Jim's Cafe - 1st September

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Cafe.PNG
Welcome one and all to Jim's Café, the sanctuary for the long suffering sane from the madness of the modern world.

I don't usually do a cafe 2 days in a row, partly because I dont want to hog the limelight, partly because its nice to have some variety, and partly because I don't have enough material, but on that last front I feel like I have something for today.

Truth be told I am feeling very vulnerable and frail today, so I figured why not make a cafe about it, so welcome to the softest and fluffiest cafe I am likely to make for some time. In honour of this, I have done away with the tables and provided cushion filled corners to snuggle into instead. Is there any functional difference? No, but the imagery is cuddlier. And on the subject of imagery, ANY cute, soft, fluffy or otherwise comforting or beautiful images are encouraged.

Fun Facts:

1) A group of Hedgehogs is called a Prickle of Hedgehogs
2) Otters have little pouches on their body where they can keep little amounts of food and their favourite rock.
3) Cuddling releases serotonin and oxytocin, which can help improve one's mood and fight depression.
4) Penguins are ticklish, and they are not alone, among many others, rats will giggle ultrasonically when tickled.

Comfort Corner
Ever needed comfort? Discuss it here :D
1) When was the last time you needed some comforting?
2) Do you enjoy/utilise either blanket forts or cushion cocoons?
3) How much hot chocolate is too much, and is that even a thing?
4) If offered cuddles, how strongly would you reply "yes"?
5) Which is your favourite person/animal to cuddle when youre feeling down?

Beauty Corner

A corner to curl up in and discuss beauty in all it forms.
1) What makes someone beautiful, beyond physical attributes?
2) What sight do you find most beautiful?
3) What value do you place on beauty in your day to day life?
4) What is the most beautiful sound you know?

Sharing Corner
A place to open up and share.
1) What is something thing you wish to share with others?
2) What is something you rarely get to share with anyone?
3) Describe how it looks when you get to cut loose and be yourself for a change?
4) Share something important to you?
5) What is just too good to share with anyone?

The Booze Corner
A fluffy version of the bar to sit, wrap up warm and just relax in god company.
1) Say Hi
2) Say anything else.

Recruitment Corner
Go on, dont let me hog all the fun, make the next cafe NOT a Dante one, it doesnt matter what kind of cafe you do as long as it is a place for people to talk and share, have fun with it.

Blue Star

1) When was the last time you needed some comforting? All the time lol
2) Do you enjoy/utilise either blanket forts or cushion cocoons? yes
3) How much hot chocolate is too much, and is that even a thing? No such thing
4) If offered cuddles, how strongly would you reply "yes"? very likely
5) Which is your favourite person/animal to cuddle when youre feeling down? my 5yo nephew

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Thanks for the cafe and the tag @Dante @Auri :)

Feeling a bit down tonight, had a hideously upsetting day at work and I'm sad & angry that I wasn't allowed to do what needed doing. And being proved right at the end of the day is little comfort.

So I really need that hot chocolate right now and I'd prefer it with lots of fluffy cream and marshmallows on top (and maybe a good glug of Bailey's in it for medicinal purposes of course).

If offered cuddles, how strongly would you reply "yes"?
If anyone ever offers me a cuddle I pretty much throw myself into their arms. Cuddles are probably the most comforting thing I know. Sadly the one person I want hugs from the most doesn't want to supply them.

What makes someone beautiful, beyond physical attributes?
Kindness - a much underrated attribute

What sight do you find most beautiful?
Looking out to sea and seeing dawn break over the horizon.

What is just too good to share with anyone?
Chocolate. And ice cream.

Fleury Dragon

Rawr 🐲
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
Comfort Corner
1) When was the last time you needed some comforting? Lately anytime would be great
2) Do you enjoy/utilise either blanket forts or cushion cocoons? I wish I felt like I could relax enough to enjoy.
3) How much hot chocolate is too much, and is that even a thing? I have a special mint hot chocolate but sadly can't have often as I can't find it anywhere to restock. *shockI guess there is such a thing as too much if you are going to run out.
4) If offered cuddles, how strongly would you reply "yes"? I'd want to reply by yelling yes and dashing towards to person. But I realize that would scare them having a large hippo like animal come bearing down on them.
5) Which is your favourite person/animal to cuddle when youre feeling down? I have a secret purple teddy bear that sits on a shelf. Tammy cat would love to get hold of it. Anyway it's my favourite thing to cuddle because it holds memories.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for the tag in today's cafe too @Dante I was confused for a sec cos I was like "what the heck I thought I already clicked like for the cafe & tag you gave me for the cafe, then I realized it's for today not yesterday oops lol :p Anyway here's my answers to the q's, it's still technically Aug.31st here (for another 8.5 hours) but to those who are in September now, happy September!

