Jim's Café - 13th of September

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hello, good morning, good evening, SF folk! *stars How are you doing today? Like or dislike Mondays?
I hope it's a good one for you!

I won't be too long, I just got inspired by some of today's celebrations around the world :

1. Fortune Cookie Day : What's your word of wisdom of the day? Write your own fortune cookie for SF members!​
2. Supernatural Day and Defy Superstition Day : How do you define "supernatural"? Do you believe in anything supernatural? Do you believe in any superstitions? Share your stories!​
3. Read A New Book Month : Are you reading anything at the moment? Would you like to start?​
4. Positive Thinking Day : Share your positive thought of the day. What simple things are you grateful for or happy about right now?​
5. Friendship Month : Tell your friend(s) how much they mean to you, send them a message, spread some sunshine. :)

It is also Happy Cat Month, so I invited a few fluffy friends to the Café...

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
*grouphug2

Hi @JMG . Just taking the time to wish a happy belated birthday to the Star Lady of SF. I hope you had a wonderful day and that this week is even better! You're amazing! ♡

Hi @Aurelia . Wanted to say that I generally read all your posts (even the long ones) and that I'm very proud and happy for you! ♡

Hi @Butterfly . I know you're having a really hard time, so I just wanted to remind you that lots of people on SF care about you, and I hope things get easier very soon. You are strong. ♡

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you @Auri for the cafe *hug

1. Fortune Cookie Day : What's your word of wisdom of the day? Write your own fortune cookie for SF members!

Wisdom: Stupid people are like programming errors, annoying, always screwing things up, and cant tell when your argument makes sense.

Fortune Cookie:
It can take only 1 loose thread to ruin a tapestry, and 1 well placed thread to hold a seam together.

Funny Fortune Cookie: You can kill a fly with a bazooka, but you will make him a hero.

2. Supernatural Day and Defy Superstition Day :
How do you define "supernatural"?
Something not readily explainable my available understanding of science, or something you believe exists outside of conventional science.

Do you believe in anything supernatural?
There is a road where, even if the road is empty the entire way, there will ALWAYS be a car coming around the blind corner half way down.

Never fails, its uncanny :P

Do you believe in any superstitions?
Computers DO hate me, which sucks as I am a IT tech.

Share your stories!
I dont like sharing genuine stories to groups, too many people to disbelieve me at once :P

3. Read A New Book Month : Are you reading anything at the moment? Would you like to start?
I have quite the reading list now, I just cant seem to find the time.

4. Positive Thinking Day : Share your positive thought of the day. What simple things are you grateful for or happy about right now?
I love my girlfriend *stars

5. Friendship Month : Tell your friend(s) how much they mean to you, send them a message, spread some sunshine. :)
Done

Lane

SF Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you for opening and tagging me @Auri. My friends here mean a lot, SF as a whole means a lot to me. *grouphug2

My fortune cookie fortune would be to appreciate your friend and family connections.

Monday is my busy day as I work then have my art studio from 6-9 pm but appreciate the chance to say hello and hope you are doing ok today.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hello everyone :)
Thanks for the tag @Auri *hug

Fortune Cookie
Don't sunbathe without suntan lotion. It hurts and you look like a ridiculous peeling lobster.

Supernatural / Superstition Day
I'm generally not superstitious apart from when it comes to magpies. If I see a lone magpie I have to salute him and say "Good morning / afternoon Mr Magpie - how's your lady wife today?" and then kiss the back of my hand.
I know it's stupid but I worry if I don't do it so have been known to totally embarrass myself doing it in front of someone *shy

Read a new book month
I would always have at least two books on the go at any one time in the past but haven't been able to concentrate long enough for over four years. Being on holiday I've decided to give it another go so am trying to read The Handmaid's Tale. It's taken me a week so far and I'm only a few pages in. Maybe I should have started with something lighter..

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Being on holiday I've decided to give it another go so am trying to read The Handmaid's Tale. It's taken me a week so far and I'm only a few pages in. Maybe I should have started with something lighter..
Ah ^^ I wouldn't necessarily recommend that book for the beach either, you're brave. :D To be honest I thought the writing style was particularly annoying. The TV series is certainly brilliant though!
Hope you enjoy your next book better. :)

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
Thanks for inviting me to the cafe @Auri

Doing pretty well today 👍

I don't feel one way or another about Mondays, as I am in retail management and usually have Mondays off!

1. Fortune Cookie Day : What's your word of wisdom of the day? Write your own fortune cookie for SF members!

1. Don't let anyone rent space in your head.
2. Don't cheat on your partner, emotionally or otherwise. If you aren't happy in your relationship, you need to either address the problems or END IT before you go drawing water from another well.

2. Supernatural Day and Defy Superstition Day : How do you define "supernatural"? Do you believe in anything supernatural? Do you believe in any superstitions? Share your stories!

Supernatural - imaginary, nonexistent phenomena that provide entertainment via fictional books, films, etc.

Nope and nope.

