when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by netean, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Blake9

Blake9 Well-Known Member

Going to the city and walking long distances
  2. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina What a wonderful world...

A good, long sleep. Restful sleep is like a long, hot, soapy shower. Everything seems better and brighter afterwards.
    Claudia UK and Blake9 like this.
  3. Claudia UK

Claudia UK Well-Known Member

I agree, a nice hot bath, fresh sheets and a good long sleep to recharge those batteries . You can definitely think a lot better and everything else doesnt looks so sombre :)
    HumanExMachina likes this.
  4. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina What a wonderful world...

A long hot shower, crisp clean sheets, a good book to read as you get sleepy, and then a long, sweet sleep. The perfect storm for feeling better:)
    Petal and Claudia UK like this.
  5. Claudia UK

Claudia UK Well-Known Member

Works for me :)
  6. Williamstuckinarut

Williamstuckinarut SF Supporter

7. SP fan club

SP fan club New Member

music usually works to distract me from how depressed i am and from reality. but not always.
  8. Kira

Kira Can't PM on phone... Sorry :( Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

This has to be one of the most awesome feelings ever! As amazing as going to bed is, when those sheets are clean, crisp and smell o' so fresh, you can't help but feel sooo relaxed! Need to have a shower or bath just before. Why does feeling clean make us so happy? Hmmm
  9. mike37

mike37 Member

A nice cuppa tea.
    Lulabelle likes this.
  10. CHead2000

CHead2000 Well-Known Member

Sleep, Video games, and my dogs. Sometimes my girlfriend, but she typically gets sad when I’m sad, so that doesn’t help.
  11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Improving my physical appearance. Music for sure. Chatting with my friends on here.
    Reaver likes this.
  12. SofiaLisbon

SofiaLisbon Well-Known Member

Jogging, I feel like physical exercise helps. Also eating in an healthy way, things like broccoli, spinach, fruit I feel like it helps a lot.
  13. Sadly for me is alcohol.
  14. Heartwarmer

Heartwarmer Active Member

Sun lamp for these winter months.
  15. MarkahMalady

MarkahMalady Well-Known Member

Also playing outside, hanging out with my cat, reading books, working, cooking with some good music on.
  16. A positive environment where you are able to heal and help you to design a life worth living. Regular exercise , a healthy nutritional plan, along with meditation and group activities help you to overcome depression and feel you better.
  17. Karmitkurmit

Karmitkurmit King of the Hedge SF Supporter

This community of amazing people who have all found each other through the worst times in our lives but have (hopefully) realised that we are not alone. Love to all. X :)
  18. agateaqua

agateaqua Well-Known Member

I'm learning to play electric guitar, it's fun & very meditative. Also running, watching some old series(by the sword divided ,atm youtube), visiting my mom to play some games works wonders:D
  19. Lilyfrog

Lilyfrog Well-Known Member

I am hoping can be a distraction but I enjoy colouring books, card making, general crafts, drawing, designing on laptop. Board games with my son, wood work with him too and cookig and baking and if nothing distracts I try cleaning the house.
    Karmitkurmit likes this.
  20. frostheaved

frostheaved Member

Drinking coffee, spending time with friends, watching anime or reading manga, playing games, going to work, music (sometimes), outdoor activities (most of the time)

When I'm in a tight spot, only things that harm me work to make me "normal" again.