Jim's Cafe - Valentine's Day (Sunday 14th February)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Git
SF Pro
SF Supporter
coollogo_com-91063020.png
You wouldn't BELIEVE how close I came to posting this Cafe without remembering it was valentines day! (Its the curse of a lonely bastard it seems) but with no further ado: Welcome one and all to Jim's Cafe - Valentine's Day! I usually try not to do the Cafe too often, but I liked some of the topics I could do for this one, well, that was before remembering it was Valentines day, a day that I have no business leading given my special "forever alone" status, but I'm kinda down a path here, so I'm just gonna make it the best damned Cafe I can!

So, aside from Valentine's Day it is also (among other things) "Marriage Day", "Donor Day", "Cream-Filled Chocolates Day", "International Book-Giving Day", "Pet Theft Awareness Day", "Flirting Week", "Bake For Family Fun Month", and "Library Lover's Month". So for today I will be keeping the "tables" idea from last Cafe and will be having Two tables today: The Lover's Table and the Flying Solo Table, though I think I'm gonna do the facts before splitting you up this time.

Whatever table you end up on, today is the day to shout out those messages of love! (It is Valentines Day, Cream-Filled Chocolates Day, Flirting Week and Marriage Day, how many more excuses do you need??) Just remember to keep it PC people, there are some underage users on this site! (No naughty stories, sorry) So without further ado, The Fun (and sometimes not so fun) Facts:

1) Not a fun one, but important, during this last year pet thefts have skyrocketed for obvious reasons, everyone wants a companion in these lonely times and too many people are stealing others and selling them on, also Dogs are 5 times more likely to be stolen than cats, so keep your furry little loved ones close this Valentines Day and beyond.
2) The very first Valentine was sent in the 15th Century in the form of a poem written by a French Duke named Charles to his wife in 1415 whilst he was imprisoned in the Tower of London at only 21 years old.
3) The red rose is the favourite flower of Venus, the Roman god of love.
4) In the middle ages, young men and women would draw names from a bowl to determine their valentine and wear the name on their sleeve for a week, displaying it for all to see, supposedly this is where the phrase "to wear your heart on your sleeve" came from
5) A Pro-Tip for anyone sending chocolates this year, according to National Confectioners Association, Caramels are the most popular flavour of chocolate boxes, followed by chocolate-covered nuts, chocolate filled and cream filled... then coconut... to each their own I suppose.

=====================================================
coollogo_com-5475410.png
Welcome you lovely and lucky people! Welcome to the table of Love, Lust and Chocolate (and Envy from anyone sitting at a different table)! May your days be happy and night be special. Lets try to make this heartfelt, and remember, feel free to spread those messages and stories of love. Honestly being reminded that you don't have to be a "happy and stable" normie to have a significant other is welcome.

Question Time:
1) Do you have a Significant Other? If so how long have you been together and how did you meet?
2) Have you ever made your own chocolates? What was the occasion and how did it turn out?
3) Do you have any plans for today?
4) What is your favourite thing about your Significant Other?
5) Tell us a love story of yours, doesn't matter what, whatever moves your heart.

coollogo_com-1076222.png
Hey you solo warriors you! Whether you like to spread your net wide, like to keep it simple, or simply have no one to be with, welcome to the Flying Solo Table! Please feel free to share memories of Love and happiness if you wish, but out of respect to the forever alone crowd (myself included :() I will be keeping the questions Solo oriented and focusing on the other celebrations of the day.

1) Do you have a pet? If so, tell us about them (pictures welcome).
2) Have you ever given blood?
3) What is your favourite book and why?
4) When was your last adventure, and what was it? (any adventure counts).
5) What are your FAVOURITE chocolates?
6) Do you have any fun Valentines Rituals you observe as a single person?

I will try to invite anyone I can think of, so if I have missed anyone out, please feel free to invite them and give them a happy valentines message whilst you're at it if you like, and hijacking the threat for whatever reason is good too *grouphug2

Ok, time to start the tagging...
@Aurelia @FlamingoWrangler @HappyKitty @johnDoen @Kiwi2016 @cymbele @extraterrestrialone @Sunday16

Last edited:

Fleury Dragon

Rawr 🐲
Chat Pro
SF Supporter
Happy Valentine's SF Family *woohoo

1) Do you have a Significant Other? If so how long have you been together and how did you meet?
I do have a significant other who has passed away. He will forever be in my heart and I was blessed to have him.

