Ideas & Opinions January Edition - Maintain weight, healthy eating, get fit, join us, everyone is welcome :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So its the New Year, (well in some areas of the world right now) but none the less, welcome to the January Edition of the healthy eating, lose, gain, get fit thread.

What goals do you have for the coming year? How do you plan to achieve them? Do you have any cool tips that could help us? If so tell us all about your plans, how to achieve them and tips and tricks.

Its a new year, so a fresh start for us all. How would you feel about sharing your story with us all to inspire or encourage or to seek advice here?

Post your goals and get support, post your story and how you got to be at X stage? We're here to support and help one another.

Lets kick this off... 🥗🍦🚲🤞🍖

Brân

i don't like me either
Admin
SF Supporter
I actually intend to increase weight and maintain that and I'm using the Veganuary challenge as a way to introduce food back into my life.

I'll be honest, I've usually hidden any weight loss related posts from my feed as I found them triggering, but I think sharing healthy weight loss tips and encouraging a healthy body might actually be good for me. Thank you for the tag :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I actually intend to increase weight and maintain that and I'm using the Veganuary challenge as a way to introduce food back into my life.

I'll be honest, I've usually hidden any weight loss related posts from my feed as I found them triggering, but I think sharing healthy weight loss tips and encouraging a healthy body might actually be good for me. Thank you for the tag :)
Hiya, of course hun - I know some will want to gain, I intentionally included that in my post *hug Didn't want to leave anyone out no matter what their goals are.

I wish you the best of luck with your challenge, it could prove very rewarding for you, lets hope we get a lot of healthy tips. We all have our own separate battles and journeys - let's do this!! *hi5

Sleeper71

I wish I could cut the alcohol out of my life. I work out everyday and if I’m not drinking the weight comes off quickly. But I’m finding it incredibly hard to stop the alcohol especially at night when my anxiety is at its worse and none of the prescribed meds seem to work.

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag @Petal. I lost over 25 pounds as a result of health issues/loss of appetite the past couple of years. I have happily gained back 15 pounds of it and am not wanting to gain any further so I do need to strongly alter some of my choices from this point. Along with healthy food choices I have leaned towards heavier than normal carbs to accomplish some pounds and now have to stop that behavior....it is apparent that the carbs are what gave me most of the weight gain.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I definitely need to.
I think you should make that your #1 priority for the new year, we will be here to support you every step of the way. Are there any AA meetings where you live? You can do damage to your liver and we do not want that for you, you're a good person *hug

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My goals are pretty much the same. I want to be consistent with my workouts, especially strength training. I also need to drink more water. I think I am going to download a hydration app. I've had success using an app. I just don't like the constant going to the bathroom.
Yeah... that is the downside to lots of water but I think the pros outweigh the cons :)

May I ask, how much exercise do you do daily/weekly?

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thank you for the tag @Petal. I lost over 25 pounds as a result of health issues/loss of appetite the past couple of years. I have happily gained back 15 pounds of it and am not wanting to gain any further so I do need to strongly alter some of my choices from this point. Along with healthy food choices I have leaned towards heavier than normal carbs to accomplish some pounds and now have to stop that behavior....it is apparent that the carbs are what gave me most of the weight gain.
So I take it you are in maintenance mode? Check out your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure ), that will help you figure out how many calories you need to maintain, it only takes 30 seconds, click on this https://tdeecalculator.net/

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Being healthier drinking more water than diet pop and that includes cutting down on social media and internet useage and focusing more on figuring out why I am sleeping all of my free time away between work hours. Give the cpap machine another shot. Getting myself financially healthy again now that i have two big loans over my head.

Physically getting more trim and toned is my objective of living well.

Cheers and Happy 2020 to everyone.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00