Ideas & Opinions January Edition - Maintain weight, healthy eating, get fit, join us, everyone is welcome :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I suppose for 2020 fitness goals are not changing too much from what they have been the last few months.
Situps every day
Tennis 1-2x / week
Long walk/run 1x / week
bonus: Maybe think about adjusting types of food eaten but not sure I will have energy for that.
I wish you the best of luck with your goals, keep up the good work, tennis is enjoyable for sure and you need a little enjoyment if you want to succeed :)

Livelife

SF Supporter
After all this talk about needing to quit drinking here I am sitting at a bar downing my second and I’ve only been here a short time. I feel like a hypocrite. I guess my 2020 sobriety will have to wait a little while longer.
Tomorrow is a new day Sleeper, you can start then. Or next week. Or next month. You get to decide. Stay safe, that's all.

Livelife

SF Supporter
No - you are not a hypocrite, you're in the midst of addiction and addiction to anything can make our emotions and feelings even worse and more dire, you have the chance to beat this addiction, I think what ''they say'' is true, that you first must admit your addiction and move forward from there. In my life I have been addicted to a few different things, I know how hard it is so you won't be getting any criticism from me however if you need support SF is here for you whether you want to give up alcohol tomorrow or next month.

I really feel for you, addiction is brutal and even worse when mixed in and tied with depression and other mental ailments. I think you should start a thread in the substance abuse forum there, just for this issue, that is what I did starting December and now I'm a full month off the ciggies, go for it and never look back :) Support is our specialty *hug
Yes to no criticism, just honesty and support*console
That's a great idea for a thread*thumbsup

kat319

SF Supporter
Yeah... that is the downside to lots of water but I think the pros outweigh the cons :)

May I ask, how much exercise do you do daily/weekly?
The cons are that I have an aversion to public restrooms. In fact, I do not like to use the bathroom anywhere but home. *help

Exercise depends. Usually 20 - 30 minutes. Sometimes 60 minutes (30 mins cardio + 30 mins. weights). I try to get in 5 days of exercise a week.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I don't weigh myself often because it sets me off track, I would say the last time I was weighed was in October or November - I got weighed today and have lost 15lbs. I am so super proud of myself. I am not restricting, i'm eating what I want when i want, even adding a little junk food in, just cutting down a bit on portion sizes.

Livelife

SF Supporter
I don't weigh myself often because it sets me off track, I would say the last time I was weighed was in October or November - I got weighed today and have lost 15lbs. I am so super proud of myself. I am not restricting, i'm eating what I want when i want, even adding a little junk food in, just cutting down a bit on portion sizes.
That's really really great Petal... you figured out what works for you!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That's really really great Petal... you figured out what works for you!
Thanks so much, yes, when I started with smaller portions I realised I was over eating all the time before especially PASTA *hysterical ;)

But seriously, i'm so happy with my progress and i'm doing exercise every single day now, i am so happy with my results, i got a bit of beginners new year luck :)

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
I actually intend to increase weight and maintain that and I'm using the Veganuary challenge as a way to introduce food back into my life.

I'll be honest, I've usually hidden any weight loss related posts from my feed as I found them triggering, but I think sharing healthy weight loss tips and encouraging a healthy body might actually be good for me. Thank you for the tag :)
good for you Lux! Im so proud of you and I know you can do it!

LostGirl22

To live would be an awfully big adventure
Thanks for the tag @Petal *hug and happy new year everyone!

Right now I'm still trying to recover slowly. I'm currently at my highest weight and finally at a normal BMI again which can be triggering. Right now I'm hoping to stay on that healthy BMI - but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to lose more weight - and hopefully stay toned. I'm planning on becoming a pescatarian again slowly and cutting out the my caffeine addiction (been drinking at least 3 cups every afternoon it's really bad) and drinking more green tea or water. Im also trying to cut out dairy because I tend to get more acne if I drink a lot of milk.

Honestly I've been having a healthier mindset in regards to my body and I don't know whether to laugh or cry about my current weight. I want to be positive about it since it's a new year. Good luck everyone and I'm sure we can all achieve our goals this year! *grouphug

Livelife

SF Supporter
Thanks so much, yes, when I started with smaller portions I realised I was over eating all the time before especially PASTA *hysterical;)

But seriously, i'm so happy with my progress and i'm doing exercise every single day now, i am so happy with my results, i got a bit of beginners new year luck :)
*hysterical the P word.. :) ....ok I'll go with a little good luck as long as acknowledging the work and committment that has gone along with it...;)

kat319

SF Supporter
So we're 4 days into the new year (day 5 if you're down under), how is everyone doing with their goals and resolutions so far?

@Ash600 @Lux @kat319 @Angel Selene @DrownedFishOnFire @BarryW @pushing1through @Sleeper71

I haven't done any exercise. I've been stretching.
I have been eating well. I am hoping eating lots of fruits and veggies will help boost my energy level so I can get back to working out.
I have been drinking more water. Yay! I downloaded a hydration app so I get periodic reminders to take a sip or two. It is helping. I am agonizing right now because I am going out in a few and I know I am going to have to go (to a public restroom -- eek!) before I am able to get home.

I look forward to reading other updates. We can do this!

BlueGreen

If I write about how well I'm doing I will immediately sabotage myself and I have done just that. Completely gone back to bad habits so if I admit it here maybe I will get back on track. (Trying reverse psychology to see it that works!)

Brân

i don't like me either
Admin
SF Supporter
So far I've managed to eat between 500-1000 calories a day (which is a great improvement for me). I had some struggles on day 2 where I worked myself out into minus calories due to some stress, but pulled it back later in the evening with a help of a friend's cooking :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
If I write about how well I'm doing I will immediately sabotage myself and I have done just that. Completely gone back to bad habits so if I admit it here maybe I will get back on track. (Trying reverse psychology to see it that works!)
That is similar to me and weighing scales, if I see I have lost weight that I'm happy with, i immediately go off track and think ''well, one Chinese won't hurt'' and it keeps spiraling down so now I rarely weigh myself, like once every couple of months but I'm trying to fix that issue. Reverse psychology might help me too lol

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$130.00
Goal
$255.00