• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Exercise club

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Phew! First in a couple of weeks after being too busy and also my weird knee issue last week. Knee still a bit funny but it seemed to be more when going up steps/stretching than actually running. It held up for 4 miles, by which time it was pitch dark. Not sure how much I'll get out over Christmas hols so will just get in anything I can when possible, better than nothing at all! About to have shower and rub diclofenac gel on my knee just in case there's any inflammation - it felt iffy, but not too painful during the run.
 

AvidFan

Retired Cat Staff
SF Supporter
Just did a slow gentle 5k as it was getting dark. Took it easy as after last run I had one weird hip spasm that was utter agony - but only happened the once getting up from the sofa πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ No pain during either run. I think I might have over strained the hip stretching in the cold so I missed the hip flexor thinggies out today and it hopefully won't happen again!
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
yoga, and a core workout

hip flexors can be weird @AvidFan . I had a lot of trouble and then had my feet worked on by a good podiatrist, and that fixed the hip flexor. lol Everything's connected, and I'm just glad for the healing touch of the podiatrist. It was nice too because she took a look at my choice of running shoes and approved them. :)
 

Keeno

Well-Known Member
Managed to do 5 min's on the Speedball (to help with my coordination) which is crap but considering whats happened to me and how fast i hit, for a 15 stone man, its not that bad, I think the smell of piss in the street earlier on did me some good 😁 I still can't type for very long though.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
I have pland to do planks but keep neglecting to get as far as getting down to try. Maybe I need a New Year resolution thinggy to keep trying πŸ€”
πŸ€“ A while back a coach told me that planks and some other core exercises could help my running and might prevent my little pains from turning into injuries. Not that it's fun, though I'm glad I feel a bit stronger now. And much less issue with hip flexor after a run, since making myself do core 2x a week.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$255.00
Top