1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A view on the dark side of the collective.

Discussion in 'Opinions, Beliefs, & Points of View' started by SonjaRot, Jan 8, 2018.

1. SonjaRot

SonjaRot Well-Known Member

Thank you :)

2. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

This is my favourite thread on the whole forum :) I get a bit excited when I see it appear on the “New Posts” list, haha.

3. SonjaRot

SonjaRot Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you so much... I'm having a shit day, so thank you so much for these words, brought a smile to my face. Stay awesome!

gypsylee likes this.
  4. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Well that puts a smile on my face.. It’s a snowball effect! :D

5. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Thank you, dear Friend. Yes, Sonja's poem is excellent. For those who have not got an immediate family of their own I recommend looking at the whole of humankind as their spiritual family, because that's we all truly are to each other. And then get to work and doing what they can to help THAT family in some way. That's what I have been trying to do since my children had grown up and flown the nest, many years ago. I have always been very much a family person and find this most satisfying. God bless and take care. With love - Aquarius :)

6. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

The problem is that with fear everywhere it’s so much easier to see the other as the enemy. Divide and conquer is the order of the day. I’m guilty of it myself at times when I’m fearful (which is often).

For example, at this time of year my area is completely overrun by tourists. Houses around me that are usually empty fill up and it gets noisy and busy. My social anxiety goes through the roof and I get angry and hateful. The other day I could hear a man talking to his children and I was annoyed as usual because they were right near my bedroom. But for once I actually tuned in to what he was saying and he sounded like such a kind man that I felt silly hating him.

Don’t get me wrong though @Aquarius123, I love what you’ve written here and it’s relevant to me on a few levels. Thanks.