Well I've been hiding the fact that I depressed for a long time now. So the things that have been helping me get through the days are:
*Video games sometime help, but sometimes they can make it even worse.
*Jamison Irish Whiskey, not to be taken in excess, but the smooth taste of it along with the warm sensation it leaves behind really helps me calm down at night.
*My children when there asleep, the few times that they take a nap at the same time leaving the house quiet for at least 30 min, that's the best
*My wife, when she's at home, and we get to spend time together
*At one time the military was a major encouragement to me, but now that I'm being forced out it makes me down thinking about it.
Well those are the biggest things that I can think of off the top of my head...