BPD Support Thread

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Good, that’s why I sent you the invite and was hoping that that was ok. I thought you would probably appreciate it like I do, it’s just a bit of a release isn’t it? I get so caught up in it all that just having a bit of a laugh at my own expense kind of helps sometimes if that makes sense?
Yeah, I get that. I've been using humor as a way to deal with things for a long time.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
I'm starting to think that even some people who have it don't get it. I was told to think of others who have it worse than me. I was also asked why I should care so much about what people think of me, when that's the core of developing my identity. Makes me not want to share anymore.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
On the ASD assessment? She hasn’t fully finished it yet, the last time I spoke to her about it she said she just wanted to add some things to it that she thought were relevant. I don’t want to sound horrible because I know she’s horrendously busy like all mental health nurses but she can be a bit unreliable at times. I’m in Chorley, I heard the best mental health services in the uk is Northumbria apparently. It’s certainly not here lol.
Lol definitely not. I was asking cuz was wondering if they offer SCM elsewhere too which obviously they do. Shane we don't live there.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Yeah I think they’re trying to introduce it all round the U.K. I got the impression from my cpn that it was trialled in Northumbria and then it’s been “released” to other areas because of its success rate.
Oh that's interesting. They like it from my research because it's basically a cheaper for them version of DBT. From what I've understood about SCM it's actually really similar, primarily without the client coaching calls, and without the team meetings. But the essence of 1 to 1 meeting and then group for a year with 2 rounds of 6 months to do the same topics twice is the same.

Innocent Forever

🐒🥜🍌
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Apparently I can't poke any fun at my symptoms. If I couldn't laugh at things, I would have been dead a long time ago.
Why can't you poke fun at it?
I find that my humour only works in some places. Some people take me seriously and get insulted or hurt. In those places I can't. Other people appreciate the humour. Find the places/ spaces where you can... it can also take people getting to know you. Like on instagram there is one person whose posts I'll usually comment on with humour because she knows I'm kidding. Before she knew me she could have been hurt.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
Why can't you poke fun at it?
I find that my humour only works in some places. Some people take me seriously and get insulted or hurt. In those places I can't. Other people appreciate the humour. Find the places/ spaces where you can... it can also take people getting to know you. Like on instagram there is one person whose posts I'll usually comment on with humour because she knows I'm kidding. Before she knew me she could have been hurt.
Some people with BPD think I'm not taking things seriously enough. I'd rather be able to find something to laugh about than succumb to the darkness.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Some people with BPD think I'm not taking things seriously enough. I'd rather be able to find something to laugh about than succumb to the darkness.
"Not taking things seriously enough"? That's just bollocks, the wonders humour can create. Not so long ago I emailed a pal I hadn't heard from for several days. Opening line was "Hey how's it going? I'm still alive, how about you?"

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
"Not taking things seriously enough"? That's just bollocks, the wonders humour can create. Not so long ago I emailed a pal I hadn't heard from for several days. Opening line was "Hey how's it going? I'm still alive, how about you?"
It was a picture about waking up every day to do the same thing. At this point, I can only laugh at it. I think the joke with your friend was funny. Some people just take things too seriously.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
It was a picture about waking up every day to do the same thing. At this point, I can only laugh at it. I think the joke with your friend was funny. Some people just take things too seriously.
The benefits of possessing a sardonic sense of humour. In the face of adversity or experiencing a dark moment lies a gag just waiting to be discovered.

Aves

Oh that's interesting. They like it from my research because it's basically a cheaper for them version of DBT. From what I've understood about SCM it's actually really similar, primarily without the client coaching calls, and without the team meetings. But the essence of 1 to 1 meeting and then group for a year with 2 rounds of 6 months to do the same topics twice is the same.
Ah right, it is a very interesting concept and I’m still trying to get my head round it all lol. I can’t believe they’ve offered it to me if I’m being honest lol, after feeling like I’ve been ignored by mental health services for so many years.

Aves

Apparently I can't poke any fun at my symptoms. If I couldn't laugh at things, I would have been dead a long time ago.
The funny thing is, the person who made that comment liked your post but then they made out like it wasn’t something to laugh at so either they were just being odd or they didn’t mean what they said in a negative way 🤷🏻‍♀️ Poke away, I’m always taking the piss out of myself lol. I feel like it takes some of the power from my difficulties, and therefore a little easier to deal with. The other day, I was trying to control an urge to punch myself in front of my husband which led to me kind of standing in a really weird position and clenching my whole body which just looked really stupid. My husband and I just started laughing because it was so ridiculous, I think sometimes it can help to have a sense of humour about bpd (or any kind of mental illness tbh). Life is too hard to take everything so seriously.

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
The funny thing is, the person who made that comment liked your post but then they made out like it wasn’t something to laugh at so either they were just being odd or they didn’t mean what they said in a negative way 🤷🏻‍♀️ Poke away, I’m always taking the piss out of myself lol. I feel like it takes some of the power from my difficulties, and therefore a little easier to deal with. The other day, I was trying to control an urge to punch myself in front of my husband which led to me kind of standing in a really weird position and clenching my whole body which just looked really stupid. My husband and I just started laughing because it was so ridiculous, I think sometimes it can help to have a sense of humour about bpd (or any kind of mental illness tbh). Life is too hard to take everything so seriously.
Lol yeah, I get like that too. I'm used to people being offended by it. There's a "wave" thing on Facebook chat, and I used it in a chat with my friend. It was like "Click on the hand while speaking". And he was like, "Yeah there's lots of people here". Then I was saying that it's all my personalities, and he said it's all the people in our heads. Some people would be upset by that, but I find it funny.

Aves

Lol yeah, I get like that too. I'm used to people being offended by it. There's a "wave" thing on Facebook chat, and I used it in a chat with my friend. It was like "Click on the hand while speaking". And he was like, "Yeah there's lots of people here". Then I was saying that it's all my personalities, and he said it's all the people in our heads. Some people would be upset by that, but I find it funny.
Yeah we all find different things funny, sometimes we get way too worked up about certain stuff. Like yeah there are particular things that I don’t think should be joked about but that meme page is a fucking meme page so it does annoy me a bit when people get so touchy about stuff. It’s not meant to be serious, and like I said the other day, there are some things on there that I don’t find funny so I just keep scrolling and don’t react to them. If I thought something was really offensive then I would report it.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00