2) Have you ever made your own chocolates? What was the occasion and how did it turn out?
Yes I have made chocolates before but nothing special. I used to prefer to make a white chocolate mud cake for people's birthdays.

3) Do you have any plans for today?
Your today is my yesterday *roflso I watched movies and mum visited in the afternoon.

4) What is your favourite thing about your Significant Other?
My favourite thing about David was his intellect and compassion, he was always there for me when I needed him.
5) Tell us a love story of yours, doesn't matter what, whatever moves your heart.
David proposed to me on the 4th December. We were sitting outside in the moonlight and he was playing guitar and singing to me. Then he asked me to marry him.

I have Tammy who is the most awesome cat. Comes to comfort me when I need it.
P80513-125316(1).jpg received_637302463569317.jpeg
No I've never given blood. When I was younger I didn't weigh enough and now I'm on medication that eliminates me.
Favourite hmm. Not sure probably Artemis fowl series because they are light and easy to read. Usually help to make me less sad.
Otherwise I would choose Lord of the rings and the hobbit.
Adventure, nasty horrible things, what hobbit would want one of those.

Whittakers chocolates are my favourite, nothing with nuts.
Yes I usually try to do something nice for myself, who else knows you best. Treating myself even if it's just watching a movie or staying in bed late is important.

Thank you @Dante

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe , you did a great job, and also thank you for inviting me.

1. significant other : i have been married for 42 years. we met when we were both volunteering at a home for mentally handicapped children.

2. make chocolates : no but my wife has, just for the grandchildren.

3. plans : take my wife where she wants to go

4. best thing about significant other : she is she and always loves me, even when i'm a bad boy lol. also she is a real fighter. in school they said she had mental handicaps and could never learn. they just had her volunteer and they would give her a special ed diploma. i talked her into quitting school. she went back at night and earned her regular diploma and ended the top in her class for dca, pca and pss licenses. all she needed was confidance and people telling her she could succeed. she is a fighter and never gives up. i admire that.

5. be back for that one

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
ok number 5. i'll give you love story for the two women i was engaged to.

i met woman 1 at a cyo ( church teen group) and we met at a convention. shall we say we got very close at a convention, no we didn't go all the way lol. we talked a lot over the phone because it was a long distance relationship. well i did ask her and i was serious but i was in the navy. her parents even met my parents. well it got too complicated. just as i was getting out she joined the navy. we finally decided it wouldn't work

woman # 2 is so tragic. i loved this girl since she was 16. we got engaged when she turned 18. well one night she came over to my place with a bunch of girls. i was tired and kind of yelled at her. they were there to cook for me and deep clean my house. i didn't know boy did i feel like heal. well she broke up with me and wouldn't take me back because i was a workaholic. she is the only woman i ever begged, i was even on my knees. her parents, siblings, and grandmother told her to take me back. to this day 44 years later and we still love each other.

woman # 3 is my world

mike

Dycorp

If we only count true pets, then i've got 3 dogs. So i am always surrounded by women ;). Due to GDPR, i cannot send you pictures about them without their consents ^^

Yes, tho only like once.

Dan Millman - The Journeys of Socrates; Actually in hungarian, this is one of most beautifully written story i have ever read. ^^ But maybe the translator shall be praised too *:?

Dirty Dy back to your cave! They said keep it PG!

The circular chocolate, the square chocolate, the long chocolate, the short chocolate, the spherical chocolate, the flat chocolate, the solid chocolate, the holey chocolate, the wrapped chocolate, the naked chocolate, the whole chocolate, the inchoate chocolate, the sweet chocolate, the bitter chocolate, the pipe(y) chocolate, the nutted chocolate, the milk chocolate, the liqueured chocolate, the yesteryear chocolate, the "thisyear's" chocolate, and every kind chocolate they manufacture on the whole world! :D

Sometimes I'm trying to guess how strong their relationship is by looking at their body language, behavior etc. :? :D

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Thanks @Dante for opening the café, and for remembering both those who are in a relationship and those of us who are alone.

