Meditation 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sort of confused today. Some flashbacks merge with the illusion of the future. Expectations become overshadowed by pessimism, hope wrestles with scepticism. A strange mix of all feelings that guide nowhere.
I have been wanting to try meditation for a long time now. Maybe it could dismiss this mess of feelings and thought voices in my head. Maybe, If I would go inside my mind more often, I would find things... It is said that we all hold the answers to our questions inside of us. I do believe and intuitevly know that it really is so.

My depression backed off mainly when I understood that I don't know who I am. I felt it. What am I doing here, what do I want my life to be? Am I evil or am I good? What do I stand for? I thought I used to know these things, but now, I don't think so.
I used to think, that I should do all these things, like writing, drawing, learning music so that I would become someone, but I didn't. I have been busy by fearing that I will grow up without any talents, that I will be boring and stuff. That I need to be great at these things so that I wouldn't be a waste of time. Of course, art is in my soul and I need it, else wise, I can't survive, but there is more to life.
I don't know who I am anymore. I change with every year. I get older, I regress, I make mistakes. I learn new things that make me wonder.
Knowing who you are is a foundation for your life. A strong base will make a firm person.

Anywayyyssssss!
I'm trying meditation. I have done it in the past, I think it helped, though I wasn't consistent. I'll do my best to make it a habit. I will start now and check in every day to stay motivated. My choice is mindfulness meditation and breathing exercises. I already feel all of this as a thorn in my ass, but I know that It will be good for me and... I have to try.

I suppose I will consciously put aside all the obligations that I have put upon myself and just relax. See where it goes.

Bye Chucky, we will be together again one day :D
(ok, I think I have had too much Skittles today)
sfff.jpg

Day 3
Just finished "meditation". Got only through 5 minutes + centring. I feel calmer and sleepy, energized at the same time.
No special thoughts came to mind.

Day 4 and 5, check!
The breathing technique felt good. I noticed that I can inhale and exhale to a count of 5, instead of 3 as when I was a smoker. I,m really happy about that.

Merseymike

I am meditating too. 44 days now
If you want a very good free app I would recommend Insight Timer. Loads of guided meditations and others - music, mantras etc and also a timer where you can set opening, interval, and closing bells, ambient music etc

Day 6 - 15 min
Day 7 - 20 min
Check!

Today was awesome! Felt really relaxed. Saw a beautiful bright blue color, my eyes were closed. The light was so bright that there was no site of black tones. After that, I felt I'm in a forest. It felt as if I'm fully in my mind, fluid and... I'm not sure how to describe it.
So far, so good.

Today was awesome! Felt really relaxed. Saw a beautiful bright blue color, my eyes were closed. The light was so bright that there was no site of black tones. After that, I felt I'm in a forest. It felt as if I'm fully in my mind, fluid
Wow! You're getting those effects with just 20 minutes of meditation?

You seem to be a natural at this

forgot meditation yesterday/day 7. Some no life changed my pc admin password. With all the fixing of the situation, forgot all about meditation.

Merseymike

You can miss a day without a problem - did you have a look at Insight Timer? There are quickie 1 minute meditations there for those occasions

You can miss a day without a problem - did you have a look at Insight Timer? There are quickie 1 minute meditations there for those occasions
Yes I took a look at it but since I'm the only person without an iphone these days, I cant get it :D
I think I just did feel like it :( yesterday was the same thing, will try to catch up today :)

Day 8 - check
Day - 9, 10, 11, 12 - where the hell was I? I literally forgot to meditate. Ok, will try to remember today! Lately memory ir really messed up

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
read back through the thread at how great you were feeling. sounds like it was working awesome. keep up the good work. (makes me want to try.. hmm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00