I’ve still been having horrific trouble sleeping. As I believe I said on a post elsewhere on the site, it started getting worse when I had some kind of respiratory virus at the beginning of July. Since then, I basically always wake up in the middle of my sleep, and sometimes I also have trouble sleeping and lie there for hours. I do have sleep apnea and have been too scared to use a CPAP, but this is a sudden change that I don’t think boils down to only my sleep apnea.
I’ve been trying to fix a few unhealthy habits, like staying in bed with my laptop while I’m awake, and my psychiatrist prescribed me trazodone, which only seems to work sometimes. Something that makes it difficult is that I work night shifts, so I hear the sounds of everyone else in my building going about their days, plus it’s light out. The building’s laundry room is right behind my bedroom, so that can get loud sometimes.
I really like to go out to the pub to watch Tottenham matches with my local supporters club, but a lot of the scheduled times for eastern US are not great for night shifters. A lot of them are at 12:30 PM, which is kinda late for me to stay awake the whole match but not really enough time for me to go home and sleep before I have to catch the bus to the pub. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to go tomorrow (one of the dreaded 12:30 matches) even though it’s their first match of the season, just because I got so little sleep today and am worried about getting sick.