Comfort Corner

Pretty much always need that, the more of it people are willing to give the better imo.
Enjoy, yes, utilize, not really lol. They're fun though, just don't really do that kind of thing anymore.
Any amount for me, liked it as a kid but as an adult I've always found it too rich. I end up feeling sick after drinking a cup of it so I just avoid it. I like how it tastes though.
Very, especially if it's with a guy, cat or dog lol.
My sweet lil kitty :)

Beauty Corner

Kindness, caring, sincerity, honesty (but with tact, of course!) and just being a good person who's trying as much as they can to do good/kind/caring and thoughtful kinds of things.
Aw this is a bloody hard one so I'll just have to pick "some of my faves" which are rainbows, art, flowers/nature, animals (esp. cats), beautiful/pretty fabric and fashion, sunrises, sunsets, all kinds of things :)
I guess a high amount, but it isn't just "physical" or outer beauty but beauty in all it's forms.
My cats sweet, adorable perfect lil meow and all the sounds she makes. Trinity's voice and perfect laugh are a very close second :)

Sharing Corner

Already said it above in terms of things I find beautiful, and also just that I really mean it when I say I hope everyone has a nice day and that I'm sending lots of hugs and love to everyone, I really hope no one thinks that is insincere because it's not at all it is very sincere.
How deeply, intensely and passionate of a person I truly am (the full, complete depth of it that is).
3) Describe how it looks when you get to cut loose and be yourself for a change?
Synergetic conversation is the best, most enjoyable way I have ever found for myself that has been the truest version of me, and having it appreciated on top of it? Absolute, pure and complete heaven.
Basically what I shared above already, and also being able to help people when possible but also feeling appreciated for it and where people are loyal as a result of kind/thoughtful things I've done. Oh and being appreciated for my own level of loyalty because it is truly infinite if the other person is willing to give me the same.
I agree with what Sunspots said, chocolate. Lol :) :p

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
1) When was the last time you needed some comforting? A long time.
2) Do you enjoy/utilise either blanket forts or cushion cocoons? I do use blankets and crawling under wool ones are great.
3) How much hot chocolate is too much, and is that even a thing? Been a while for hot chocolate unless it was a fresh baked cake. But no such thing as too much of anything chocolate.
4) If offered cuddles, how strongly would you reply "yes"? I am not so much for cuddling but I would be appreciative of the thoughtful and caring offer.
5) Which is your favourite person/animal to cuddle when youre feeling down? My cat is a great little lap warmer. :)

Beauty Corner
1) What makes someone beautiful, beyond physical attributes? Willing to be understanding. Understanding another is the first step to knowing them.
2) What sight do you find most beautiful? The outdoors, nature, plant and animal life. Even watching a bobcat or coyote feeding on a bunny or squirrel is wonderful, the cat has to eat also and it is the circle of life.
3) What value do you place on beauty in your day to day life? Not much after I look in the mirror. LOL
4) What is the most beautiful sound you know? I always found when my nephew and now my nieces were kids them playing and being silly and having fun in life as beautiful.

Sharing Corner
1) What is something thing you wish to share with others? Don't sweat the small stuff and with few exceptions most stuff that people get worked up over is small stuff.
2) What is something you rarely get to share with anyone? Lately with the lockdown most everything.
3) Describe how it looks when you get to cut loose and be yourself for a change? Pretty boring, I am fairly low key, quiet and uninteresting.
4) Share something important to you? People need to live and let live. Fairly simplistic but if more people/most people just went about their way and left others in peace to do the same so many problems in life could be avoided.
5) What is just too good to share with anyone? I love the chocolate answer.

Bbear82

Comfort Corner
for the last two weeks,
blanket forts
no such thing as too much hot chocolate
right now very strongly
my daughter

Beauty Corner
their heart and soul
depends on what your talking about
not sure
my daughters voice

Sharing Corner
love and kindness
who i truly am
dancing around the house listening to my music
my daughter
not sure

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00