far as smoking goes.
 

DOWNUP

Well-Known Member
You can drive us crazy as much as you need to @Petal, we just want you to get to where you want to be *hug

Go for it @DOWNUP! I'm on somewhere around week 7 and it's finally getting easier (although I had a massive craving this morning and if I hadn't had a friend with me who knows I've quit I may have given in and bought some). We'll be here to support you all the way *hug
Woo-Hoo! In 6 -8 weeks or thereabouts, I'm hoping I can say the same. I'm so proud of you!
 

DOWNUP

Well-Known Member
Know that you can all do it and I will be joining you on Jan 1 as wont be able to smoke in new house....rather...I am not going to allow myself to smoke outside in the new house....no matter what. As this will be a good break in my routine etc etc.and have also promised my husband that this is it as far as smoking goes.
Good for you! I'll probably still be here in one state or another. Hoping I'll be able to brag a little about how long I've quit; but I may be jumping back onboard to try it again. It's gotta be done no matter what the scenario!
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Know that you can all do it and I will be joining you on Jan 1 as wont be able to smoke in new house....rather...I am not going to allow myself to smoke outside in the new house....no matter what. As this will be a good break in my routine etc etc.and have also promised my husband that this is it as far as smoking goes.
*bravo*starswe'll be here for you when you quit. ...mike...*hug*bounce
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm almost 20 months quit now I haven't had 1 cig. but somebody felt sorry for me knowing I wanted just 1 cig. they snuck it past my wife lol. it's been sitting in the drawer for 2 weeks and counting. so I haven't touched it yet and I won't if my wife is around, she'd clobber me lol....mike
 

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
i'm almost 20 months quit now I haven't had 1 cig. but somebody felt sorry for me knowing I wanted just 1 cig. they snuck it past my wife lol. it's been sitting in the drawer for 2 weeks and counting. so I haven't touched it yet and I won't if my wife is around, she'd clobber me lol....mike
I'd clobber you too Mike lol. Yay for 20 months without cigs, that is fantastic,i'm proud of you :) Congrats.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'd clobber you too Mike lol. Yay for 20 months without cigs, that is fantastic,i'm proud of you :) Congrats.
thank you. i'm saving that 1 cig for when I absolutely want one. I hope I never do because now I know I have one so I don't crave that 1 cig as much...mike*hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I bought a new e-cig today for use starting December 1st. Now that I have paid for the e-cig, well 2 actually cos i'll be using one while the other is charging - i'm more motivated :) Lets see how it goes *stars
i know you can do this @Petal we are here for you...mike...*hug*bravo
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top