A view on the dark side of the collective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
your contributions to this site are fantastic Aquarius!

and the poem by SonjaRot was really good! it made me think. i tend to keep a bubble around myself and don't worry about bad things in the world ... i've done some things to help, like being on this site and some activism, but mostly have focused on myself and my family. if you can at least focus on your family, that's great, but some people don't have a family they can rely on! i guess volunteering is another way to help - helping one person at a time can mean something. hmmm ... got me thinking!
Thank you, dear Friend. Yes, Sonja's poem is excellent. For those who have not got an immediate family of their own I recommend looking at the whole of humankind as their spiritual family, because that's we all truly are to each other. And then get to work and doing what they can to help THAT family in some way. That's what I have been trying to do since my children had grown up and flown the nest, many years ago. I have always been very much a family person and find this most satisfying. God bless and take care. With love - Aquarius :)

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Thank you, dear Friend. Yes, Sonja's poem is excellent. For those who have not got an immediate family of their own I recommend looking at the whole of humankind as their spiritual family, because that's we all truly are to each other. And then get to work and doing what they can to help THAT family in some way. That's what I have been trying to do since my children had grown up and flown the nest, many years ago. I have always been very much a family person and find this most satisfying. God bless and take care. With love - Aquarius :)
The problem is that with fear everywhere it’s so much easier to see the other as the enemy. Divide and conquer is the order of the day. I’m guilty of it myself at times when I’m fearful (which is often).

For example, at this time of year my area is completely overrun by tourists. Houses around me that are usually empty fill up and it gets noisy and busy. My social anxiety goes through the roof and I get angry and hateful. The other day I could hear a man talking to his children and I was annoyed as usual because they were right near my bedroom. But for once I actually tuned in to what he was saying and he sounded like such a kind man that I felt silly hating him.

Don’t get me wrong though @Aquarius123, I love what you’ve written here and it’s relevant to me on a few levels. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$455.00
Goal
$255.00