I have a cat, her name is Calypso. She has become very much family to me. I'll post some pics for you later, they are on my phone.

Yes, used to all the time.

You want me to pick! I have so many. I'll have to make a list and come back to this question.

Last Sunday I ventured to the grocery store. It seems all the good folk in my state have forgotten how to drive in the last year (if they ever knew), and I think my life flashed before my eyes at least 3 times. I may repeat the grocery store quest tomorrow if I feel brave enough.

Truffles! Particularly dark chocolate ones. I'm down with any chocolate.

Eat, sleep, smoke ... no not really.

JMG

~ Peace and love to all ~
Tysm for tagging me @Dante & for posting such a lovely Vday cafe for today too! :) Love those graphics so much, I think you did a great job on them, so beautiful! I went & made a couple of my own on that site too so I'll post them under the replies to the q's ;) Also made some Vday themed Star Wars collage things so just thought I'd post those also.

I'm definitely at the singles table & those questions look far more appealing (and less triggering!) for me to answer so they are what I'll reply to ;)
Happy Vday to everyone here though, and remember it doesn't only mean romantic love, it can be a day that's just for celebrating love in all its forms. That's how I choose to think of it ;) :)

Yup, 1 kitty. Her name is Bella :) She's an adorable, beautiful, all black tabby cat and she is gonna be 2 yrs old in April.

Yup.

Really hard to pick just one, but one of my faves is the 3rd Harry Potter book (Prisoner of Azkaban) read it more times than I can count.

I'm not really an "adventure" kind of girl overall but I guess making a Vday card last night? Wasn't totally sure how it was gonna turn out or if it was gonna work but I like how it turned out & had fun making it :)

Kinder Bueno, Ferrero Rocher and Lintz milk chocolate, milk chocolate almond or the crunchy one, they're all heavenly imo :)

I just celebrate Vday as celebrating love in all its forms as I said above. Makes it a trillion times more enjoyable than before I thought of it that way that's for sure. Much less limiting too! ;) :)

(With a background)
happyvdaytext.png

(Without a background, and diff. font. Love the one you used Dante so I used the same one sorry not tryin to be a copycat lol it's just a really nice one!) ;) :)
vdaytexttransp.png

swvdayfunkowithborder.png
swvdayfunkovert.png
happyvdaypix.png

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Yo! On Valentine’s day, usually, we’d celebrate my brothers birthday cause my brother’s birthday is same as Vday but we had advance celebration since everyones free on CNY. Also, we gave a prayer to one of my family members recent passing together that happened last Thursday. Then all thats done, today, time for myself to just colour typical rose for valentines day and planning a fun day with my cousin cause she wanted to colour along one day too. I’m just glad I’m focusing on myself. There’s more to life than just relationships. Hehe.

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
So sorry to hear of #1) @Fleurise . . .
Tammy ~looks S'marvelous & S'wonderful!!! ;D

I forgto the questions - already..;)
No, I don't like/hate chocolate *(at least as is presented in the form of a typical Valenties'!) :D when starved; or starginv. . ; ) then, May_be^ on some ice cream, or in some pie ~ala French Silk!! (Uhh.. Di-Vine!) ;) ... I used to like giving blood -(nowadays~!) how-ever; I moreso "get_it!" ;);) Uh-Lah, ~*> // any.thing.else? On_Your_Mind! :D

Witty_Sarcasm

🦄🦜🧁🌈🌝💖
SF Supporter
The 14th is my nephew's birthday, so that's why it's an important date to me. I'm always single so I'm not into celebrating the rest of it. lol

1) Do you have a pet? If so, tell us about them (pictures welcome). No, but I want a few.
2) Have you ever given blood? Not yet, maybe I will someday.
3) What is your favourite book and why? I can't pick one. haha
4) When was your last adventure, and what was it? (any adventure counts). Going outside around people. *hiding
5) What are your FAVOURITE chocolates? Almost any kind really.
6) Do you have any fun Valentines Rituals you observe as a single person? Eating half price candy :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00