Wishing that I was dead

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rockclimbinggirl, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am wishing that I had a way to end this all. I know that suicide isn't the answer but I really don't know what else to do.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Do you want to talk about it hun?

Are you starting therapy with your new therapist soon?

Please do try to hold on, I know it is tough right now, I understand that, but please do try to hang in there. *hugs*

3. Rockclimbinggirl

I am on a 3 month wait list for trauma counselling. But in the meantime I am starting short term counselling, hopefully at the end of next week.

I guess I am just getting impatient and feeling like a failure.

4. ThePhantomLady

You are no failure! You have been through a lot, and look at you, doing all the right things by getting help!

*hugs*

CoolGoat995 likes this.
  5. Rockclimbinggirl

Yeah I guess I really shouldn't compare myself to others. But I can't help it, I've had to drop a bunch of courses this past semester and now everyone else in my program will be a 3rd year, while I will still be a 2nd year.

They are also working, while I should be looking for summer jobs.

6. ThePhantomLady

You said it yourself hun, you can't compare yourself to others. No one has the same backstory, and hey, so what if you are a year behind, you are still doing it. It's very understandable, and actually I'm proud of you for studying at all. You're doing great hun.

7. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Awe Rocky, I'm sorry you feel so bad :( hang in there my friend.....these feelings will pass. I know you'll get better.
    Hugs
    Brian

8. CoolGoat995

CoolGoat995 Member

You are not a failure! Staying back a year, being jobless, these things don't make you worthless! You are a goodhearted friendly person which is much more important! Right? I don't have a job either but hey, I'm not hurting anyone, and that's better than many evil people who call themselves "human". People judge others based on all kinds of ridiculous "surface" things, but as @ThePhantomLady says, no one has the same backstory.

Let us know how the short term counselling goes, good luck with everything!

lightning05 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.