I have a Kindle with dozens of books, but I just cannot focus long enough to read any of them. I could sit down with a book for hours as a child and teen. Mental illness impinges on everything.
I will have to check that one out. My grandfather told me I reminded him of Sacred Clowns, humans in Indian nations that acted out the tricksters and were considered along the lines of the chief and medicine man in importance.
The Good Sister by Sally Hepworth - I’d recommend this book especially to anyone who just has problems throughout their life and grew up with a mother or parent who had an addiction and maybe missed out on something because of this. So far reading it is good therapy.
Reading is a healthy addiction in my life and it’s helping me again now like it always used to. It is normal for me to pick up a book and begin to read it. I normally read books independently and often as an escape from my real life. It is unusual for me to pause once I have only just started a book to offer my opinion that it is a good book like with The Good Sister. I love to read and I am often reading a few different books at once. Slowly and surely I’m learning about creating cold process soap and plant based recipe techniques in addition to history through beloved classics and I’m borrowing a lot of summer themed books or the indulgent types of books I’d bring with me to the beach, a very encompassing category, even though fall is here.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.