• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

What book are you currently reading?

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Is it any good? Still pertinent? Thanks!
I’m enjoying it so far. More interesting read than some of the other things that professor has assigned. I like the encouragement of understanding people as people instead of as a collection of symptoms. However when reading I was curious about what someone would think of it who is actually dealing with schizophrenia themselves, because that is a perspective I don’t have.
In Watermelon Sugar by Richard Brautigan

peace
:)
We’re going to read that in my one class soon. I had never heard of it until that professor mentioned it.
 
I've read a lot of books on the subject, but this one actually cuts closest to what Buddhism, i.e. dharma practice, really is. It isn't a religion, it really isn't necessarily even a philosophy, it's a skill set.

The 4 noble truths and the 8 fold path aren't a belief system, they're practical exercises and disciplined routines - part prescription, part toolkit.
 

MisterBGone

~\_✅`,')
SF Supporter
"Nursing for DUMMIE`s.?!" ;^))._=(easy as Pie!) 'collectors edition!' The godl standard of/in the industry. Learn all of the greatest short cuts, from the best (vets) & risk-takers, themsevles... of course~ th3e decades long experience may come in handy in these given scenarios, but-that's neither here nor there! ( ;
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top