3. Read A New Book Month : Are you reading anything at the moment? Would you like to start?

The Institute by Stephen King

4. Positive Thinking Day : Share your positive thought of the day. What simple things are you grateful for or happy about right now?

“Ceasing to do evil, Cultivating the good, Purifying the heart: This is the teaching of the Buddhas.”

A stable, decent-paying job, a nice apartment in a nice neighborhood, good health..

My lazy cat
IMG_20160801_164351338.jpg

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
Heya! Thanks for the tag @Auri

1. Fortune Cookie Day : What's your word of wisdom of the day? Write your own fortune cookie for SF members! I don't really have any specific advice right now, but I got an actual fortune cookie from a restaurant the other day, and the fortune inside said, "When the moment comes, take the one from the right." I don't really know what that means and have not been presented an opportunity to put it into practice anyway.
2. Supernatural Day and Defy Superstition Day : How do you define "supernatural"? Do you believe in anything supernatural? Do you believe in any superstitions? Share your stories!
I'm not into the supernatural very much, and the only superstitions I have are basic sports fan things, like I have to wear a certain thing on gamedays or else my favorite team will lose, etc. My one roommate, however, is obsessed with the show called Supernatural. She has a tattoo of some symbol from it, and two of the cats are named Sam and Dean after the characters on there. She has also expressed interest in other supernatural things like ghost hunting shows.
I've been reading Madness and Civilization by Michel Foucault lately, but it's been a while since I've picked it up. I would like to start reading The Biography of Tottenham Hotspur by Julie Welch, but I'm saving it for the bus ride down when I go to visit my sister in Richmond, Virginia, whenever that is.
I'm grateful for the support I have with vocational rehabilitation in helping me to find a job, because I'd feel totally lost without it.
I've chatted with my best friend and my sister today, as well as a few friends on here :)

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Them are some wonderful kitty pictures. :)

One I have seen attributed to many. Never interrupt an enemy who is in the process of destroying himself.

Absolutely do. But I live in a house where two people died(natural causes) and there can be an oddness at times. And I have been told the building I work in when I do go in is haunted by quite a few of my fellow employees and that many strange things happen there.

Lately been reading some of the works of Petrarch.

Positive thought...Well I am still living so anything may be possible. I am grateful that I haven't fallen apart as physically as I thought I would be by the time I hit my age. LOL

5. Friendship Month : Tell your friend(s) how much they mean to you, send them a message, spread some sunshine.

What are these friends you speak of? :)

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
*grouphug2

Hi @JMG . Just taking the time to wish a happy belated birthday to the Star Lady of SF. I hope you had a wonderful day and that this week is even better! You're amazing! ♡
Aw tysm Auri that's so kind of you & I appreciate the bday wishes. I had a very nice day thanks and my week is going quite good too. Did some shopping earlier and spent way too much but got some really nice things that I like a lot. Hope you are having a wonderful day and that your week is great too, you're amazing also of course! :) ;) *hug

Tysm for tagging me & opening the cafe for today too, love those pix you posted and also that LonelyHiker posted, so adorable! :)

"Be prepared"
"There is always hope"
"Treat others as you want to be treated"
I didn't write any of these myself, it's just good advice that I agree with and try to keep in mind as often as I can.

Something paranormal that happens or otherwise exists in the world.
I don't really believe in anything supernatural or superstitions though, I find them interesting to think of as theories though.

I'm reading a book called "Life after life" by Jill McCorkle, it's pretty good. I've always got at least 1 or more books on the go, love reading a lot :)

Shopping is lots of fun and I enjoyed doing some shopping earlier today. I love chocolate and am definitely very grateful for that. I ate some of it today even though I shouldn't have. I love my kitty and all cats and animals cos they are so sweet and unconditionally loving. Some things I'm grateful for are Trinity, drag queens, SF, books, nature, the above things I mentioned and everything I have.

I don't have many friends at all but to the few I have I'm very grateful and you definitely mean a lot to me. The kindness, thoughtfulness, encouragement, support and acceptance is wonderful, priceless and inspirational to behold, so thank you for making my life better by being in it and sharing those good and positive things with me. You're awesome and deserve to be happy, feel good about yourself and life in general and I really hope you're happy and having a great day :)

Happy Cat Month
I'm extremely tired right now (pretty much did "shop til I dropped" lol) or I'd do a search for some kitty art or photography pix. I love kitties very much so I definitely love that it's "Happy cat month" in the month of my bday lol. They are my fave animals, so sweet, loving and adorable. :)

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Ah ^^ I wouldn't necessarily recommend that book for the beach either, you're brave. :D To be honest I thought the writing style was particularly annoying. The TV series is certainly brilliant though!
Hope you enjoy your next book better. :)
I've watched the TV series and absolutely love it so thought I'd give the book a try. Glad I watched the series first, if I'd read the book I don't think I'd have bothered to watch it. I've read several of her books in the past and loved them - particularly Oryx and Crake. But I agree, the writing in this makes it hard work.

I'll have a look at the pile of books in the hotel lobby and see if anything looks happy and easy :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00