What would you do if you were not afraid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me first!

1. Master the guitar, practice more and go for becoming a musician (as a profession).
2. Spend a lot of time climbing trees.
3. Get a dog.
4. Look people in the eyes.
5. Wear a skirt :D

Sometimes fears control lives. Sometimes fears paralyze. Sometimes fears are just ridiculous... Why can't I do all of these things? Why is it so hard to overcome fear, it is not real!

So - What would YOU do if you were not afraid?

Charliex8

SF Creative
SF Supporter
Oh, good question! Very hard to answer though...

1. Get a job. Preferably with animals or something outside, or both!
2. Find love...someone to spend the rest of my life with
3. Go for walks on my own
4. Learn to ride a horse
5. Help others with anxiety, depression and other mental health problems in some way. Volunteering or something...

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Great thread!

1. I'd love to study floristry. I've found a part time diploma at a local college but I'm too scared to go alone.

2. I'd also love to go skydiving @Kiwi2016. My friend has challenged me to do one with her for our 50th birthdays next year.

3. Confront my mother and ask her why.

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
Great thread!

1. I'd love to study floristry. I've found a part time diploma at a local college but I'm too scared to go alone.

2. I'd also love to go skydiving @Kiwi2016. My friend has challenged me to do one with her for our 50th birthdays next year.

3. Confront my mother and ask her why.
Yes going skydiving has been one of those things have always wanted to do. Used to live near someone who worked at an airport near here who did it...you might have inspired me to try it...though think would need to do it in that tandem thing where the instructor is with you...lol...

Laura79

I would actually speak up more what’s on my mind or how I view things instead of keeping it all in. I also would go out and start making friends when asked to do things instead of making excuses why I can’t go.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
I'd also love to go skydiving
Yes going skydiving has been one of those things have always wanted to do
I miss it so much ... Took my 2 oldest daughters on the 2nd oldest's 18th birthday some years ago and that was last time have even been in a plane rigged for jumping ... It is far less scary than you are imagining and can do a tandem jump for first jump anyway so is not really a "chicken out" thing...

I hope both of you get your chance, as well as the other things you have listed...

Kiwi2016

🦩 Now a flamingo, not a kiwi 🦩
SF Pro
I miss it so much ... Took my 2 oldest daughters on the 2nd oldest's 18th birthday some years ago and that was last time have even been in a plane rigged for jumping ... It is far less scary than you are imagining and can do a tandem jump for first jump anyway so is not really a "chicken out" thing...

I hope both of you get your chance, as well as the other things you have listed...
Wow...jealous and impressed at same time :)... you both may have nudged me a bit to take the plunge---sorry couldn't resist that one....

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter

I signed up to do it years ago, not long after our wedding. But my husband cried and didn't want me to do it. Now he doesn't mind, I guess that's 27 years of marriage for you :D

I'm not to sure what I would do.
But I know what I won't do, a little bit of fear is a good thing.
I never took heroin because I was afraid I'd like it.
Fear of the monster I become is stopping me from drinking alcohol
Fear of becoming a slave to tobacco and weed is keeping me from smoking
I have just lived through the fear of being alone, it's not so bad on the other side of it, I'm stronger for it.
The fear of a dark lonely emptiness be is keeping me shinning light.
It's a very thin line between fear and courage.

MarkahMalady

I'd get my stupid license and actually be independent for the first time ever :(
I have my learners permit for the third time rn, ugh. I never get past tooling around cul-de-sacs

I would actually speak up more what’s on my mind or how I view things instead of keeping it all in. I also would go out and start making friends when asked to do things instead of making excuses why I can’t go.
Same here! It's really scary to do things like that.

1. Play tabletop roleplaying games.
2. Talk to more people in my college classes.

drinty

I'd rather be a Cat.
I too wanted to do florestry but can't get my self to go back to school alone.

I think I would get some more done to my tattoo, lost my balls after I passed out whilst having a blood test a while back now I'm scared to get more ink.

I'd like to go see some places but travelling alone unless I'm meeting someone isn't what's fun for me, I like to share experiences.

I was worrying myself to death when someone said would I like one of the pups I'd help look after...but to the person who said they would like a dog. Do it! It's tough like being a parent, and for the first 2 years you may think omg what have I done :) but they are funny creatures with so much love to give. My pup has helped my confidence after the initial anxieties, he doesn't judge, he just is :)

I'd like to go see some places but travelling alone unless I'm meeting someone isn't what's fun for me, I like to share experiences.

:)
I used to be like that, but then I just started to share the experience with "life itself" rather that another person, when I was in awe of the beauty around me I would breath into and increase or blow up the feeling and send or shine it back to nature, this changed how I travelled through life, feelings and experiences are so personal it's hard to share them anyway, I know a couple who travelled to the grand canyon, a dream come true for one of them, he stood in awe looking into it, she said it's just a big hole in the ground I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Love and Light
P

drinty

I'd rather be a Cat.
I used to be like that, but then I just started to share the experience with "life itself" rather that another person, when I was in awe of the beauty around me I would breath into and increase or blow up the feeling and send or shine it back to nature, this changed how I travelled through life, feelings and experiences are so personal it's hard to share them anyway, I know a couple who travelled to the grand canyon, a dream come true for one of them, he stood in awe looking into it, she said it's just a big hole in the ground I don't see what all the fuss is about.
Love and Light
P
I kinda just need the person for moral support, they don't need to talk, I just like the safety of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00