How to sprinkle colour on a gray life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I haven't tried writing a thread before so not sure if I'm doing it right, but I hope I'm expressing myself so that you can somehow understand what I mean. :)

I've had negative emotions for many years, which have worked out fine, but I suppose the last couple of years have been quite trying in this aspect. Somehow everything I do in life feels gray and dull. Not much interests me. The education I'm taking is boring and so is the jobs I've had. There isn't really anything else I want to do, everything I can think of doing for the rest of my life seem so uninteresting and boring. I don't particularly feel happy being with most of my friends and I don't like to be with my family either. Things I once felt at least some joy in doing doesn't really spark any emotions at all. I never get angry either. Everything just feels kind of heavy and I don't have any motivation towards anything but doing nothing feels just as awful.

Well I'm not really sure where I'm going with all this but I guess I really wish there was something I could burn with passion about. It's not that I've particularly given up on life but it seems as if life doesn't really have anything in store for me - not trying to be poetic or anything.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If you don't mind I'd like to hear some of the things that you are passionate about, no matter how small or major a thing.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hmmmm good question, I am passionate about losing weight, passionate about exercising (just walking), passionate about spending time with my mom. I really should have more things to be passionate about but right now I don't except for trying to help others out of the rut they may find themselves in. Helping others helps me. I hope you begin to feel better soon :)

panicbutton

This may sound cliché but hear me out. It seems like maybe breaking up the monotony might be something that could help. It isnt uncommon from myself and reading what others say to end up feeling in a rut. I usually let it sit for a week or two before I force myself to do something I know is fun. Occasionally just saying yes to a request to do something new can break me out, even if it's just a little.

As for the question, gaming, painting, sketching, anything craft related usually gets me pretty excited.

Butterfly

Sim Addict
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
I am having struggles at the moment with feeling like my life is empty, so I am making it my goal to try out new things. I am going to start by going swimming every Thursday and I am interested in meditation. I think if you try new things, you may find that your life isn't as boring as it is now. Maybe do something that you wouldn't normally do. You may be surprised and enjoy it :)

Hmmmm good question, I am passionate about losing weight, passionate about exercising (just walking), passionate about spending time with my mom. I really should have more things to be passionate about but right now I don't except for trying to help others out of the rut they may find themselves in. Helping others helps me. I hope you begin to feel better soon :)
Thank you. I'm glad that there are people like you in the world:) I also used to do a lot of different kinds of training but now I have back pain unfortunately so I don't do it very often anymore, but used to love it!

My fitness goals; I'm almost certain that I want to pursue a career in that regard. I'm obsessed.
I admire that. Achieving fitness goals usually requires a lot of self-decipline and determination but that you love doing it and don't see it as a chore is amazing. I once felt the same but those times are looong gone - now I struggle to keep myself from eating too much cake...:D

This may sound cliché but hear me out. It seems like maybe breaking up the monotony might be something that could help. It isnt uncommon from myself and reading what others say to end up feeling in a rut. I usually let it sit for a week or two before I force myself to do something I know is fun. Occasionally just saying yes to a request to do something new can break me out, even if it's just a little.

As for the question, gaming, painting, sketching, anything craft related usually gets me pretty excited.
I think you are right about doing different stuff to break out of a monotonic lifestyle and I also try to do this quite often. It does help a bit sometimes but it never last very long for some reason. But I think it's awesome that you're so creative. I've tried drawing/sketching before and it's quite nice and calming. I've also tried a bit of gaming however the games I've tried weren't very interesting so I never stuck to it. But it might be a good idea to try to buy a game to pass the time. I've heard about this one game from some friends that supposedly is quite fun:)

I am having struggles at the moment with feeling like my life is empty, so I am making it my goal to try out new things. I am going to start by going swimming every Thursday and I am interested in meditation. I think if you try new things, you may find that your life isn't as boring as it is now. Maybe do something that you wouldn't normally do. You may be surprised and enjoy it :)
I haven't thought about swimming before that actually sounds pretty fun. Now that I think about it I would really like to try ice skating too - not sure how swimming got me thinking about that one though... Thanks for the ideas:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00