• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

plates

my thought space
strangely enough, writing a post in the members diary helps me loads, so does this forum. it's not depression it's more anxiety for me. i don't get depressed for long now too much tho'. that and my own great personal resources :cool:
 

JMG

Pink Sponge autumn horse πŸ’–πŸ§½πŸŒžπŸ΄
My down moods (like right now) are pretty down so not much really cheers me up when I feel like that. The thing that keeps me alive through it is usually reminding myself that I don't want to cause my sis any unnecessary pain so I stay for her.
 
Things that make me feel better: listening to music, watching my favourite films, going for long walks, reading a good book.

Things that make me feel life is totally worth living: going on adventures with my sister, helping my mother about the house, hanging with my friends, having debates with my father, helping my grandpa in his garden, and my grandma's home-baked rhubarb pie :) Basically...being with the people who matter to me.

And the therapy and anti-depressants don't hurt ;)
 

varek

Well-Known Member
The last time I was really sad.. I had an argument with my parents and the house was too tense, I had to leave. I went to the pub and had a drink on my own but they were closing up because it was late. I didn't know where to go at first so I just walked. I ended up at the park I used to go to as a kid..

So at midnight I'm here in this park sitting on the swings and swinging my heart out with my headphones in and some mellow music playing.. It was the happiest I've been for as long as I can remember.. I don't even know why but it made me feel so good I can't even describe it.. I was there until 2am just listening to music as loud as it would go and swinging away in the moonlight, it was truly incredible.

I wish I could go back but I moved away now.
 

cashing_out

Well-Known Member
I came into this post late. When I get too bad, I tie flys for fishing, reload ammo for shooting then, I go fishing and hunting. I can stand in a river for hours and not catch a thing.....its ok. I could be in my hunting stand for a day, not see a thing.....its ok. Solitude and a busy mind.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top