• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

BPD Support Thread

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
How does anyone handle doing this thing called life?
Isn't that the real question?

Things happen that freak me out that don't freak out other people due to the things that happened to me as a child and the resultant Borderline business.

I'm better with age (cough, cough) as I can catch myself having what I call a "borderline attack" these days.

But still any rejection either real or perceived is so difficult to handle.

I've been in therapy for like ever for this and I don't figure I'll stop until she retires. Therapy I think is key to process and work things out, but not everyone has that option.

Be well.

Aves

How does anyone handle doing this thing called life?
I wish I could give you a definitive answer but I’m still figuring it out lol.
Some days I feel like I’m managing it better than others but most of the time I’m just so overwhelmed by life.
As plain as it sounds, I just try to take everything step by step and break things down as much as I can in order to help make them not so overwhelming.

Witty⭐️Sarcasm🐒

Race towards an early grave
SF Supporter
Why do people think it's preferable to ghost me, even knowing I have abandonment issues, and it makes it harder to trust people in the future? I'd rather have them tell me the reason, like "Hey I think you're a dumb bitch and I'm done with you", instead of disappearing off the face of the earth and making me wonder why I was never good enough.

Witty⭐️Sarcasm🐒

SF Supporter
Is there a term that describes how a person, a family member, can put up a kind of narrier or boundary for their loved one who has BPD?
I become manipulated by them at times but I love them dearly.
I just try to act like it doesn't bother me, even when it does. I stay quiet mostly when my mom antagonizes me. She's not BPD though, more than likely narcissistic, but it still may work.

You can still love someone, but refuse to tolerate any behavior that harms you.

seabird

meandering home 🦢☔️
SF Supporter
That is what's happening but I didn't have the word for it until you wrote that. This person doesn't yell at me but does say things which antagonize. They want something from me but won't come out & say what it is. They apologize for being needy. When I ask them what they need or want they don't respond. I feel like I am drawn into a game which I don't want to play.
Anyway.

Witty; thanks: I think being non-reactive is going to help.

Witty⭐️Sarcasm🐒

SF Supporter
That is what's happening but I didn't have the word for it until you wrote that. This person doesn't yell at me but does say things which antagonize. They want something from me but won't come out & say what it is. They apologize for being needy. When I ask them what they need or want they don't respond. I feel like I am drawn into a game which I don't want to play.
Anyway.

Witty; thanks: I think being non-reactive is going to help.
My mom yells and also does things to upset me. Then she'll act like it's no big deal. I can relate to your situation and understand why it's so difficult to cope with. You don't need to be drawn into that drama.

seabird

meandering home 🦢☔️
SF Supporter
My mom yells and also does things to upset me. Then she'll act like it's no big deal. I can relate to your situation and understand why it's so difficult to cope with. You don't need to be drawn into that drama.
Yeah exactly; it isn't logical or helpful in any way so I get frustrated becauase I can't understand this, I mean their kind of communication.

I've already over done repeating myself so the only step I can take that's any different is, like you said, to not react.

I wish you could be free of being antagonized & yelled at Witty. I'm glad you're here. It's good to hear your voice & wisdom in your words.
:)

Witty⭐️Sarcasm🐒

SF Supporter
Yeah exactly; it isn't logical or helpful in any way so I get frustrated becauase I can't understand this, I mean their kind of communication.

I've already over done repeating myself so the only step I can take that's any different is, like you said, to not react.

I wish you could be free of being antagonized & yelled at Witty. I'm glad you're here. It's good to hear your voice & wisdom in your words.
:)
Thank you so much <3 I'm glad you're here, too.

seabird

meandering home 🦢☔️
SF Supporter
the book nonviolent communication but maybe that would help. Learning to communicate and keep your boundaries and being okay with their frustration. It's on my to read list.
I'll look at getting that at the library if possible. Thank you. That reminds me I have On Dialogue, by David Bohm.
Though it is not about dealing with someone with BPD, it might have some bearing, some communication ideas which could be applicable.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I just try to act like it doesn't bother me, even when it does. I stay quiet mostly when my mom antagonizes me. She's not BPD though, more than likely narcissistic, but it still may work.

You can still love someone, but refuse to tolerate any behavior that harms you.
From what I know about her, I'd say almost definitely narcissistic. Just like mine.

Aurelia

🔥 A Fire Inside 🔥
SF Supporter
I'd been wondering if having both BPD and PTSD meant that I have C-PTSD...and after realizing I have all 17 listed symptoms, I think it's safe to assume that the answer to that is a resounding "Yes".

I've also been having hallucinations, both auditory and visual.

And dissociative symptoms.

I remember writing posts on here about how surprised I was that I didn't have any psychotic symptoms considering everything I'd been through.

"Well, here you go," said Life.

Witty⭐️Sarcasm🐒

SF Supporter
I'd been wondering if having both BPD and PTSD meant that I have C-PTSD...and after realizing I have all 17 listed symptoms, I think it's safe to assume that the answer to that is a resounding "Yes".

I've also been having hallucinations, both auditory and visual.

And dissociative symptoms.

I remember writing posts on here about how surprised I was that I didn't have any psychotic symptoms considering everything I'd been through.

"Well, here you go," said Life.
My therapist didn't think I have it, but I feel like I do.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$125.00
Goal
$255.00