• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

when you're depressed what makes you feel better:

Marco

Well-Known Member
Probably it has already been said, anyway, nothing that can actually happen, or that i can make happen with the tools at my disposal.
 

Dae

Well-Known Member
Reading books help me.

The titles i can;t say because they might trigger, or give ideas. But they involve kids who are depressed and more.

They give me hope because well. . . . All the kids in it find hope in romance. It may sound corny and unreal but i look forward to honestly being with someone.
 

Cowburn

Well-Known Member
Talking to someone is the best way of coping, I'm always at my worst when there's no one I feel comfortable talking to.

Getting lost in a music album is another method, just drown away the time with music.
 

BornFree

Well-Known Member
Baking... with music blaring... as a result I have cupcakes, blackberry muffins, apple and balckberry crumble and apple and ginger jam in the kitchen and thats just from yesterday. :rolleyes:
I also love geocaching, and walking by the sea or in the woods... even though its a struggle walking with a stick and the pain searing, being outdoors is so calming especially in summer if the sun is shining. I figure I may as well enjoy walking while I'm still able.
 

ExtraSoap

Well-Known Member
For me, its:
1) Video Games
2) exercise
3) reading
4) intellectual thought (philosopher shtuff :D)
5) not too much alcohol, just enough to lighten my mood. (unless its a party, then go crazy)
6) basically anything to get my mind off of it, go for a drive, etc.
This doenst work in the long term, but in the short term mostly. If you make a habit of it, however, it can work in the long term
 

pbobble

Well-Known Member
Putting on the boxing gloves and sparring, not with anger or self destruction or anything, just for the fun of it. Something about getting a punch in the face makes me forget my shit and feel alive. Maybe its just me
 
Gaming
Fasting
Hiking Out in the Woods
Warm Showers
Drawing
Blogging
Reading
Setting Lame Goals
Being Alone

...

This is the first time I've heard of St. John's Wort. Definitely going to try it out.
 

Lana

Well-Known Member
What usually helps me is:

Getting out of my room/house
Going for a long walk
Watching a movie or TV show
Taking a bath
Writting
Listening to music and playing online games
Seeing friends
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top