Watching nature programmes
Being out in nature and observing it
Listening to classical music and pianists
Taking a shower, very refreshing
Curling up with a good book
Hanging out with a pet or animal
Having fun with friends and playing games
Watching specific youtubers and youtube videos

The only things i find happiness in is Animals (mainly dogs) taking my dog out for a long walk where its quiet always lifts my mood. The only thing that would make me feel better long term is fixing my problem LOL.

nihilistic

*Music, I truly couldn't live without it.
*My dog.
*Nicotine.
*Cooking or baking.
*My friends.
*My nephews.
*Video games.
*Trees.
*The sky.
*The ocean.
*Probably other things but this is a pretty long list for me.

Morigna

Cuddling with my husband
Eating ice cream
Noticing how pretty the sky is (sometimes my husband has to point it out to bring me out of my fog)
When my students ask good questions
Learning a new word
Bubble baths (if it's a good day. It doesn't break through on bad days)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Food. Plain and simple whether its peas and carrots or cake and pie food always makes a change to my mood for the better.

Long baths. Throw in a bath bomb and relax. Read a magazine in the bath with a cup of hot chocolate and it is bliss.

Zonkers

Holding Rascal, getting kitty hugs and kisses.

Rascal and I have a strong bond with each other. I love it when he just sitting in my lap and I look down at him and he staring up at me with such love in his eyes.

You can't help but feel better when he's around.

I credit my still being alive to not wanting to leave him alone.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Anything at all that distracts my mind away from negativity. Coffee, a tv show, meditation, reading, going to the store and buying something nice, etc. Could be anything, whatever works. But the number one thing that really always resets my brain and clears away all of the stress and negativity, is a couple of hours of sleep. Anywhere from 2 to 4 hours of solid sleep and my brain is wiped clean for a period. With me I think it's a neurological thing, not psychological.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Long, warm bath with Epsom salts, essential oils of sandalwood, orange and amber, candles and soothing music. Sheer bliss.

lalaland

literally nothing coz I am too depressed..

but I guess...
my dogs - they are so fluffy
my favourite food - I love good food
someone gift me a tiffany gold jewellery piece would definitely make me less depressed

I watch a lot of stuff on youtube for this. I tend to binge watch channels I find informative or interesting. It gives me something to think about. Some channels I like for this are:

Vsauce (general science/math/sometimes existential topics)
SciShow (general science topics)
Today I Learned (random facts, often science and history related)
Townsends (18th century American cooking facts and tutorials)
Lofty Pursuits (A shop that shows how they make 19th century hard candy by hand)
TED (TED talks. If you're unfamiliar, they're just 20 minute talks about various personal experience topics)

OR sometimes I end up using youtube to search new music by going on a "related video" spree by picking things I don't know out of the side bar of something I already do know and like.

Basically, it's all just a really easy way to get my mind engaged in something else (and something pleasant) rather than being alone with my thoughts.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00